• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Texans

JO_75

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Teams are allowed to promote 2 PS players on gameday. How many times can a player be actived from PS (is there a specific limit?) I assume Richard's the #1 option again

no limit on how many times we can elevate but only the first 2 times will those players automatically return to the practice squad without going through waivers

basically if we elevate richards again this week that's the last time we can do it without the threat of losing him after we activate him the 3rd time

it's possible that we activate him this week and then hope that chris moore is back for KC and then richards is left on the PS until we need him again

although its also possible that we're fine risking him every week because no one claimed him when he was on the open market after we cut him and there are very few teams that value special teams the way we do

but to answer your question there's no limit on how many times we can activate a PS player for gamedays but we can only do it without them hitting waivers on the way back down twice

Simba

Staff Member
no limit on how many times we can elevate but only the first 2 times will those players automatically return to the practice squad without going through waivers

basically if we elevate richards again this week that's the last time we can do it without the threat of losing him after we activate him the 3rd time

it's possible that we activate him this week and then hope that chris moore is back for KC and then richards is left on the PS until we need him again

although its also possible that we're fine risking him every week because no one claimed him when he was on the open market after we cut him and there are very few teams that value special teams the way we do

but to answer your question there's no limit on how many times we can activate a PS player for gamedays but we can only do it without them hitting waivers on the way back down twice

Richards is kind of the only one that makes sense this week, and now that his salary isn't guaranteed for the year, he could just stay on the 53 after this week if they feel comfortable moving someone else off of the roster. I'd still think they're going to take their chances with him going up and down unless a spot truly does open via injury, but it wouldn't surprise me otherwise if he just sticks on the 53 in the next couple of weeks.

Only other thing that I could see this week is adding Adams at TE3. OL had it's struggles last week, so I wonder if they might be a little more cautious with having a blocker there that can chip in on the edge. I still think they'll lean Ricard, but just another consideration.

No one else really makes sense unless they want to see what a guy like Warrior can do on ST or something, but I don't think that's something they're worried about in week 2. Can't burn those promotions too early.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Richards is kind of the only one that makes sense this week, and now that his salary isn't guaranteed for the year, he could just stay on the 53 after this week if they feel comfortable moving someone else off of the roster. I'd still think they're going to take their chances with him going up and down unless a spot truly does open via injury, but it wouldn't surprise me otherwise if he just sticks on the 53 in the next couple of weeks.

Only other thing that I could see this week is adding Adams at TE3. OL had it's struggles last week, so I wonder if they might be a little more cautious with having a blocker there that can chip in on the edge. I still think they'll lean Ricard, but just another consideration.

No one else really makes sense unless they want to see what a guy like Warrior can do on ST or something, but I don't think that's something they're worried about in week 2. Can't burn those promotions too early.

yeah i think it's richards every week and if someone claims him after the chiefs game then so be it

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It'll be the same in week 3 too.

Ravens lose and it's "they can't beat Mahomes".

Ravens win and "it's early and they won't beat the Chiefs twice in a season"

Can't win with the media clowns lol.
If their job depended on accuracy they all would be fired. I dislike media analyst the most man. Even worse that the people with little football knowledge take it and run with it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As we sort of expected - Jordan Richards has been elevated again

it means the only real question in terms of inactives is whether Justice Hill is activated and who he would be active in stead of... maybe otaro alaka who played 12 special teams snaps but i think most were on kickoffs

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Yeah as really that came off as no surpirse for Jordan Richards to be elevated there.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Beat the Texans and keep the momentum going. Go Ravens!

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our O-line is going to get Lamar killed!