• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Passing Game

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah kinda, like he hasnt gotten in rhythm at any point this year, the play designs look really poor in the passing game, and the teams philosophy has been to just air it the hell out and force feed the worst back on the team on the rare occasion we do run it. maybe the analytics have gone too far, because the analytics from last year suggested that lamar was at his best out of the spread and now were running a lot of spread.
How can you get into a rhythm or develop any kind of chemistry when we are subbing players on what seems like every single play.....hell we were even doing it at RG today.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Offense is extremely concerning. We’ll be 1 and done in the playoffs yet again if Lamar and Roman keep this up. For the love of god, feed Gus and Dobbins. I just do not understand why Mark keeps getting the bulk of the carries.
Its a he Harbaugh bias...hate to say it. But hes known to play players more based off experience over talent. And Ingram is a prime example

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yeah kinda, like he hasnt gotten in rhythm at any point this year, the play designs look really poor in the passing game, and the teams philosophy has been to just air it the hell out and force feed the worst back on the team on the rare occasion we do run it. maybe the analytics have gone too far, because the analytics from last year suggested that lamar was at his best out of the spread and now were running a lot of spread.

but we're not really running a ton of spread or empty until we get behind the chains - we're passing a lot with play-action early and it's not working for some reason

also noticing a ton of bootlegs with no actual fake to the RB (like lamar turned the wrong way or the RB ran to the wrong side or something)

it feels like every time we run a boot lamar's running for his life as soon as he turns around

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How can you get into a rhythm or develop any kind of chemistry when we are subbing players on what seems like every single play.....hell we were even doing it at RG today.

i dont think that's necessarily a good reason - we did that a whole bunch last year too - only the RG substitution would be odd but that's every couple of drives

substitutions really have nothing to do with that rhythm i dont think

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Roman's 4th down play selection is also very concerning . I don't know what made Lamar rush his throw on that play

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont think that's necessarily a good reason - we did that a whole bunch last year too - only the RG substitution would be odd but that's every couple of drives

substitutions really have nothing to do with that rhythm i dont think
I feel like it has some effect on the run game at least. But ya the most worrisome part is that I feel Lamar has regressed on his mechanics. Hes doing some of the same things he did in college like throwing off a bad foundation...and it's making him miss throws. He needs to focus and hone in on his mechanics more like he did last year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why does this not feel like a win. Offensively something is so off the play calling is bad and Lamar just looks off idk man. Joe Flacco looked more mobile than Lamar today
exactly what I said. Up 27-0 and it didn't feel like we were winning.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I wanna slap the shit out of both Lamar for his decision making and G-Ro for his playcalling. Look, why aren't you running the ball more often? Sure, your running game is only getting 3 yards, but I'll take it. Less pressure off Lamar with his questionable knee. It'll put us in 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 5. Manageable.

Defensively, that was a damn near immaculate performance against an offense that put up 500+ yds the week prior. Essentially, we bitch-slapped them and forced them to like it. Both Humph and Queen deserve the game ball.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I wanna slap the shit out of both Lamar for his decision making and G-Ro for his playcalling. Look, why aren't you running the ball more often? Sure, your running game is only getting 3 yards, but I'll take it. Less pressure off Lamar with his questionable knee. It'll put us in 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 5. Manageable.

Defensively, that was a damn near immaculate performance against an offense that put up 500+ yds the week prior. Essentially, we [profanity deleted]-slapped them and forced them to like it. Both Humph and Queen deserve the game ball.
Mods, seriously? Can we do away without censoring? Or, if we're gonna censor, can we censor the following people:

-M**c T******n
-B***y C****ff
-L** E***s
-M***y

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn't get a chance to watch all of the game, but was wondering how Mad... did today