• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm finally going to bed so hopefully we'll wake up to some good news and hopefully a fresh start for the 2018 season or we'll realize 2018 will only end the same way 2016 & 2017 did with broken hearts and a lot of stress through out the year.
I need to vent just for an hour more before total exhaustion and eventual bliss less sleep.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Defense fucking choked and wrs cost us. Team isn't as far off as people are making it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Defense fucking choked and wrs cost us. Team isn't as far off as people are making it.
Yeah.. If only we had
WRs
LG
RT
Another Interior PAss rusher
Another CB for depth purposes
TE

Good god.... We have a lot of work to do

jboy19

Pro Bowler
For better or worse, I would assume the front office would be more impressed by how much the team accomplished considering the big injury problems at the beginning of the season than the shortcomings in the end. Just need to get bodies healthy and things could be very good next year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
the guys who are doing worse are ozzie and eric. Can we draft someone who's actually special? It seems that our ceiling are solid players :/

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah.. If only we had
WRs
LG
RT
Another Interior PAss rusher
Another CB for depth purposes
TE

Good god.... We have a lot of work to do

OK will be better just from getting guys back. Wrs in FA. Fillmore is back and Boyle is developing well as Maxx disappoints. My guess is with a new DC the pass rush will be one of the first things we see improve. We have a rusher in Tim Williams. Draft him knowing he's strictly a rusher and then bench him while our pass rush disappears. This is on coaching. At some point, FUCK special teams. Yes, I'd dress him knowing Damn well that's his only role and accept it. Biggest whole is obviously wr and that can be turned around a lot faster than peoole think. Camp is developing as is more so we have "depth." Fuck combine stats. Look at people's play on the field and make a move and pick up a FA or 2. CUT MACLIN and beg Mike to come back at a good rate if possible. Hell, make a trade, but at least 2 guys need to be added at the position. Dixon will be back, Collins and Woodhead are a good mix. Not sure if Buck is still signed, but doesn't matter.

Again, what were expectations when the season started? I know mine. Sucks how we lost, but it is what is. Goddam Bears loss...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
the guys who are doing worse are ozzie and eric. Can we draft someone who's actually special? It seems that our ceiling are solid players :/

Agree to an extent, but we don't seem to develop certain positions well either. That and not utilizing players properly.

Tru11

Practice Squad

that falls on the coaches.

no player is going to be special if you dont use them to their strength nor help them get better.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Marlon, Tyus and Timmy are pretty special. The first two are physical marvels with unusual skillsets and the third was widely viewed as a top 10 player before his drug story and his poor combine

RayRayRaven

Veteran
and the ravens season ends with a thud.

they teased us and we really thought we was going to the dance. many of the talkin heads said we was the sleeper in the afc if we got in and even the steelers and pats feared facing us. but first we had to get in the dance. we was the number 5 seed goin into week 17 and to miss out we had to lose at home and then almost every other bubble team had to win. titans win, bills win, chargers win and we play at home.

game opens and our guys have no fire. no urgency and quickly we are getting dog piled by a team we blanked first game of the season. a team in total disarray. both theirs and ours. they outplay us on our home field. joe joe does what joe joe does. he throws half a hundred times for four yards an attempt. they run betta than we do. joe joe throws behind a guy and its a pic six.

we barely handled indy and we thought we were a playoff team? I stayed away a number of weeks didn't want my poor opinion of the organization to spoil a possible playoff spot but the ravens are who we thought they were. and they are not a properly equipped team. a fish rots for the head down.

Start fresh..... we know Marty is gone and Pees is retiring. Fire Harbs and lets start over
a must

bring del rio back
am in agreement...del rio...but only with a new g.m. team.

its either mcdaniels or keep harbs for me
harball must go, but if its between mcdaniels and harball lets keep harball

No on harbs. We need a coach that keep his foot on the gas pedal. Not just run it under 4 mins, up by 3 and try that bend don’t break philosophy. Time for a fresh change
harbs is poison. he is a team killer.

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere this year.
if he doesn't we are fucked.

McDaniels isn’t coming here. He’d go to a team where he can get his QB and Flacco isn’t going anywhere.
flacco must go too but not for mcdaniels

This is four of the last five years that the Ravens have missed the playoffs and three years straight. Sure, they did it this time with a winning record (for the first time since 2014), but the Ravens clearly are not moving in the direction they need to.

we are in a we suck period.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is definitely a good draft for TEs. Definitely feel we should draft one this year with both Boyle, Maxx and Waller (is he still a Raven) entering the final year of their contract and our most consistent TE is 37 yrs old.

Harbs job is fading away...

You all ever see Back to the Future Part 1?When Marty was trying to keep things in line so the future couldn’t be changed and he kept looking at his picture when things were falling off course of what really happened and he was fading out of the picture? Well that’s what’s happening to John Harbaugh right now, he’s fading out of the picture. One loss at a time...

Last edited:
Harbs job is fading away...

You all ever see Back to the Future Part 1?When Marty was trying to keep things in line so the future couldn’t be changed and he kept looking at his picture when things were falling off course of what really happened and he was fading out of the picture? Well that’s what’s happening to John Harbaugh right now, he’s fading out of the picture. One loss at a time...

Getting back on track to this posts original topic... who would you want to see replace Harbs?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, if we wanted to go a bit old school with an aggressive but very disciplined, everyone do your jobs, type of coach, then Dan Campbell could be an good choice. He's learned under Parcells and Payten.

If he can be convinced to make the jump to the NFL, Chris Peterson could be a good hire to give this team a jolt.

The Greek

Veteran
biggest problem on the team is ozzie newsome. he let ko and rj go and the o-line is terrible. did not draft a rb since rice and could never draft a wr. thank u for the 2 sb's but see ya!! weddle and tj are terrible