• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Passing Game

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seriously! Every time he puts his hand in the ground to save himself from going down I have RR27 flashbacks.

If this kid is ANYTHING like that? Look out.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ray Rice thinks he is slick getting reconstructive face surgery
Ray rice was never, I repeat, NEVER, as explosive as dobbins, look at dobbins big run vs houston when he was drifting out and then took that upfield cut, you thought he was running full speed and then suddenly he shot out of a fucking cannon and covered 6 yards in the blink of an eye and split 2 defenders that had him dead to rights.

Ray rice was an extremely good back, but I think dobbins looks *special*, like Saquon Barkley, Christian mcaffrey special.

dobbins looks like Darren sproles if he was a 3 down back who could power through tacklers.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ray rice was never, I repeat, NEVER, as explosive as dobbins, look at dobbins big run vs houston when he was drifting out and then took that upfield cut, you thought he was running full speed and then suddenly he shot out of a fucking cannon and covered 6 yards in the blink of an eye and split 2 defenders that had him dead to rights.

Ray rice was an extremely good back, but I think dobbins looks *special*, like Saquon Barkley, Christian mcaffrey special.

dobbins looks like Darren sproles if he was a 3 down back who could power through tacklers.

I am not one that is sold on Saquon. Both had similar first year numbers (Ray was not a starter his rookie year) but when he did start in year 2 vs year 1 Saquon I think you will be surprised how similar they are. Both 2k yards from scrimmage.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's why i object to the idea that the lack of a running game is all on the OL - because ingram's literally only getting what's blocked for him right now and when he runs outside the tackles it's guaranteed to not be a positive play

dobbins has the explosion that he can (and does) win the edge

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's why i object to the idea that the lack of a running game is all on the OL - because ingram's literally only getting what's blocked for him right now and when he runs outside the tackles it's guaranteed to not be a positive play

dobbins has the explosion that he can (and does) win the edge

Yeah, no one can convince me that Dobbins wouldn't do more out there with our OL. He's got another gear that our other backs just don't have (well, maybe Hill, but he's an afterthought on our offense right now) and I think our running game would be much improved if he actually got the chance to show it.

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
i get that - but lamar was not hurried at all on that throw - like the play was pre-determined to andrews no matter what - and if it wasnt then idk what lamar's doing there

cant believe of all the plays for them not to have 11 guys on the field this is the one lol

Skura gets worked. Not sure Lamar notices though. Does seem like he's ready to go to 89 from the snap

Last edited:

purp

Practice Squad
Also, in regards to blowing teams out... I just don't care. The expectation when you play Washington or Cincinnati is that you blow them out. They're bad football teams who will struggle to win 4-5 games all year long. There's a massive talent gap between the two of us, and so blowing them out is basically like achieving the bare minimum. The only thing I give a Lamar-led team credit for is they aren't doing what many of the Joe Flacco teams did, which is play to precisely the level of competition (i.e. crap the bed against bad teams).

Blowing out Cincinnati at home is a no-win situation. If you do it, you're supposed to do it. If you don't, the alarm bells go off. Its a barometer for absolutely nothing.

We have one really good win against Cleveland, and we're all still not sure how great that is. We can probably sleep walk our way to at least 8-9 wins (likely more), so that'll get you a playoff spot in the AFC regardless.

Got a five game stretch in November that will tell us where we stack up. We already got blown out by KC. We play PIT twice, Colts, Patriots and Titans. Three of those teams will likely be playoff teams. How we fare in that stretch will tell us. Those are probably 3 of the top 5 teams in the AFC.

You guys have the right to watch and cheer for however you want. Personally I’d hate to enjoy less than half of the games in a 16 game season that might get canceled because my 23 year old reigning MVP quarterback played poorly on a day when he practiced twice, played on one leg, and his close friend died...and still won 27-3.

But that’s just me.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching the condensed game and man bates was right, seems like every positive play is to Hollywood or andrews.

also the difference between Ingram and dobbins is ever apparent on his big gain on ONE FUCKING CARRY... this wasn’t an OL or scheme thing, pistol, power one way, dobbins goes the other way, he has a free runner coming at him and the difference between dobbins and Ingram is that dobbins won the edge and then broke multiple tackles.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Watching the condensed game and man bates was right, seems like every positive play is to Hollywood or andrews.

also the difference between Ingram and dobbins is ever apparent on his big gain on ONE FUCKING CARRY... this wasn’t an OL or scheme thing, pistol, power one way, dobbins goes the other way, he has a free runner coming at him and the difference between dobbins and Ingram is that dobbins won the edge and then broke multiple tackles.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You guys have the right to watch and cheer for however you want. Personally I’d hate to enjoy less than half of the games in a 16 game season that might get canceled because my 23 year old reigning MVP quarterback played poorly on a day when he practiced twice, played on one leg, and his close friend died...and still won 27-3.

But that’s just me.
Huh? Practiced twice? Played on one leg?

1. How much practicing do you think players are actually doing mid-season? At least three days a week, they're not even wearing pads (Monday, Tuesday, Saturday), and the other days they're having little to no physical contact with each other, and are largely just installing the gameplan, doing walkthroughs, doing some conditioning, and maybe getting some reps in. Pretty much anybody who's been in the league for more than 3-4 years is getting AT LEAST one of those days off too.
Ronnie Stanley basically hasn't taken a practice rep in a month, and likely won't for the rest of the season. Marshal Yanda took like no practice reps for like 3 straight years because he played with torn muscles for the entire season.
Suddenly, practicing for two days doesn't sound so bad. Its the norm for many players in mid-October during a football season.
2. Played with one leg? How about no. How about he had an injury that he was perfectly fine to practice with. He's no more banged up than the dozens of other football players who are all playing hurt this time of year. That includes the guys that block for him, and the guys he's playing against.

Not only are you dramatically overvaluing the practice time of a QB who hasn't missed any snaps due to injury this year, and couldn't possibly be classified as "needing the reps", but you're also dramatically overvaluing his injury, which literally nobody has suggested impacted his performance. Especially when you consider that much of his performance issues from this particular game were on the mental side, not the physical side.

AND... what I'm seeing on film isn't a one week problem. So what was his excuse against Washington or KC when he had similar issues?

Like I said already... I'm pretty much past the regular season at this point. We can sleep walk to the playoffs, and in some cases, it feels like we have been. I'm looking for indicators on what's going to happen when we play Tennessee, or Buffalo, or Pittsburgh, or KC, or NE, in the playoffs. Luckily, I'll get to see us play most of those teams beforehand anyway.