• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Baltimore Orioles Discussion (2017 Season)

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Schoop for being named the Most Valuable Oriole!

Last edited:
O

OriolesMagicPlease

Yes. The last person to get pied was Trumbo. Instead of continuing the interview like everyone else, he walked into the clubhouse clearly in a hissy fit. Adam immediately tweeted that the pieing was over. My guess is Trumbo is responsible for the pies being gone in the first place. Wish his ass wasn't going to be on the roster next season.

Well he is party pooper!

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Ynoa pitched 8 innings and only gave up 1 run. I think he's definitely earned the chance to compete for a spot in the rotation next year.

Shhh. Don't tell Dan and Peter that, they will think our starting rotation is all set!

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Congrats to School for being named the Most Valuable Oriole!

Is that High School, Elementary School or what? I can't remember which School brother is on our team. :p

Kidding aside, he earned it. Another bright spot in this season for sure.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Is that High School, Elementary School or what? I can't remember which School brother is on our team. :p

Kidding aside, he earned it. Another bright spot in this season for sure.
Dang it, I thought I proofread. :mad:

Shhh. Don't tell Dan and Peter that, they will think our starting rotation is all set!
I hope they don't bank on Ynoa to save the rotation, but it would be cool if he (or someone else) can win the job and be an upgrade.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I blame the Ravens shutting down the old board for the Orioles's losing season. They were 19-10 on May 6th and it just went downhill after that.

I blame the Ravens shutting down the old board for the Orioles's losing season. They were 19-10 on May 6th and it just went downhill after that.
This is what happens when you're legitimately trying to rely on guys like ubaldo Jimenez and Wade Miley. You can only go so far. Hopefully duquette and angelos can realize that for effing once. You have to spend money Pete.

Pats

Veteran
This is what happens when you're legitimately trying to rely on guys like ubaldo Jimenez and Wade Miley. You can only go so far. Hopefully duquette and angelos can realize that for effing once. You have to spend money Pete.
Agreed, if im being fair the whole AL doesnt have many great pitchers atm. Only Sale, severino,carrasco and kluber have done well this season.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Have to be able to draft and develop starters too.

I really think the top guys need to take a hard look at their strategies for the past few years, learn from their mistakes, and make some changes to the way they run and build the team. Probably not as easy in real life, but something needs to change if Angelos wants to win a World Series soon, as he is starting to get old.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Have to be able to draft and develop starters too.

I really think the top guys need to take a hard look at their strategies for the past few years, learn from their mistakes, and make some changes to the way they run and build the team. Probably not as easy in real life, but something needs to change if Angelos wants to win a World Series soon, as he is starting to get old.

Starting? That guy is ancient! And he has sons ready to take over. :(

Tank

Hall of Famer
And being nice is a very good thing. ^_^

So last series of the season. It is really sad how it doesn't mean anything. :(
well, it wouldn't be so sad if they were 8 games on top of the AL East and on the road to the World Series! lol But yeah, I can't watch anymore.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

well, it wouldn't be so sad if they were 8 games on top of the AL East and on the road to the World Series! lol But yeah, I can't watch anymore.

A dream of mine that better come true while I'm still young enough to jump up and down repeatedly in excitement! Sigh.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think it'll be interesting to see what Castro can do as a starter with more preparation.