• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Washington

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At least it's a slightly shorter week than usual until we get to play again.
But we're onto Washington and they're great DL.

Let's get healthy and come out punching and beatdown on these guys.

Lack of pass rush is really a problem. Hopefully we see some progress on the Madubuike front because that could hopefully give us some sort of boost in that area.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
And I really want to kick WFT's butt. I know a lot of their fans on an Orioles site who are always crapping on Lamar. It'd be extra sweet to blow them out.

This should be a palate cleanser. Just what the doctor ordered for all the ailments. Except O-line. LJ is gonna face a lot of pressure against Washington's D-line.

I just realized that both Baltimore and Washington lost their last games 34-20.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Now maybe it's because I witnessed this team win a Super Bowl (sorry folks, talking about the second one as I didn't get into football until 2010) and getting older, but I seriously felt no anxiety or nervousness prior to the game. I dunno...maybe because I already conceited we'd lose against them. Whatever.

No restating WHY we lost this game, but I'll say this much. I don't get this notion that we constantly play like shit in prime time. We did just fine against the Pats on SNF, Rams on MNF, and the NY Ravens (at least our offense did) on TNF. Heck, we went on a GW drive to kick the GW FG against the Niners who had the best record in the NFC.

Now granted, we had a few clunkers on primetime but you get my point. I have two positives after this game:
1. We only allowed 7 points in the 2nd half albeit an unclutch performance.
2. No season-ending injuries.

Early loss. Whatever. 2-1. Time to bounce back. Not TOO mad, but we must be better all around.
Which leads me to this game. I STG we better not shit the bad like we did in week 4 last season. Not only do we need to win this game just to show we're still contenders, but we need to do this for our dear, dear Ravens fam @RavensMania . I am so tired of losing to this team.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m thinking Kyle Allen gets the call. Also, I hope Chase is out, though I honestly don’t know the severity of his injury. Let Lamar cook and throw a handful of touchdowns and feed Gus and Dobbins.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We’re not losing to a team without a damn name

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Run the fucking ball

I don’t care if we’re down by 3, 6, 7, or fucking 17. Run the fucking ball, and by that, I mean force feed Gus Edwards and make jk dobbins the most well fed RB2 in the league.

Start using duvernay.

Stop trying with Boykin, he can get targets when he earns them, at no point has he looked good outside of practice.

this is a good game to try to get some shit going and replace the shit that’s not working, replace all Ingram plays with dobbins plays and get rid of boykins plays and begin drawing it up for duvernay.

It's really hard to get excited for this game right now. If we lose, we're a disaster, and if we win, we're still just that team that beats up on bad opponents.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which leads me to this game. I STG we better not shit the bad like we did in week 4 last season. Not only do we need to win this game just to show we're still contenders, but we need to do this for our dear, dear Ravens fam @RavensMania . I am so tired of losing to this team.

Without a doubt, we will pummel the Skins or whatever they are called.

It's really hard to get excited for this game right now. If we lose, we're a disaster, and if we win, we're still just that team that beats up on bad opponents.
Bad teams like the Steelers Bills Patriots Texans Niners and Seahawks last year?
There's criticism for Lamars postseason record and the chiefs are obviously a problem, but what in the world would lead anyone to say that Baltimore can't beat good teams? Anyone saying that who is not a Chiefs fan probably has no room to talk since it's likely that Baltimore has soundly beaten their squad.

You can only play the teams on the schedule and it's Washingtons turn to get slapped now.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

No, this cat isn't in here quoting himself? Wow! :rolleyes: :cool: :lol:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Gus is criminally underrated.

By who exactly? Lol. We recognize him as the stud he is. Is he our premier RB tho? I don't think so as I think Mr. Dobbins will eventually be that guy. Though I will say that Gus was fantastic in that role in 2018. He'd definitely be a starter for some teams.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
By who exactly? Lol. We recognize him as the stud he is. Is he our premier RB tho? I don't think so as I think Mr. Dobbins will eventually be that guy. Though I will say that Gus was fantastic in that role in 2018. He'd definitely be a starter for some teams.
Most of you say start Dobbins. I know what i'm about to say is radical (and overreaction?) but Edwards and Dobbins should get more carries (way more) instead of Ingram. There are only 3 rbs with a higher average, so naturally thats something you want to take advantage of.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
FEED GUS for the love of god please run the ball why did we stop running it after the first drive last night WE NEED TO RUN THE BALL