• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The OL and The Tavon

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Great win, comfortable even if it didn't feel that way watching it.

Lots of positives but some worrying negatives despite the win.

Most of all Tavon with the horrible knee injury again and if it's as bad as it looks then that might be his 3rd season in 5 that he misses almost the entire year.

The offensive line is a problem right now in both phases but especially in pass protection. It's not going to be sustainable against better teams for Lamar to be running for his life.

But lots of good things:

Lamar still looks great even when he's quiet. A couple of errant throws and we stalled a few times in the redzone but otherwise this offence moved downfield pretty methodically even without the help of a stalwart offensive line. The Texans were intent on not getting beat over the top so Lamar just moved us down the field.

Judon after a quiet game against the Browns absolutely victimised the texans tackles on the edge even though he didn't get any finishes. Generally the defence didn't finish well but it was a big positive to see the blitzes create major pressure events this week given its relative ineffectiveness vs the Browns.

The run defence was superb.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Offensive line was a complete disgrace ! If you wanna get Lamar hurt , keep playing like that . The offensive play calling stunk too .
Very upset about the offensive line laying a complete egg , MVP Lamar did not deserve this!!!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The OL will start to get better as the season progresses. Especially with the lack of camp this offseason.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Mahomes is going to bully Averrett. We also need to clean this offensive line up in regards to pass protecting. Horrible. I’ll take the W though

Reactions: cdp

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good win, but Tavon just can't stay healthy. Hope we have a better option than Averett for next week because he's going to get picked apart by the Chiefs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What is promising is the way we were able to grind out yards and lean on the defence like we did all last year in the 4th quarter and just suck the life out of the opposing team with the running game and get chunk yardage

running game was not working early on

i will be interested to see the OL on the coaches film through that 4th quarter

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to wonder if Tavon Young could be a cut candidate next year at this point. It only saves 3m but at this point he is simply not playing enough to spend money on.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ricard made some key blocks in the 2nd half.
Ingram's TD run was beautifully schemed. Texans overloaded the strong side, but we overloaded the weak side and ran also ran it to the weak side.
OL looks shaky, but that's exactly what I expected when Yanda retired plus Skura hasn't fully recovered yet (Harlan mentioned it during the broadcast)
Averett looks lost out there, now it's up to Wink to scheme safety help over the top.
Wink's play call when the Texans went for it was perfect. Elliott blitzed so it limited Watson's throwing angle & forced a quicker release and Queens covered the TE.
I think OL is still our #1 concern

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pass protection was weak today. I also think it’s crazy to keep running Lamar when we are up in the 4th quarter against a bad team, this team is super bowl or bust, so let’s keep everyone healthy especially the MVP.

I think it’s clear despite the analytics burning us against the Titans we ain’t shying away from being uber aggressive

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we think we are going to beat teams like the Titans with the offensive line today we are sadly mistaken .

if Flacco was QB we would have definitely lost this game like 21-20 .

A complete F for the offensive line .