• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Despite all the hype out there about this game, it's MNF and the Ravens are a special team led by a special QB. In my honest opinion this game may not end up being the closely contested game that all are imagining. This could turn out to be a typical Ravens team snuffing the life out of the Chiefs and suffocating them with the run game and precision passing by Lamar. I think our D is going to make life very difficult for Mahomes or so I hope. The two times they beat the Ravens were really close games with one being one on a flier (literally). We didn't have the secondary we have now nor the D-line we have now and I think the D is far superior to what we had then. Also, there is no crowd noise to deal with. So that's a wash.

My expectation for this game is the Ravens win by a margin the Chiefs aren't used to losing by. By Tuesday morning, all the haters/naysayers of Lamar will either be making excuses for Mahomes or begrudgingly praising Lamar a bit but giving all the credit to our Ravens defense. Just the way this next week is going to play out. I can't wait to hear these pundits figuring out creative ways to undermine Lamar's greatness. Just wait and see.
im not too hyped up about this game. We are gonna have to see them again once playoffs come, thats when ill be excited. This game is just gonna have the winner as the #1 ranked team for the rest of the season lol

Reactions: cdp

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Despite all the hype out there about this game, it's MNF and the Ravens are a special team led by a special QB. In my honest opinion this game may not end up being the closely contested game that all are imagining. This could turn out to be a typical Ravens team snuffing the life out of the Chiefs and suffocating them with the run game and precision passing by Lamar. I think our D is going to make life very difficult for Mahomes or so I hope. The two times they beat the Ravens were really close games with one being one on a flier (literally). We didn't have the secondary we have now nor the D-line we have now and I think the D is far superior to what we had then. Also, there is no crowd noise to deal with. So that's a wash.

My expectation for this game is the Ravens win by a margin the Chiefs aren't used to losing by. By Tuesday morning, all the haters/naysayers of Lamar will either be making excuses for Mahomes or begrudgingly praising Lamar a bit but giving all the credit to our Ravens defense. Just the way this next week is going to play out. I can't wait to hear these pundits figuring out creative ways to undermine Lamar's greatness. Just wait and see.
If our pass protection for Lamar is the same as it was in the Texans game, I don't see how we win this one. I'm hopeful there has been plenty of adjustments made this week in camp.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If our pass protection for Lamar is the same as it was in the Texans game, I don't see how we win this one. I'm hopeful there has been plenty of adjustments made this week in camp.
the texans and browns fronts are substantially better than the chiefs.

the steelers and bills defenses are the ones that scare the shit outta me, i think we roll over any other defense in the league.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the texans and browns fronts are substantially better than the chiefs.

the steelers and bills defenses are the ones that scare the shit outta me, i think we roll over any other defense in the league.

chiefs starting 2 CBs on the outside who were rookies in 2019 and 2020
obviously they've got Mathieu, Thornhill and Sorensen too but there's players there who can be attacked

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
chiefs starting 2 CBs on the outside who were rookies in 2019 and 2020
obviously they've got Mathieu, Thornhill and Sorensen too but there's players there who can be attacked
the chiefs entire defense seems to ride on 3 players, mathieu, ford, and jones, the rest are just along for the ride with thornhill and sorensen being respectable, although thornhill could become a special player i wouldnt say hes there yet. this chiefs defense took a big step up last year but it looks like its regressed back to its 2018 form somehow

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im not too hyped up about this game. We are gonna have to see them again once playoffs come, thats when ill be excited. This game is just gonna have the winner as the #1 ranked team for the rest of the season lol
things will be different in the playoffs anyways. It's a long season, so I get your point. It doesn't stop me from being hyped up for the game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the chiefs entire defense seems to ride on 3 players, mathieu, ford, and jones, the rest are just along for the ride with thornhill and sorensen being respectable, although thornhill could become a special player i wouldnt say hes there yet. this chiefs defense took a big step up last year but it looks like its regressed back to its 2018 form somehow

assuming you meant frank clark instead of ford...

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So I'll be first to admit this game scares me, but I rewatched last years game and idk its just kinda crazy to me. Lamar was not the lamar he us today, not to say that he was bad, but he's just really improved. The defense is kinda hilarious when you see who was out there. Tim Williams, Peanut, Jefferson like jeez. And on top of all that he got a decent amount of pressure and moved the ball especially in the second half. There was just a lot of things like penalties, unlucky bounces, some kinda stupid coaching decisions etc. I feel honestly we did a good job of beating ourselves that game. This year Lamar is better and the defense is better. I'm in no way predicting a blow out, but I think we pull out the win. 31-24 Ravens

Simba

Staff Member

Jeff was still saying Dorsey as of this morning, but this "report" came out after his latest Dorsey plug. Sounds like Richards will get the 53 spot regardless, so wonder if they might rotate Bonds and Dorsey in the elevation spot for 4 weeks unless a 53 man spot opens up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jeff was still saying Dorsey as of this morning, but this "report" came out after his latest Dorsey plug. Sounds like Richards will get the 53 spot regardless, so wonder if they might rotate Bonds and Dorsey in the elevation spot for 4 weeks unless a 53 man spot opens up.

that's certainly possible - means we get 4 more weeks without any of them going through waivers not that that's particularly important in the grand scheme of things unless one of these guys gets snaps and then plays particularly well in them

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If madubuike plays, then that’s a sign that harbaugh is really high on him, we have a worthwhile rotation with the three starters and Ward/Ellis/Washington and even some of ferguson as the extras, I feel like he’s probably shown a lot if he manages to get on the field, otherwise he would be inactive another week to play it safe, because it hasn’t sounded like he’s fully ready but maybe harbaugh feels we need him for this game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If madubuike plays, then that’s a sign that harbaugh is really high on him, we have a worthwhile rotation with the three starters and Ward/Ellis/Washington and even some of ferguson as the extras, I feel like he’s probably shown a lot if he manages to get on the field, otherwise he would be inactive another week to play it safe, because it hasn’t sounded like he’s fully ready but maybe harbaugh feels we need him for this game

just the possibility has me excited

Simba

Staff Member

I think it makes sense for Madubuike on Monday if he's good to go. Broderick Washington was a nice little player in week 1, but he played only 3 snaps against Houston. Clearly, he has more of a role against teams that are going to run the ball. CEH is a threat, but I'd think they'd want the extra interior pass rush juice over a run stopper against the most dangerous passer in today's game. If Madubuike doesn't play... that's a sign that he isn't physically ready enough after being limited in practice all week.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I hate Monday games. Too long since the previous game.

Yes but since it's early on in the year, it does give us a stress free Sunday. I'm already expecting the Steelers to beat Houston so I'm going to stress myself out over that and be mad Pittsburgh won. Last season taught us that as long we keep handling our business, everything else will work itself out. If we can get to 3-0, we would be 3-0 in the conference with what will most likely be the tiebreaker to determine the number one seed.

My prediction: This game will be a shootout, and after all the talk about Harrison Butker, from Romo to the people on ESPN last week, Justin Tucker will remind the world why he is the most accurate Kicker in NFL History. Lamar drives us down the field and Tucker kicks the game winner.

Chiefs 31
Ravens 34