• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Rookies, The Bad and the Browns

rossihunter2

Staff Member
and another skura allowing penetration moment to kill a play - was about to say just put mekari in but in his 1 drive he allowed a penetration too lol

IOL really needs to progress now - Bozeman played fairly well, Phillips has now had his first start and should get better from here, Skura has had his first game back from the injury so you'd hope each one after should be better too

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and another skura allowing penetration moment to kill a play - was about to say just put mekari in but in his 1 drive he allowed a penetration too lol

IOL really needs to progress now - Bozeman played fairly well, Phillips has now had his first start and should get better from here, Skura has had his first game back from the injury so you'd hope each one after should be better too
Man this OL has me really concerned for the long run this season. If we don’t address edge and OL next season in dramatic fashion we’re gonna kill our chances at a super bowl. If the OL doesn’t progress a whole fucking shit ton this season, then we’re gonna be screwed in the playoffs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man this OL has me really concerned for the long run this season. If we don’t address edge and OL next season in dramatic fashion we’re gonna kill our chances at a super bowl. If the OL doesn’t progress a whole fucking shit ton this season, then we’re gonna be screwed in the playoffs

tbf the way our OL is constructed right now it should get better as the season progresses - we’ve got 2 guys who should improve with every game they get underneath them - skies coming back from injury and tyre Phillips the rookie in a stilted offseason

it’s a super young offensive line with everyone on their rookie deal and they just lost a HOFer - they’ll get better

the issue is that we’ve got 2 of our toughest games on paper in week 2 and 3 and in week 4 face a DL with 5 first round picks on it

if these games were later in the year i think we’d feel more confident in the OL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tbf the way our OL is constructed right now it should get better as the season progresses - we’ve got 2 guys who should improve with every game they get underneath them - skies coming back from injury and tyre Phillips the rookie in a stilted offseason

it’s a super young offensive line with everyone on their rookie deal and they just lost a HOFer - they’ll get better

the issue is that we’ve got 2 of our toughest games on paper in week 2 and 3 and in week 4 face a DL with 5 first round picks on it

if these games were later in the year i think we’d feel more confident in the OL
That is true, last year it felt like our run game became more and more consistent as the year went on, it was always good but it became a well oiled machine the further we went

rossihunter2

Staff Member
First thing I’m watching when I wake up fam

@organizedchaos21 on twitter did a breakdown on twitter of the defensive snap counts too - it was something that i anecdotally noticed when watching but didnt have the numbers to back it up but Malik Harrison played more than LJ Fort in the first half - now that could be a function of all sorts of things e.g. they like him in the running game and LJ Fort played more when the Browns were chasing or it's a sign of how much they trust him already in all phases

that being said the 2nd LB on each drive rarely played on high leverage passing downs and in some cases even Queen came off the field too