• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Washington

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
the reason I’d have run it on 1st and 20 is because the running game was going at 10 yards a clip at that point in the game and on the tripping call to put us behind the chain we’d just picked up a small chunk
I mean OK, but I think we're discussing immaterial concepts at this point. Nobody has yet come close to making a compelling argument about how somehow running the ball on first and 20 will all of the sudden dramatically change the course of the game. You're going to need 2-3 consecutive chunk runs in that instance, and that still puts you like 50 yards away from scoring.

The point is that a) a significant penalty can derail a drive, and it did in this instance and b) there's maybe one drive in the entire game (not the one we're discussing) where you could argue our play calling from a run/pass ratio didn't make sense.

After that, based on the lack of both offensive and defensive output, the scoreboard pretty much dictated terms at that point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean OK, but I think we're discussing immaterial concepts at this point. Nobody has yet come close to making a compelling argument about how somehow running the ball on first and 20 will all of the sudden dramatically change the course of the game. You're going to need 2-3 consecutive chunk runs in that instance, and that still puts you like 50 yards away from scoring.

The point is that a) a significant penalty can derail a drive, and it did in this instance and b) there's maybe one drive in the entire game (not the one we're discussing) where you could argue our play calling from a run/pass ratio didn't make sense.

After that, based on the lack of both offensive and defensive output, the scoreboard pretty much dictated terms at that point.

i think the answer is that people are fixating on that one moment (as early in the game as it was) as the capitulation point and therefore see those play choices as important regarding momentum etc.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't see Harbaugh and Co being out coached in this game like they were against the Chiefs. What an embarrassing performance
they put on vs the Chiefs coaching staff.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just win baby!

Simba

Staff Member
No one but he didnt practice on a Thursday. Not good.

It's also a short week, so I wouldn't be too concerned unless he doesn't practice again tomorrow. Not really an off day this week to recover so it's not too out of the ordinary that a guy with some bumps and bruises would get one.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean, we kind of did lol. That bum isn’t even worth half of the tag. We could’ve had one of the three big names but missed out on all of them because of his ass

and yea, Clowney isn’t a sack guy himself unless you scheme him which we would do, but at least he sets the tone in the run game. I remember him tossing Boyle out the way in Seattle like Boyle was 100 pounds. You HAVE to game plan for Clowney. I keep going back to this, but Judon couldn’t get past Austin MF Hooper.

Its time to get on the Von Miller hype train!!!