• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The OL and The Tavon

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we think we are going to beat teams like the Titans with the offensive line today we are sadly mistaken .

if Flacco was QB we would have definitely lost this game like 21-20 .

A complete F for the offensive line .

yeah... Chris Jones and Frank Clark is going to feast next week.

Simba

Staff Member
i honestly think people are overreacting about averett - the penalties on that one drive were not great and he got beat on an insane throw - but otherwise didnt give up much

he was identified as a weak link by the texans and targeted and he mostly didnt give up much at all

Agreed with this. If you're telling me my options are throwing at one of Humphrey, Peters, Smith, or Averett, I'm throwing Averett's direction nearly every opportunity I can. I don't think he's anything special but we should know it could be A LOT worse. How quickly we forget that Shareece Wright and Jerraud Powers played significant snaps for us.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed with this. If you're telling me my options are throwing at one of Humphrey, Peters, Smith, or Averett, I'm throwing Averett's direction nearly every opportunity I can. I don't think he's anything special but we should know it could be A LOT worse. How quickly we forget that Shareece Wright and Jerraud Powers played significant snaps for us.
Do you remember Gorrer, Davis, Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

and anthony levine at outside corner

Simba

Staff Member
Do you remember Gorrer, Davis, Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson?

Of course lol. Which really speaks to Averett. At least he's in the vicinity of the play. Guys like the above were off camera from being burned so bad every time they allowed a catch.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not a single target to Fuller. So whilst they were picking on our weakest DB we kept the play from their best playmaker.
i speculated somewhere in the second half that wink was ok with nickel and diming to cooks and cobb and he just wasnt gonna let watson and fuller beat them

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
shareece wright man... holy shit that was ugly. remember when he had a REALLY good stretch for us and then he fell off so badly and so suddenly

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i speculated somewhere in the second half that wink was ok with nickel and diming to cooks and cobb and he just wasnt gonna let watson and fuller beat them

which tbf is a fine gameplan - we got beat by cooks for the big one while we were still adjusting to the tavon loss but after that adjusted pretty well

it was interesting seeing marlon matching up in man against Darren Fells at one point

Simba

Staff Member
shareece wright man... holy shit that was ugly. remember when he had a REALLY good stretch for us and then he fell off so badly and so suddenly

I was on record thinking he was a "must" re-sign after that strong stretch but then for some reason they believed he could be left on an island and it was all over for him. Roll him safety help and let him work the boundary and he was actually pretty decent.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Good: Lamar (minus a couple of throws), second half running game, run defense, Melanie Collins

Bad: Not finishing up pressures at times

VERY bad: Tavon's injury, interior o-line