• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Few ticks on a negative side today, so we're back to normal.

Is it too late for us to join the interview process? Just please do whatever you can to keep Martindale in Baltimore. We've got something on D with him.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Colts are a good example of waiting being an okay thing to do because it worked out for them in the end.

The Eagles didn't even want Doug Pederson, he wasn't their first choice and Pederson was the last coaching hire of 2016. The Eagles first choice was Ben McAdoo... yep. McAdoo and the other coaches hired before him, all fired and he has a Super Bowl ring. With Nick Foles out there playing like a 99OVR on Madden he may get to another Super Bowl.

To me if we trade Harbaugh to Miami, which I'm thinking is a very, VERY REAL possibility we have to go after someone who can develop Lamar and be offensive minded. Make a run at Zac Taylor.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I would hope we trade him as well...

But why would any team trade for him? He is a good leader and likable guy sure, but the fact that he is highly dependent on his coordinators, and the fact that he can't select them, properly manage a gameclock, constantly plays to not lose rather than display a killer insntict and not to win, refuses to make halftime adjustments, suggests otherwise, doesn't play rookies even when he should, displays clear favoritism towards certain players...

I don't think he's a good head coach. It's nice that the team has heart and never gives up under him but he has far too many flaws and we need to get rid of him..

If me, a dumbass casual fan can see it, how many NFL organizations can see it? Probably all of them.

I don't think we're going to have a buyer, and if we do, we are not going to get much. I think this season showed that the talent and top to bottom complete roster bailed him out.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trade harbs, all the coaching staff can go (especially Marty & Bobby Engram). Wink, urban, and Greg Roman can stay.

See if David Shaw is interested. Bring in a good young OC to work with Greg Roman.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Trade harbs, all the coaching staff can go (especially Marty & Bobby Engram). Wink, urban, and Greg Roman can stay.

See if David Shaw is interested. Bring in a good young OC to work with Greg Roman.
David Shaw would be interesringm but he’s never shown any interest in the NFL.

A1A

Veteran
I've been very critical of the coach for YEARS even after we won the SB. He lives and dies with his coordinators and chokes under pressure. If we're playing from behind he gets out coached 99% of the time. If it wasn't for Tuckers game winning FG's from 55+ yards out and that time Whosyourmama caught that game winning TD vs Pitt. It'd be 100% lol. In the last 2 mins of the game he either has us with the ball praying for a long FG or trying to stop the other team. At the bar I watched the game over the wknd; when the commentators said the Ravens need to make adjustments after halftime...EVERYONE gave out a united burst of laughter smh. I said during our little winning streak that the bitter sweet thing about it was that we're most likely going to have Harbaugh for another year. I feel sorry for Lamar, the coaches failed him. The kid is what 21? Absolutely no help from his head coach..no screen passes, no dump passes to Ty Montgomery, no drawn up plays for Mark Andrews, nothing. Someone with half a brain would not have had our rookie QB with 2 completions in the 4th quarter. As a coach u need to build up a lil confidence in your young QB with some small completions/drunk passes at least to cool his nerves. Heck coaches do that with VETS! in big games on the road or after a pick 6 etc...So I ask you all help me out am I tripping or should we be very concerned having this guy "groom" the Ravens future? Heck the silver lining here is we bring out the same type of team that we've had the last 6 years again next year. Then coach gets one more pass cause of this years extension then we stink it up again. Lamar never develops and we then move on with a new coach and draft Lawrence #1 in 2021. Remember this is "HIS BEST TEAM EVER". I've read somewhere that the team has fought for Harbaugh on the contrary I believe the team fought very hard for Lamar! #outcoachedAGAIN #WhatIsTimeManagemnet #AlwaysGivesUpWith2MinsLeftB4HalftimeALWAYS

The Eagles didn't even want Doug Pederson, he wasn't their first choice and Pederson was the last coaching hire of 2016. The Eagles first choice was Ben McAdoo... yep. McAdoo and the other coaches hired before him, all fired and he has a Super Bowl ring. With Nick Foles out there playing like a 99OVR on Madden he may get to another Super Bowl.

To me if we trade Harbaugh to Miami, which I'm thinking is a very, VERY REAL possibility we have to go after someone who can develop Lamar and be offensive minded. Make a run at Zac Taylor.
I just don't see the Harbaugh trade being anything but a fun topic of chatter among insiders and fans. All indications are that the FO is working on an extension for a "long-term" deal. I will be stunned if someone comes to us with a pick or picks that would derail that. Given Steve made comments before the Chargers game that he's here next year, I just don't think he's going to back out of that unless someone blows his doors off with an offer and that just seems so unlikely.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who’s a good OC candidate?
I have a feeling we’re Gon announce we’re keeping harbs but Marty is leaving to stop the fan base from rioting.
Kubiak is stayin in Denver to be the OC. Wonder who’s out there

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Normally I'm not a big fan of the GM being too involved in the coaching staff beyond finding the HC, but I kinda hope Decosta puts more pressure on the coordinators to perform than Ozzie did. Reid seems to do a great job of developing his coaches, so I wouldn't mind grabbing one of the Chiefs' offensive position coaches to bring in here.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Normally I'm not a big fan of the GM being too involved in the coaching staff beyond finding the HC, but I kinda hope Decosta puts more pressure on the coordinators to perform than Ozzie did. Reid seems to do a great job of developing his coaches, so I wouldn't mind grabbing one of the Chiefs' offensive position coaches to bring in here.

I'd be totally fine with Decosta forcing out Marty and Engram, at the very least. Obviously, Harbs isn't going to get rid of any of his "guys" unless he absolutely has to.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just want to know why we have a WR coach who wasn’t even a very good freaking wide receiver

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I just want to know why we have a WR coach who wasn’t even a very good freaking wide receiver

It is funny, but usually it seems like people who were great at the sport usually aren't good at teaching it and vice versa. Or scouting it, looking at you Elway and Jordan. Ozzie is a rarity.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It is funny, but usually it seems like people who were great at the sport usually aren't good at teaching it and vice versa. Or scouting it, looking at you Elway and Jordan. Ozzie is a rarity.
This is very true and I’ve actually had this conversation with people before. Many of the best coaches were backup players. They had the brains but not the athleticism or talent to be a superstar.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is very true and I’ve actually had this conversation with people before. Many of the best coaches were backup players. They had the brains but not the athleticism or talent to be a superstar.
Well Engram has neither.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently more rumors circulating about Harbaugh going, specifically to MIA. If this was true, I wish we worked it out sooner because a lot of good coaches have been snatched.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They are also exposed to much more of the coaching ways, starters are out in the field while backups are next to the coaches, seeing how shit is run and seeing up close how they go about their business.