• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Texans

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Great week 1 win. Next at a Texans team that just got pummelled by the Chiefs on Thursday Night.

Texans will have extra days to rest but already without Duke Johnson (and obviously DeAndre Hopkins not there anymore)

Ronnie Stanley's injury will loom large for us if he can't go.

Hopefully it might be a get healthy game for our running game based on what the Chiefs did to them.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I feel really good about this one especially without having to worry about Nuk. Watt was disruptive against the Chiefs and you have to respect Fuller and Cooks, but DJ doesn’t scare me too much. The Texans looked extremely average week 1, but we’ll see what happens

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Texans like to wear their all whites for their home opener. If the pattern remains, I expect us to wear our purples.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean the Texans game is a classic trap game considering that ALL eyes are on week 3. The Texans may not be great, but they are almost certainly a playoff team so underestimating them could let them steal a game here.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I mean the Texans game is a classic trap game considering that ALL eyes are on week 3. The Texans may not be great, but they are almost certainly a playoff team so underestimating them could let them steal a game here.

Whereas I agree that would ordinarily be true of a Ravens team, ever since Lamar took over, there really hasn't been an example of a trap game actually coming to fruition. I think this is a new team my friend that is hyper focused. Watson holds on to the ball too long and I think you'll see a very similar result to last year's matchup which was a bloodbath

Whereas I agree that would ordinarily be true of a Ravens team, ever since Lamar took over, there really hasn't been an example of a trap game actually coming to fruition. I think this is a new team my friend that is hyper focused. Watson holds on to the ball too long and I think you'll see a very similar result to last year's matchup which was a bloodbath

The Titans game was a trap game, Lamar even admitted to looking ahead

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean he openly admits the Titans were a trap game as he was looking ahead to KC.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The Titans game was a trap game, Lamar even admitted to looking ahead

Lol a couple of you have said this. And I remember when he said that. I just don't necessarily believe it. I just feel like it's unlikely that Lamar was looking forward to KC after his first playoff performance. I think this year it won't matter who we're playing, Lamar won't be overlooking anyone given how his first 2 playoffs games have gone.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol a couple of you have said this. And I remember when he said that. I just don't necessarily believe it. I just feel like it's unlikely that Lamar was looking forward to KC after his first playoff performance. I think this year it won't matter who we're playing, Lamar won't be overlooking anyone given how his first 2 playoffs games have gone.
Well, if it wasn't a trap game, then they just simply choked then.

Its one or the other.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well, if it wasn't a trap game, then they just simply choked then.

Its one or the other.

Completely agree! In my opinion that was an almost unforgivable choke. My sort of logic is they did not overlook Henry. They made a point to talk about how they were gonna stop him. Then he destroyed us. Also, we were great on fourth down ALL year and that game we couldn't convert. You don't look past your 4th down drills in practice. Sometimes your opponent comes to play and as the favorite you choke. I don't think for one second, at least Lamar let the thoughts of KC stop him from practicing to the best of his ability vs Ten.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Completely agree! In my opinion that was an almost unforgivable choke. My sort of logic is they did not overlook Henry. They made a point to talk about how they were gonna stop him. Then he destroyed us. Also, we were great on fourth down ALL year and that game we couldn't convert. You don't look past your 4th down drills in practice. Sometimes your opponent comes to play and as the favorite you choke. I don't think for one second, at least Lamar let the thoughts of KC stop him from practicing to the best of his ability vs Ten.
I'm not going to regurgitate all my detailed thoughts on that game any longer, since we're on to 2020.

That being said... I've been on record all along that Henry was largely irrelevant in that game, and I stand by that. There's plenty of avenues where he did what he did and we win by 20. We just took every opportunity possible to give them the ball in favorable field positions all game long, made some very uncharacteristic mistakes, and put up a bunch of gaudy stats that didn't amount to anything in real life.

It was a choke job by all accounts.

We have to avoid that this year.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm not going to regurgitate all my detailed thoughts on that game any longer, since we're on to 2020.

That being said... I've been on record all along that Henry was largely irrelevant in that game, and I stand by that. There's plenty of avenues where he did what he did and we win by 20. We just took every opportunity possible to give them the ball in favorable field positions all game long, made some very uncharacteristic mistakes, and put up a bunch of gaudy stats that didn't amount to anything in real life.

It was a choke job by all accounts.

We have to avoid that this year.

Sure, I agree with that. By no means was Henry the only reason we lost. Exactly as you said it was more on us. Lots of uncharacteristic mistakes. Injuries didn't help but I don't think that was the only factor either. Total choke job. Regardless I would have preferred that it didn't happen, but I'm honestly kinda glad it did. First playoff game, Lamar wasn't ready. Second one he was and we choked. I think those sets of experiences are going to be instrumental in his future. And obviously not everything is on him, but he is the leader and I think people listen. Every press interview, the praise the team mates give to Lamar is so genuine, unlike anything we saw with Flacco in my opinion. I think Lamar's passion and now veteran experience with playoff losses will really be good for the team.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think it might make sense to not rush Skura after what we saw last week and trot out Stanley, Bozeman, Mekari, Phillips, Brown provided Ronnie is a go?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone think it might make sense to not rush Skura after what we saw last week and trot out Stanley, Bozeman, Mekari, Phillips, Brown provided Ronnie is a go?
I don't think we're rushing him. I think its possible the injury makes him less effective. I think if we sat him now, I don't know why he'd be more effective in like November or December.

I didn't like the way he played, but I really didn't like the way barely anybody else on the Oline played either. Tough defense to play against.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don't think we're rushing him. I think its possible the injury makes him less effective. I think if we sat him now, I don't know why he'd be more effective in like November or December.

I didn't like the way he played, but I really didn't like the way barely anybody else on the Oline played either. Tough defense to play against.

The reason I brought it up is because before his injury last year he was playing at a higher level than yesterday. I was potentially attributing that to maybe not being completely healthy. If he is healthy than hopefully it's just some rust to knock off.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The reason I brought it up is because before his injury last year he was playing at a higher level than yesterday. I was potentially attributing that to maybe not being completely healthy. If he is healthy than hopefully it's just some rust to knock off.
Yeah I think its too early to give up on him or think he's going to be far worse. Plus I'm always of the mindset that the medical/training staffs and the players/coaches have a lot more knowledge about how well these guys can play with injuries or recovering from injuries than we do.

Will give it a few games to see how he's doing.