• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Rookies, The Bad and the Browns

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What a great start for Lamar, the rookies et al.

Definitely not perfect though and lots of room for improvement too though:

- running game was lacklustre
- tackling left much to be desired
- early defensive confusion to be ironed out
- lacking a consistent pass rush still
- run defence was inconsistent

and obviously the biggest dark cloud lingering is the ronnie stanley injury

but on the other side of things
- Lamar went 80% completion percentage for 275 yds and a 150+ passer rating
- JK dobbins 2 TDs
- Patrick Queen 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
- Malik Harrison 1 PD (nearly turned into a chuck clark pick)
- Duvernay did well on the kickoff returns and had the screen
- Tyre Phillips not perfect but started at RG
- Broderick Washington part of the DL rotation in week 1

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tyre phillips gave up a sack on a quality stunt, and i cant fault him too much, but other than that he appeared to do a decent job

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ingram is close to done . Now you know why we picked Dobbins who has considerable burst and speed .
eh i think cleveland just really sold out to stop the run, dobbins had the openings and ingram didnt.

i think clearly dobbins is the "starter" but im not writing off ingram.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
How much longer do we have to hear the "Lamar can't throw" bullshit? You clearly haven't been watching him play if you still think that.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
eh i think cleveland just really sold out to stop the run, dobbins had the openings and ingram didnt.

i think clearly dobbins is the "starter" but im not writing off ingram.
Selling out to stop the run will not stop Lamar anymore . He will carve you up like a Thanksgiving Turkey and could have had 4-5 td throws today if not for a fumble , etc .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

to me that sounds like an oxymoron - being rolled up on is one of the most dangerous moments in football

but good that it sounds not serious at all - im hoping they just decided to shut him down for the day because of the scoreline

getting rolled up on can be bad but i think hes referring to just like a little ankle tweak

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can we give credit to Levine for reading that fake punt instantly? I am actually surprised with how blatantly Levine read it that no one on the Browns called timeout to change the play.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
That was not a perfect game by ANY means, but I think time will show that was a much more impressive win than it even appeared. I think that Clevland team is good and we made em look silly. As long as Ronnie is ok, I don't think we could have asked for more. Obviously with time, we'll be more and more polished and that's gonna be awesome. I think Houston is in big trouble next week.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ronnie was standing on the sideline for just about the whole time He was out and was talking to Garrett after the game and didn’t look uncomfortable at all

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

to me that sounds like an oxymoron - being rolled up on is one of the most dangerous moments in football

but good that it sounds not serious at all - im hoping they just decided to shut him down for the day because of the scoreline

supposedly he never even went to the locker room.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Beautiful by lamar.. exactly what i thought, fluker is terrible
To be fair he was going against Myles, but yea, he should be purely depth

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What we saw from OBJ is the very reason why I'm so glad we don't have AB. When he's not getting the ball, he gets emotional and looks like our secondary could smell the bitch from him and capitalized. Way to work, secondary!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Our week one dominance continues, so many bright spots to take away from the game. I think losing Yanda played a good part into our lack of a run game but also the Browns defended it good too.

Hopefully Stanley will be ok for next week but Fluker did well at Tackle in his place. Let's continue taking care of business.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What we saw from OBJ is the very reason why I'm so glad we don't have AB. When he's not getting the ball, he gets emotional and looks like our secondary could smell the [profanity deleted] from him and capitalized. Way to work, secondary!
He was one of my favorite non-Ravens in his first couple of years but good god he’s turned into such a little bitch when he gets shat on by a DB