• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Passing Game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Skura gets worked. Not sure Lamar notices though. Does seem like he's ready to go to 89 from the snap

coming back to this play as i just got to it again on the all-22 - and while the ball had to come out super quick, the sharpness of this break from proche is a really promising sign - also the way he sells the route at the top of his stem too - just really exciting sign with regards to him as a route runner

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
been watching madubuike (obviously) and while he caught my eye, brandon williams might have had his best game in years as a raven (not that he's been bad) - but he looked athletic, violent, dominant against the Bengals - just looked more threatening than I can remember for a while

he also played a lot more on 3rd down than I was expecting (possibly because Madubuike took lots of DT snaps on 1st and 2nd down - sometimes they played together at the same time but mostly not - Madubuike I dont think saw a single 3rd down against the Bengals)

Mad had 1 D3 snap (Q4, 03:39). Williams had 3 (all 3rd&1).

Did you notice if Mad was poor getting off at the snap? I haven't watched all of his snaps, but I caught it a handful of times when I was watching in slow-mo for other stuff.

Regarding the front 7, I'm going to hold off on believing they fixed their problems just yet. They did what they should against a bad OL. I hope they've fixed their issues, but I remain unconvinced.

coming back to this play as i just got to it again on the all-22 - and while the ball had to come out super quick, the sharpness of this break from proche is a really promising sign - also the way he sells the route at the top of his stem too - just really exciting sign with regards to him as a route runner

I was surprised to see that they were getting him snaps if not targets. He got 3 on their second drive, and 2 on their fourth drive. I expected them to get Duvernay more involved, but it's nice to see Proche getting similar treatment.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Mad had 1 D3 snap (Q4, 03:39). Williams had 3 (all 3rd&1).

Did you notice if Mad was poor getting off at the snap? I haven't watched all of his snaps, but I caught it a handful of times when I was watching in slow-mo for other stuff.

Regarding the front 7, I'm going to hold off on believing they fixed their problems just yet. They did what they should against a bad OL. I hope they've fixed their issues, but I remain unconvinced.

I was surprised to see that they were getting him snaps if not targets. He got 3 on their second drive, and 2 on their fourth drive. I expected them to get Duvernay more involved, but it's nice to see Proche getting similar treatment.

with madubuike i noticed it a couple of times on the first drive and then maybe 1 or 2 other times at most the rest of the game - only 1 where he looked really late (and one where he looked later than he actually was just because of how quick brandon williams was off the snap right next to him that play - Q4 4:00) - i think that's a first game thing - probably some nerves early on keeping him in his stance a fraction longer than he wanted - got some examples of him being the first raven off the ball later in the game too - from the 10 plays i clipped he's probably slow off the snap once and then a little more sluggish than you'd expect one other time

i agree with you on the front 7 that it could be a product of weak OLs but watching the a-22 it was notable just how dominant every single player seemed to be and how well-disciplined everyone was too - im not going to stand here and say it's all fixed having played washington and the bengals but its a good sign...

proche being involved even this much this early in the season is a real surprise but definitely a pleasant one - and if he keeps running routes the way he did in his limited involvement then he's going to find himself earning more snaps as the season progresses