• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Rookies, The Bad and the Browns

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
1. get duvernay more touches
2. dobbins needs 20 carries a game
3. patrick queen may have some learning curve but he is a play maker
4. tyus bowser is due for a big year
5. boykin made some plays but man he needs to commit out of his breaks more
6. deshon elliott has spent 2 years on ir for a reason, hes fucking reckless
7. cant wait for madubuike to be back because brandon williams is poop
8. malik harrison was as advertised, he was a physical presence
9. campbell was a stellar addition
10. judon looked totally incompetent and im fucking heated right now that after we passed on every upgrade he came out looking like that
11. hollywood will be a pro bowler
12. i think tyre is for real
13. snead is slept on
14. marlon humphrey could end up in the DPOY conversation at this rate

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What we saw from OBJ is the very reason why I'm so glad we don't have AB. When he's not getting the ball, he gets emotional and looks like our secondary could smell the [profanity deleted] from him and capitalized. Way to work, secondary!
its a running joke now, when we play the browns just kick the shit out of odb and get in his head, watch him drop the ball and piss and moan and pout all day. he was milliseconds from getting ejected when chuck clark pushed him out of bounds on the "did not re establish" play, he turned around and almost threw it at clarks head but just barely stopped himself

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Is Judon still a trade candidate or nah? I’m seeing a Bowser explosion. 17 mill for Judon to get shoved out of a run play by Hooper is hilarious

rossihunter2

Staff Member
10. judon looked totally incompetent and im fucking heated right now that after we passed on every upgrade he came out looking like that

judon didnt pose much of a pass rush threat and he had the boneheaded play but he did some other really nice things

obviously you pay him to be a pass rush threat but he had some nice plays in coverage and he ruined what should have been a nice screen call for the browns when he stopped his rush after recognising what was happening

i do find it hard rationalising judon's intelligence and play recognition with his boneheaded plays sometimes - he's constantly doing things that show great football IQ but then has too many plays where that seems to lapse

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Is Judon still a trade candidate or nah? I’m seeing a Bowser explosion. 17 mill for Judon to get shoved out of a run play by Hooper is hilarious
plenty of time until the trade deadline, but I doubt he gets traded.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
What we saw from OBJ is the very reason why I'm so glad we don't have AB. When he's not getting the ball, he gets emotional and looks like our secondary could smell the [profanity deleted] from him and capitalized. Way to work, secondary!
AB is my very Wr and i agree with you..
Edit, well him and hope

Reactions: cdp

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
1. get duvernay more touches
2. dobbins needs 20 carries a game
3. patrick queen may have some learning curve but he is a play maker
4. tyus bowser is due for a big year
5. boykin made some plays but man he needs to commit out of his breaks more
6. deshon elliott has spent 2 years on ir for a reason, hes fucking reckless
7. cant wait for madubuike to be back because brandon williams is poop
8. malik harrison was as advertised, he was a physical presence
9. campbell was a stellar addition
11. hollywood will be a pro bowler
12. i think tyre is for real
13. snead is slept on
14. marlon humphrey could end up in the DPOY conversation at this rate
After like 4 plays i started saying Dpoy from hump.just gotta tune down those holding calls. I was like in and out of game but was judon really thst bad?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Today could have been Lamar Jackson's best day as a pro. He had to make more difficult throughs then any other game in his career. He accomplished this when the ground game was clicking on all cylinders.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
judon didnt pose much of a pass rush threat and he had the boneheaded play but he did some other really nice things

obviously you pay him to be a pass rush threat but he had some nice plays in coverage and he ruined what should have been a nice screen call for the browns when he stopped his rush after recognising what was happening

i do find it hard rationalising judon's intelligence and play recognition with his boneheaded plays sometimes - he's constantly doing things that show great football IQ but then has too many plays where that seems to lapse
thats exactly what im saying, and ive seen this from him since he was a rookie, hes always been very intuitive and makes very advanced decisions, like even as a 5th round rookie he was doing shit you wouldnt expect, and then he will disappear for a whole half and have an inexcusable unsportsmanlike conduct

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
thats exactly what im saying, and ive seen this from him since he was a rookie, hes always been very intuitive and makes very advanced decisions, like even as a 5th round rookie he was doing shit you wouldnt expect, and then he will disappear for a whole half and have an inexcusable unsportsmanlike conduct
He didn't make "as many" boneheaded mistakes last season.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Have to think The Ravens are going to be in the market for a pass rusher. I also think Odell Beckham will be traded from The Browns this year.

Can we give credit to Levine for reading that fake punt instantly? I am actually surprised with how blatantly Levine read it that no one on the Browns called timeout to change the play.

Came here to say this. He instantly sniffed it out and got people in position to stop it. Made me really appreciate having that vet savvy and it also played a big part in breaking the Browns' spirit - or at least preventing any kind of momentum swing early on.

The Browns should move on from OBJ if they're serious about Baker. The two have zero chemistry, and if Odell can't be the star, he becomes a liability and doesn't want to play.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Came here to say this. He instantly sniffed it out and got people in position to stop it. Made me really appreciate having that vet savvy and it also played a big part in breaking the Browns' spirit - or at least preventing any kind of momentum swing early on.
The punter was leaning, it was obviously a fake punt. Glad Levine sniffed it out.