• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Passing Game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Defence was the best it's been all year and was unfortunate not to get the first shutout since the Titans game in 2018.

Blitzes were great. Every single member of the starting secondary had a sack which is basically unheard of.
Nice debut for Madubuike, Wolfe and Williams were good, Calais looked awesome, Bowser had a nice game, as did Judon (except those 2 offsides), Queen looked great, Marlon looked great, Peters looked great, Deshon and Chuck were lethal yet again.

The offence is a problem:
Lamar might have had his worst game as a Raven.
The running game is not working at all and for some reason the coaching staff refuses to run Dobbins despite him getting chunks on his carries. Ingram looks slow, the OL is not making holes and Lamar's not winning the edge.
The passing game has looked even less in sync. Timing's off, Lamar's accuracy and reads have looked bad and I don't know what's going on with the playcalling either.

This is a real problem if we don't get it sorted.

Duvernay been a bright spot in limited opportunities

But I can't over-emphasise just how good the defence looked today.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon Humphrey man....Fruit punch needs to be his trademark at this point. Idk how he does it every single week

Offensive coaching staff and Lamar need to figure this shit out. Period. Good thing is that we have time to do so

Bengals offensive line is the worst unit in the league

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
It's concerning that the offense hasn't gotten it together yet.

I was really excited about Dobbins this off season, and I'm disappointed he hasn't gotten more carries.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Good analysis! What a dichotomy. Defense gets an A+ the offense like a C-. Not at all what we'd want.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar looked like garbage in the 2nd half . The offensive play calling was garbage.
Defense played great .

the offense better get it together , cause we play the Steelers will kick our asses if we play like this

teams are shadowing Lamar and no designed running plays for Lamar today??

not impressed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What I don't get is how we're up by 20 points and yet somehow Lamar threw it 37 times for 19 completions and only 180 yards... and it felt like he should have thrown 5 picks in stead of just the 1

The running game wasnt working but 37 passes when we're dominating doesn't feel like a recipe for success

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lamar looked horrible today, but man the playcalling was worse, this has gotten completely out of hand.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
lamar looked horrible today, but man the playcalling was worse, this has gotten completely out of hand.
Another thing is Harbaugh is back to his personnel biased bullshit(ingram). Give Dobbins more snaps and stop substituting so fucking much...it throws off any rhythm were able to get

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's playing bad but it's like something about the playcalling or the scheme or the protection has just broken him
Coaching staff is failing him rn.

I'm gonna keep saying this. I think we are getting way too cute on offense with all these substitutions. Lamar cant get used to the offense since it changes almost every single play

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Why does this not feel like a win. Offensively something is so off the play calling is bad and Lamar just looks off idk man. Joe Flacco looked more mobile than Lamar today

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's playing bad but it's like something about the playcalling or the scheme or the protection has just broken him
yeah kinda, like he hasnt gotten in rhythm at any point this year, the play designs look really poor in the passing game, and the teams philosophy has been to just air it the hell out and force feed the worst back on the team on the rare occasion we do run it. maybe the analytics have gone too far, because the analytics from last year suggested that lamar was at his best out of the spread and now were running a lot of spread.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why does this not feel like a win. Offensively something is so off the play calling is bad and Lamar just looks off idk man. Joe Flacco looked more mobile than Lamar today
I think today Lamar went out of his way to not run and try to build Chemistry in the passing game....hes forcing things and overthinking it.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Offense is extremely concerning. We’ll be 1 and done in the playoffs yet again if Lamar and Roman keep this up. For the love of god, feed Gus and Dobbins. I just do not understand why Mark keeps getting the bulk of the carries.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’ll chalk up Lamar’s shakiness to his knee. Hopefully he’ll be fine this week.