• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Moving this here for the sake of anything.
Boy was I wrong about Collins. I saw a lot of things that should suggest he keeps on the same pace as last year, his yardage last year was mostly earned by himself, not system of OL based.

I can’t understand what in the flying fuck happened with him...
Well the oline has become considerably worse in the run blocking department. It doesn't help that Marty isn't doing him any favors either.

Collins isn't blameless as he's missing holes but literally he'd be putting some fantastic numbers up if we didn't only have two competent blockers.

It's why I want the team to stay the same even if Harbaugh goes. "But Flacco's salary". Flacco is a guy who's won a ring. Any HC worth their salt would give him the chance to prove himself before sending him off. He's had some bad games this year but he's far far far from the problem with this team right now.

I mean, because of both Flacco and Lamar I feel like this would be the ideal place for a new HC to come impliment an offensive system. A brand new HC would have an opportunity to potentially compete for a ring immediately because of Joe, and worst case scenario if that doesn't work out they get to try their hand with Lamar. It's the definition of a win-win.

This team is maybe three pieces away. If we can sign Montgomery beyond this year and he proves to be solid here, then we can fix this line in the offseason and maybe acquire another runner and boom.
John DeFilippo, Matt LaFluer. I'll take either.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well the oline has become considerably worse in the run blocking department. It doesn't help that Marty isn't doing him any favors either.

Collins isn't blameless as he's missing holes but literally he'd be putting some fantastic numbers up if we didn't only have two competent blockers.

It's why I want the team to stay the same even if Harbaugh goes. "But Flacco's salary". Flacco is a guy who's won a ring. Any HC worth their salt would give him the chance to prove himself before sending him off. He's had some bad games this year but he's far far far from the problem with this team right now.

I mean, because of both Flacco and Lamar I feel like this would be the ideal place for a new HC to come impliment an offensive system. A brand new HC would have an opportunity to potentially compete for a ring immediately because of Joe, and worst case scenario if that doesn't work out they get to try their hand with Lamar. It's the definition of a win-win.

This team is maybe three pieces away. If we can sign Montgomery beyond this year and he proves to be solid here, then we can fix this line in the offseason and maybe acquire another runner and boom.
Ravens management has neglected the offensive line for years now. It is a primary reason why will haven’t been to the playoffs lately.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ravens management has neglected the offensive line for years now. It is a primary reason why will haven’t been to the playoffs lately.
That and a load of injuries. We still have been in contention until the final week, but yeah our OL should be better none of the less.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I agree 100%

I've been sick of Harbaugh since after the SB run. Time for some new blood in here! Sometimes change is good! A new HC can bring in fresh insight and perspective and re-energize a locker room.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree 100%

I've been sick of Harbaugh since after the SB run. Time for some new blood in here! Sometimes change is good! A new HC can bring in fresh insight and perspective and re-energize a locker room.
I agree with you but the Cleveland head coach opening just made Harbaugh's chances of getting fired, even if we don't make the playoffs, much lower.
Biscotti will not want John to go to Cleveland.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with you but the Cleveland head coach opening just made Harbaugh's chances of getting fired, even if we don't make the playoffs, much lower.
If he is going to fire him he is going to fire him. He doesn’t give a damn where John goes afterwards. That’s the NFL. That’s fake news.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

why would steve care?
if it's time to go it's time to go - operating out of fear is not good business in the nfl...
if they fire him they will fire him and wish him well

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
why would steve care?
if it's time to go it's time to go - operating out of fear is not good business in the nfl...
Do you really want Harbaugh in Cleveland and Lewis in Cincy?

why would steve care?
Its not fear. It's being rational. Sorry we will have to disagree. We havent' done so well with Lewis in Cincy ,have we?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not firing an average/mediocre coach because you’re afraid he might go to a rival is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Oh no! We might have to play him twice a year! Let’s just keep winning 8 games a year instead.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not firing an average/mediocre coach because you’re afraid he might go to a rival is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Oh no! We might have to play him twice a year! Let’s just keep winning 8 games a year instead.
We will see if Biscotti feels the same way you do . Somehow , I doubt it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Mcadaniels looking for HC jobs again around the same time harbaugh is allegedly on the heat seat.. lol it prolly has nothing to do with it but id love mcdaniels over here man