• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Now I know Steve is not going to fire Harbaugh at any point during the regular season. Harbs if he gets fired won't be let go until Black Monday. The question is, if he is fired then what kind of Head Coach do we bring in? Obviously we need a Offensive minded head coach to fix the offensive issues. Though, who is out there that can replace Harbaugh? Is there a candidate out there for us in 2018?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm doubt Harbaugh gets fired unless he loses the locker room, which won't happen, imo. That being said, if he does get fired I'd like an Offensive minded head coach that doesn't interfere with th defensive play calling.

Not sure who is available, unless Hugh Jackson gets fired.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I know he's defensive minded but I wouldn't mind us getting Matt Patricia...
I mean sure, he's defensive minded but we've always been a defensive franchise. He could also help us establish an identity and whatnot.

I mean.. I don't know who he'd institute as an OC but still.

I could see us making a run for Wisenhunt, who did make a super bowl. I do think he could be a guy who helps Flacco turn his career around(I mean... he did help Kurt Warner do it).

McDaniels I just don't see. His coaching decisions last go around along with his maturity were pretty horrible. Benching Brandon Marshall during a playoffs or bust game... Great offensive mind but I think he's better suited as a coordinator.

K-Dog

MVP
One thing I will bet my bottom dollar on is the fact that Steve Biscotti will NOT clean house, ie. fire everyone or mostly everyone.

I am not sure Steve Biscotti will see firing John as step one. Further in the process possibly, maybe, even likely, but I don't see John as step one.
Now if we see changes between now and December, then I see the heat getting hotter.
Also I will bet my other bottom dollar that Ozzie is safe, although a "suggested early retirement" could come into play.

All that said Steve won't do a thing without a plan already in place. Which could be the reason there have not been any changes as of yet.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I know he's defensive minded but I wouldn't mind us getting Matt Patricia...
I mean sure, he's defensive minded but we've always been a defensive franchise. He could also help us establish an identity and whatnot.

I mean.. I don't know who he'd institute as an OC but still.

I could see us making a run for Wisenhunt, who did make a super bowl. I do think he could be a guy who helps Flacco turn his career around(I mean... he did help Kurt Warner do it).

McDaniels I just don't see. His coaching decisions last go around along with his maturity were pretty horrible. Benching Brandon Marshall during a playoffs or bust game... Great offensive mind but I think he's better suited as a coordinator.
Patricia's a hell of a defensive mind.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I could deal with Matt Patricia. But we would still be stuck in an ever changing OC.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Harbaugh gets fired then the guy on the top of my wish list is Sean Peyton. Really would like to have him here, that is of course he's willing to allow the FO to do their job.
As much as Peyton is a good coach, I'd rather have an up n comer. No coach in the history of the NFL since the merger has won super bowls with two or more teams. Trying to reignite that magic is very difficult

We could lose the team over a terrible season, in that scenario I think our coordinators go first and then Harbaugh after week 17.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
As much as Peyton is a good coach, I'd rather have an up n comer. No coach in the history of the NFL since the merger has won super bowls with two or more teams. Trying to reignite that magic is very difficult
Well then there's a first time for everything then my friend.

If we did that though, I'd like to see who comes over as a DC. No more Rob Ryan lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Same, would like a up and comer. Maybe Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter? He has turned Matthew Stafford around since taking over as OC.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Same, would like a up and comer. Maybe Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter? He has turned Matthew Stafford around since taking over as OC.
With that name he's nothing but a guarenteed question. Let's wait for Sean Payton or something to hopefully get fired.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Now I know Steve is not going to fire Harbaugh at any point during the regular season. Harbs if he gets fired won't be let go until Black Monday. The question is, if he is fired then what kind of Head Coach do we bring in? Obviously we need a Offensive minded head coach to fix the offensive issues. Though, who is out there that can replace Harbaugh? Is there a candidate out there for us in 2018?
you cant get anywhere with an O head coach if he still is getting third rate drafted players. oz and decost have to go first.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
One thing I will bet my bottom dollar on is the fact that Steve Biscotti will NOT clean house, ie. fire everyone or mostly everyone.

I am not sure Steve Biscotti will see firing John as step one. Further in the process possibly, maybe, even likely, but I don't see John as step one.
Now if we see changes between now and December, then I see the heat getting hotter.
Also I will bet my other bottom dollar that Ozzie is safe, although a "suggested early retirement" could come into play.

All that said Steve won't do a thing without a plan already in place. Which could be the reason there have not been any changes as of yet.
we just got beat 44-7 came home and had no game at home vs our division rival. it was embarassing. if it continues like this to the end of the year we have to clean em all out. this was a bellweather game and we didn't answer the bell.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
John needs to go. For a head coach who's only specialty is special teams, you would hope his evaluation for coordinators would make it work. But sticking with marty cause he's ur eagles pal and 90 year old pees who just try to bend don't break all the time is the final straw. We could have gone after mike mccoy and wade philips as DC.
Things aren't going to get better, this team needs a new spark / identity. Hopefully hire a offensive guru to try and salvage flaccco's career since we're stuck with that awful contract. Beg kubiak to come out of retirement.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh may get a pass this year due to all the injuries . I don’t think he necessarily deserves one though .
It really think it’s time to move on from the Harbaugh -Flacco era . It’s been a pretty nice run . Should have had another Super Bowl win though (Lee Evans Drop )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk