• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Queen, The Misses and The Clunky

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bounce back week.

Lots of stuff to work on. No signature game yet for this team but well ground out win.

Running game is a problem - the texans 4th quarter and the 4th quarter this week against washington have massaged our running totals but through the vast majority of this season, the running game has not been working efficiently outside of the occasional Lamar chunk play.

Queen was everywhere. Good sign of things to come

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So if i notice, every team we face should notice that we struggle with screens correct? We gotta fix this shit.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm wondering why Harrison didn't get much playing time, even when Queen went out.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bounce back week.

Lots of stuff to work on. No signature game yet for this team but well ground out win.

Running game is a problem - the texans 4th quarter and the 4th quarter this week against washington have massaged our running totals but through the vast majority of this season, the running game has not been working efficiently outside of the occasional Lamar chunk play.

Queen was everywhere. Good sign of things to come
Re Queen. There's a lot to like, but he's still looks lost in coverage. However this is kind of expected as a rookie with very limited experience. He's going to get better with every game.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Good to see Lamar shake off the funk he was in last week. I think it's time to give duvernay a chance, Boykin just isn't developing a connection with Lamar. Run game needs to get going, I don't know why we can't get any big runs until the 4th. Defense played well but could have been better I felt. Overall good win and on to the bengals

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Without a decent run game , we aren’t going anywhere and right now it’s garbage . And it’s hurting our passing game .

Boykin gotta sit . Let’s see Duvernay and Proche .

Teams can run well on the Ravens redesigned defensive line .

Not impressed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
how consistency in the run game is obviously off, but I'm wondering if the lack of OTAs and preseason has something to do with it. Some of the play calling has been atrocious and feel we have been rotating our rbs too much. Atleast one of them needs to get into a rhythm.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m starting to think Queen has a legit chance at winning RDPOY

Simba

Staff Member
Another not so great game but it was an inferior opponent, so the mistakes were okay. As long as we get better each week, I'm okay with that. Don't really care how we get the Ws... just get the Ws.

Lamar was a little off on throwing the ball. Put a few of those in a better position and we probably don't have too many negatives today. Still seems to be a disconnect between Lamar and Boykin, but Boykin is out there busting his ass on running downs so it's hard to take him off the field. Duvernay still needs to be more involved.

Running game wasn't too bad but still didn't look like 2019. Felt like Brown and Fluker held up reasonably well. Bozeman honestly might be our best OL so far this season.

DL definitely missed Wolfe at times. Saw Washington get pushed around quite a bit today. Secondary has a few minor gaffes but nothing major. Queen had his best game by far and we should be excited to see him continue to progress. Pass rush did it's job today and Judon finally showed up.

Biggest issue on D was getting gashed by the screens. Seems the recognition is just a hair too late. Hopefully some film study can help to correct that because we've been beat by the RB in the passing game two games in a row now.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar has had a problem with pushing the ball deep instead of giving his guys a chance, he’s not putting air under his deep balls and the receivers are consistently a step or 2 short, with a receiver like Hollywood you gotta give him a ball to field, he can’t do it if the ball is getting to the spot too quickly

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Without a decent run game , we aren’t going anywhere and right now it’s garbage . And it’s hurting our passing game .

Boykin gotta sit . Let’s see Duvernay and Proche .

Teams can run well on the Ravens redesigned defensive line .

Not impressed .

I'm not really sure if Boykin is the problem. I mean he did bump into Willie Snead in last game against The Chiefs but he also was open quite few times on some plays that could have net The Ravens a first down or a big play but Lamar Jackson never looked his way. I think it's obvious that Lamar Jackson just needs to develop better chemistry with Boykins and with how short training camp was this year along with no preseason it makes sense for them to have some growing pains.

Greg Roman probably also has to dial up more plays to get Boykins more involved as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm not really sure if Boykin is the problem. I mean he did bump into Willie Snead in last game against The Chiefs but he also was open quite few times on some plays that could have net The Ravens a first down or a big play but Lamar Jackson never looked his way. I think it's obvious that Lamar Jackson just needs to develop better chemistry with Boykins and with how short training camp was this year along with no preseason it makes sense for them to have some growing pains.

Greg Roman probably also has to dial up more plays to get Boykins more involved as well.
It’s risky to dial up plays to Boykin because the things he is struggling with, can cause some disastrous results. Slow out of breaks and out of position on balls that are already being thrown is a very dangerous thing, that can lead to a pick 6.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
It’s risky to dial up plays to Boykin because the things he is struggling with, can cause some disastrous results. Slow out of breaks and out of position on balls that are already being thrown is a very dangerous thing, that can lead to a pick 6.

How often has that been the case with him though? I don't think the game against The Redskins should be a true indicator on his ability to run routes because honestly it isn't clear if that was really LJ fault or Boykins fault. I'm at all saying Boykins has been perfect but I don't think he has been looking like Breshad Perriman or Tandon Doss either. Just looks like it's possible that him and LJ just need to develop more chemistry together.