• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I don't see all the hate on harbaugh imo... have you ever heard he players talk about harbaugh especially new players one of the biggest things they talk about is the culture and how they can be themselves that is instilled by the head coach... I personally don't think John is going anywhere unless this team tanks and tanks bad if we fired him he'd be hired before he walked out the door. I know it's the not popular opinion but I like him I think he's a good coach but the coordinators on the other hand that's something we could get into

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't see all the hate on harbaugh imo... have you ever heard he players talk about harbaugh especially new players one of the biggest things they talk about is the culture and how they can be themselves that is instilled by the head coach... I personally don't think John is going anywhere unless this team tanks and tanks bad if we fired him he'd be hired before he walked out the door. I know it's the not popular opinion but I like him I think he's a good coach but the coordinators on the other hand that's something we could get into
Absolutely agree. If he were fired and he won't be, he'd have three interviews lined up by the time he reached the car.

Harbaugh treats the players like men, with respect and they love to play for him. We will get better as the season goes on and if we don't, he will still be here and in time we will win again as a franchise most likely with Harbaugh at the helm.

As much as Peyton is a good coach, I'd rather have an up n comer. No coach in the history of the NFL since the merger has won super bowls with two or more teams. Trying to reignite that magic is very difficult
I don't know if I can take that highly, how often do teams let go of Super Bowl winning coaches? I'm not sure about an up and comer, I don't think anyone is a better option that Payton.

The Greek

Veteran
harbs has lost plenty of coaches and he has struggled to replace them. if pagano gets fired and is willing to keep coaching i hope harbs gives him a call. he needs an oc in the mold of kyle shanahan/sean mcvay that is creative. bobby engram has been a terrible receivers coach

Tank

Hall of Famer
IDK who the best candidate is but they need to understand that you can't continually take key players and place them on IR and expect to win.

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
Harb is not a great coach. He hasn't won since our veteran team...Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Pollard, and Q either retired or forced out. That team carried him and Flacco. They both are exposed to be average at best. I do believe he's losing the locker room. I wouldn't want to play for him because he doesn't hold everybody accountable. Nobody turns the ball over more than Flacco but he's never called out. But if you fumble the ball your benched and he brings it up at the press conference.

Ravens20002012

Practice Squad
Flacco carried them in 12, and if your logic is those guys were the reason for their success, that falls on the FO did more of those caliber players not easy obviously but still

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know if I can take that highly, how often do teams let go of Super Bowl winning coaches? I'm not sure about an up and comer, I don't think anyone is a better option that Payton.
Not sure how often super bowl winning coaches get let go. It may not be counted on one hand. Sean Payton is a great offensive mind, but his defenses have been downright awful. If he were to coach here he would need to let the front office do their job. We also have to understand that he has also had Drew Bree's for his entire time as a head coach. Most of the top head coaches in the history of this league have had a franchise qb.

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
Flacco carried them in 12, and if your logic is those guys were the reason for their success, that falls on the FO did more of those caliber players not easy obviously but still
Flacco played constant those playoffs. That was the first and last time he played 4 constant games in his career. FO can't build around him like that now with the kind of money they are paying him.

Not sure how often super bowl winning coaches get let go. It may not be counted on one hand. Sean Payton is a great offensive mind, but his defenses have been downright awful. If he were to coach here he would need to let the front office do their job. We also have to understand that he has also had Drew Bree's for his entire time as a head coach. Most of the top head coaches in the history of this league have had a franchise qb.

I think Payton deserves plenty of credit for Brees progression. Before Payton, Brees wasn't really projected to be this good and the Chargers didn't believe he was a better option than any of the QBs in the 2004 class. Payton's defenses have been poor but I don't know how much of that can be attributed to him. I think he ran into issues with the FO over the Saints defense but I don't know if that's true.

K-Dog

MVP
Harb is not a great coach. He hasn't won since our veteran team...Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Pollard, and Q either retired or forced out. That team carried him and Flacco. They both are exposed to be average at best. I do believe he's losing the locker room. I wouldn't want to play for him because he doesn't hold everybody accountable. Nobody turns the ball over more than Flacco but he's never called out. But if you fumble the ball your benched and he brings it up at the press conference.

we have no clue what goes on behind closed doors now do we ?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
No one else thinks it's humorous that a guy with Harbs picture damn near first post defending the coach is... awww whatever...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Payton deserves plenty of credit for Brees progression. Before Payton, Brees wasn't really projected to be this good and the Chargers didn't believe he was a better option than any of the QBs in the 2004 class. Payton's defenses have been poor but I don't know how much of that can be attributed to him. I think he ran into issues with the FO over the Saints defense but I don't know if that's true.
Bree's was doing very well the two years prior to going to New Orleasns. The Chargers drafting of Phillip Rivers lit a fire under his belt. Them when he injured his shoulder they let him go to New Orleans. The Dolphins must be kicking themselves for not signing him when they had the chance.