• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 2 Discussion (it's still happening)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Prayers to James White who lost his father in a car crash. His mother is in critical condition.

Absolutely sucks to be in his shoes yesterday. May his dad RIP. His mom critical too. It is emotionally devastating to hear such news man! Let him stay strong through all this turmoil.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Las Vegas makes it NFL debut tonight, wonder how long it will take until we get a new city that never had an NFL team before.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This game marks the return of the NFL on ABC, this game can be watched on ESPN or your local ABC channel.

Think when the Ravens play the Raiders in Vegas next year, I'm going to make the trip and go.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Saints defense is STILL the biggest issue of their team. Also... Raiders are going to move to 2-0 if things stay this way in the final 7 minutes.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whoever predicted either the Saints or the Buccaneers to make it out to the SB is going to feel miserable. I seriously doubt these guys are going far in the playoffs if they make it but getting to the SB out of the question in my view. The QBs just look old.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Every year it seems the Saints have defensive issues and they still haven't solved them. Darren Waller had a big game tonight against them, it's no wonder why Drew Brees only has 1 ring.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every year it seems the Saints have defensive issues and they still haven't solved them. Darren Waller had a big game tonight against them, it's no wonder why Drew Brees only has 1 ring.
Unpopular thought, but Winston has to take over.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-go-for-2-for-real/#:~:text=If you're down 8,8 points (if you miss

They address this specifically for late in games. The statistical answer is its really insignificant long term which choice you make, but from a data simulation standpoint, it seems most of the time the best choice is to go for two.
It's better to have the info now than later. So it makes sense to go for two. There is no disadvantage to go for two in this scenario.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is a good article from last week.
1. Its a PFF article that I don't subscribe to anymore, so I can't read the whole thing.
2. I'm not really interested in an article that explains the decline of Brees. I'm interested in somebody objectively listing the things that Winston can do better than Brees. I think the answer would basically be "arm strength" and then nothing else, because I don't see another good QB attribute that Winston has that Brees doesn't.
I don't think the Saints, by any stretch, have the personnel to take advantage of Winston's skill sets, and I certainly don't think that offense fits him any better than the Bucs offense did last season, where he was pretty terrible.