• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

TheCity55

Practice Squad
On the offensive side of the ball, this team has gotten outcoached and out schemed like crazy. Keep Marty is puzzling. And its times where we get outschemed and make questionable decisions and i just wonder where Harbaugh is in the middle of all of that. How do you exempt him of any blame or responsibility when it comes to the offense when hes the HC. It makes no sense to me.

TheCity55

Practice Squad
like what evidence has Engram shown that he's good at his job
Juan Castillo was got rid of for much less lack of development
Theres certain limitations a positional coach has. Lets not act like we were a WR factory prior to Engrams arrival and look at the young talent we’ve given him. Outside of Perriman who was a hurdle in terms of development hes been given nearly nothing to work with.

Also, you think he has nothing to do with John Brown and Willie Snead’s ressurgance? He works with Vets as well and they have been solid overall.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Theres certain limitations a positional coach has. Lets not act like we were a WR factory prior to Engrams arrival and look at the young talent we’ve given him. Outside of Perriman who was a hurdle in terms of development hes been given nearly nothing to work with.

Also, you think he has nothing to do with John Brown and Willie Snead’s ressurgance? He works with Vets as well and they have been solid overall.

willie snead and john brown were already good players before they came to baltimore... john brown had injury issues and snead had character concerns that left him on the outside looking in with the saints - neither are performing particularly better than at their previous ball clubs - the difference is we got them after disappointing seasons

we've signed good veterans and they've played well in baltimore but they havent developed per se...

the best example i think of engram developing someone is probably kamar aiken but outside of aiken there's no one who's noticeably taken big strides from one year to the next

wide receivers never improve the longer they're on our team and that's the most damning indictment of him:

Torrey Smith had his worst year as a Raven the year Engram arrived
Marlon Brown disappeared after setting rookie receiving records
Breshad Perriman never developed as a catcher or a route runner and has outperformed his production already in cleveland in half a year
Michael Campanaro was a good route runner and reliable pass catcher but was basically the same player through his whole ravens career
He gets credit for turning Kamar Aiken into an almost 1000 yard receiver when everyone else got injured
But Chris Moore has also not developed beyond key special teamer and a manageable 4th receiver at best
Maclin and Wallace were both basically the same player as on their previous teams - you could argue wallace got slightly better in year 1 then declined and maclin was worse than on his previous teams
SSS was a great signing but he was just SSS the whole time
Crabtree, Snead and Brown all look like they did on their previous teams - Crab still has drop issues, Snead's still a good slot, Brown's still a good deep threat

outside of Aiken i cant think of any receiver who's game has elevated in baltimore since Engram came on
maybe that's all on talent and i think we all agree that the quality of pieces we've had in the receiving room has been sub-par, but no one has improved over time under his tenure and that's worrying

A1A

Veteran
willie snead and john brown were already good players before they came to baltimore... john brown had injury issues and snead had character concerns that left him on the outside looking in with the saints - neither are performing particularly better than at their previous ball clubs - the difference is we got them after disappointing seasons

we've signed good veterans and they've played well in baltimore but they havent developed per se...

the best example i think of engram developing someone is probably kamar aiken but outside of aiken there's no one who's noticeably taken big strides from one year to the next

wide receivers never improve the longer they're on our team and that's the most damning indictment of him:

Torrey Smith had his worst year as a Raven the year Engram arrived
Marlon Brown disappeared after setting rookie receiving records
Breshad Perriman never developed as a catcher or a route runner and has outperformed his production already in cleveland in half a year
Michael Campanaro was a good route runner and reliable pass catcher but was basically the same player through his whole ravens career
He gets credit for turning Kamar Aiken into an almost 1000 yard receiver when everyone else got injured
But Chris Moore has also not developed beyond key special teamer and a manageable 4th receiver at best
Maclin and Wallace were both basically the same player as on their previous teams - you could argue wallace got slightly better in year 1 then declined and maclin was worse than on his previous teams
SSS was a great signing but he was just SSS the whole time
Crabtree, Snead and Brown all look like they did on their previous teams - Crab still has drop issues, Snead's still a good slot, Brown's still a good deep threat

outside of Aiken i cant think of any receiver who's game has elevated in baltimore since Engram came on
maybe that's all on talent and i think we all agree that the quality of pieces we've had in the receiving room has been sub-par, but no one has improved over time under his tenure and that's worrying

Let's not forget the guys had Joe throwing the ball...if it wasnt for the SB we would have labeled him a bust and moved on already. Boldin's career was said to be over then he posted a 200 yard game week 1 along with a 1000+ yard season to prove doubters wrong. The talent is there they just need a better QB under center. Steve Smith would have put up big numbers if he chose Brady over us just like Mason. People love Joe cause of one thing the SB run. It was an amazing run the online played fantastic and Boldin was a complete monster grabbing everything Joe threw up. Not to mention Torry and Jacoby make crucial grabs. If it wasnt for those 2-3 passes Joe's numbers were pedestrian. I respect Mason and was happy to have him but he knows he wasted his best years here. SSS also probably regrets the decision. Look what happened when Perriman teamed up with a true QB. Joe has the strongest cannon in the game no question but cant lead his receivers, has no touch etc. But we all know that already. Hes a big guy a 1st round pick and brought us a ring. I would have given him the $$ too. Which btw didnt dismantle the team. Harbs did that to prove he was the boss.