• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Baltimore Orioles Discussion (2017 Season)

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
While it's unlikely that Tre Mancini wins AL ROY (I think he'd be third in the race right now), Aaron Judge is swinging that door wide open. Since the All Star break, he has just 7 home runs against 58 strikeouts and is hitting .187. He has struck out in a record 37 games.

He's slumping hard and he's taking the Yankees down with him. At this rate, the Yankees may not make the postseason.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Sad to see Britton's save streak ended yesterday, but what an accomplishment. It was nice to see Mr. Miami get the walk off too. Yes, we need to keep that guy. ^_^

And hey, we are only 3 1/2 out of the wild card with 6 teams ahead of us! We can do this! All we need is some quality starters and we've got this. :p:p:p

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
What do you mean by, "find " the money? It's simply a matter of being willing to spend the money.

The Orioles being a small market club I think it could be tough to come up with 300M or so to pay Manny. I have never seen the club's financial statements to really know what their financial situation is.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Yeah, we are ready to make our big move now! :p

It was super sweet watching the Red Sox play like scrubs and watching our starting pitching kick butt for a change.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
O's win again! 1 & 1/2 games back from the Twins in the second wild card spot. It also helped that the Indians beat the Yankees too. That Orioles magic is creeping in at the right time. Let's get hot now and carry it into hopefully a World Series Run.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Complete game shutout for Dylan Bundy!!!

1uymqt.gif

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Winning despite the poor starting pitching is a very good thing.
Okay, I am a sucker here. My hope is high again. Don't let me down O's! Let's go!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Sisco is coming to the majors, along with Pedro Alvarez, Jimmy Yacabonis, and Rickard.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What a comeback last night. There's definitely some Orioles magic in the air. Sucks tonight's game got post poned but it looks our playoff hopes get better by the day!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I would really hope Manny wouldn't leave and the Orioles wouldn't trade Britton. If the Orioles can re-sign Machado and keep Britton, they'll have a dynamite core. Britton, Machado, Bundy, Cisco, Beckham, Schoop, Rickard, Givens, and Mancini.

The Orioles obviously need more pitching depth and better outfielders, but the core is there to be a really good, really young team.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I would really hope Manny wouldn't leave and the Orioles wouldn't trade Britton. If the Orioles can re-sign Machado and keep Britton, they'll have a dynamite core. Britton, Machado, Bundy, Cisco, Beckham, Schoop, Rickard, Givens, and Mancini.

The Orioles obviously need more pitching depth and better outfielders, but the core is there to be a really good, really young team.
And Hays.

Hopefully some of the younger pitchers can also contribute in the future, like Sedlock, Harvey, Akin, Wells, Hall...