• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
we went black on white for the pats game on SNF
we went black on black for the jets game on TNF
we went black on black for the 49ers game
thats what im saying, random. the year before it was the bengals game. i dont understand why they choose the weeks they choose. also, i may be the only one, but i wanna see the black jersey purple pants come back, i thought that combo actually looked tough

Simba

Staff Member
Zrebiec keeps alluding to Khalil Dorsey being the one he expects to be moved up from the PS. Interesting that the small school UDFA would be above Bonds after a year in the system, but hopefully that means Dorsey is a guy they believe in.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Zrebiec keeps alluding to Khalil Dorsey being the one he expects to be moved up from the PS. Interesting that the small school UDFA would be above Bonds after a year in the system, but hopefully that means Dorsey is a guy they believe in.

the biggest reason might be that he's a better fit in the slot - he's 5'9 with some track speed in his background

alternatively he's just the better special teamer which means he gets to be active which is useful given that all 4 of our CBs are likely going to be playing large snap numbers

but he's what you want in a small school prospect coming into an NFL team: absolutely dominant at that small school level

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Hmmm wow that interesting. The game isn't until Monday but I kind of thought The Ravens would be interested in signing a veteran corner or safety which would probably give them more flexibility/ depth in their secondary but they know more what's best for the team than I do.

Simba

Staff Member
the biggest reason might be that he's a better fit in the slot - he's 5'9 with some track speed in his background

alternatively he's just the better special teamer which means he gets to be active which is useful given that all 4 of our CBs are likely going to be playing large snap numbers

but he's what you want in a small school prospect coming into an NFL team: absolutely dominant at that small school level

Yeah it's just a big jump up, especially with a shortened offseason, which is why I would have expected Bonds. But ultimately it won't really matter. Happy for the kid if he made that good of an impression that he gets the call.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had this thought that the defense should be focusing on stopping the pass and make them run the ball. I know they drafted CEH, but passing is still their forte. Each handoff should be considered as a w.
The last time we tried too much and did stuff we weren't comfortable in. Iirc Hill was also injured. We should try to avoid a shootout and do the opposite.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope we rock the all-black uni's on Monday night.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Great news - Harbs said on Monday this was the week they were targeting for these guys to start practicing again

He also said on Monday that if Moore was good to go that he would likely come in straight away on special teams
He said that as a rookie, they'd have to see how Madubuike did this week in practice to see if he would be ready to go in the game for MNF

If Madubuike practices every day then I think he has a chance, if he misses any time this week then I think he's likely not in until week 4 but Moore for sure should be ready to go

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Great news - Harbs said on Monday this was the week they were targeting for these guys to start practicing again

He also said on Monday that if Moore was good to go that he would likely come in straight away on special teams
He said that as a rookie, they'd have to see how Madubuike did this week in practice to see if he would be ready to go in the game for MNF

If Madubuike practices every day then I think he has a chance, if he misses any time this week then I think he's likely not in until week 4 but Moore for sure should be ready to go

It would be great to have Madubuike this week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i just dont know that after 3 and a half weeks out with a leg injury that his conditioning will be there by Monday but i hope im wrong
I agree, I doubt he will be able to play, but it would be great if he is conditioned well enough to get in on the rotation.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Despite all the hype out there about this game, it's MNF and the Ravens are a special team led by a special QB. In my honest opinion this game may not end up being the closely contested game that all are imagining. This could turn out to be a typical Ravens team snuffing the life out of the Chiefs and suffocating them with the run game and precision passing by Lamar. I think our D is going to make life very difficult for Mahomes or so I hope. The two times they beat the Ravens were really close games with one being one on a flier (literally). We didn't have the secondary we have now nor the D-line we have now and I think the D is far superior to what we had then. Also, there is no crowd noise to deal with. So that's a wash.

My expectation for this game is the Ravens win by a margin the Chiefs aren't used to losing by. By Tuesday morning, all the haters/naysayers of Lamar will either be making excuses for Mahomes or begrudgingly praising Lamar a bit but giving all the credit to our Ravens defense. Just the way this next week is going to play out. I can't wait to hear these pundits figuring out creative ways to undermine Lamar's greatness. Just wait and see.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Despite all the hype out there about this game, it's MNF and the Ravens are a special team led by a special QB. In my honest opinion this game may not end up being the closely contested game that all are imagining. This could turn out to be a typical Ravens team snuffing the life out of the Chiefs and suffocating them with the run game and precision passing by Lamar. I think our D is going to make life very difficult for Mahomes or so I hope. The two times they beat the Ravens were really close games with one being one on a flier (literally). We didn't have the secondary we have now nor the D-line we have now and I think the D is far superior to what we had then. Also, there is no crowd noise to deal with. So that's a wash.

My expectation for this game is the Ravens win by a margin the Chiefs aren't used to losing by. By Tuesday morning, all the haters/naysayers of Lamar will either be making excuses for Mahomes or begrudgingly praising Lamar a bit but giving all the credit to our Ravens defense. Just the way this next week is going to play out. I can't wait to hear these pundits figuring out creative ways to undermine Lamar's greatness. Just wait and see.
You've been right plenty of times before. Seems like a long shot, but I'm hoping your prognostication is right again

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
It would be great to have Madubuike this week.

Unleash the Rooks!

A part of me thinks and hope we didn't use Dobbins as much in week 2 is because we want to unleash him vs the chiefs.

Dobbins, screens to duvernay, sacks for J-Mad. LFG!