• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire Dean Pees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So let's say Martindale becomes the next DC? Are we sure that things won't change? Would guys like T-Will, Bowser, and Wormley under his system (I think it's inevitable he becomes our next DC tbh)?

My only concern is when he was the Broncos' DC in 2010, that defense was the worst in the league and gave up a league worst 471 points and allowing 6,253 yards. Now I don't know if the 2010 Broncos defense was just terrible and didn't have any good players or what, and maybe with the talent we have our defense things can change. It's just alarming to me that his last DC stint 8 years ago ended up with the worst defense in the league.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mosley's already calling for Wink to be DC. Players seem to like him then. But with our piss poor ILB play one wonder how good Wink really is. We haven't really developed any good ILBs under his tenure. Mosley's solid but he was solid coming in. And even so, I don't think Mosley has gotten that much better with time. His coverage this year was piss poor at times (see Steelers game, last night), and he continues to suck shit through a straw at shedding blocks in the run game. Mosley was absolute shite last night against the run and pass. Couldn't pursue, shed a block, or cover to save his life. But thank fuck he forced a fumble to pad the stats and make up for it.

Back on topic: It's probably going to be Martindale. We have a track record of promoting from within, for better or worse, unless there's an all star candidate available (Kubiak is the only one that comes to mind).

Zach Orr was coming along really fine until the career ending injury derailed everything. Also you have to remember, even before Martindale we've always had a good track record developing ILBs.

The Raven

Veteran
Zach Orr was coming along really fine until the career ending injury derailed everything. Also you have to remember, even before Martindale we've always had a good track record developing ILBs.
Sorry, I don't think Orr was that good in hindsight. He was "coming along" but had a habit of making his tackles five to 10 yards downfield. Not impressed

The Greek

Veteran
harbs needs to really think about who he hires as dc. if they miss the playoffs next season he will be fired so i hope he does not rush into promoting martindale. ozzie needs to step up as well

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry, I don't think Orr was that good in hindsight. He was "coming along" but had a habit of making his tackles five to 10 yards downfield. Not impressed
Lmao. You’re telling me you weren’t happy with an undrafted linebacker who developed very nicely into a valuable piece on our team? Especially after this season, it’s very obvious how much we missed Orr. Was he gonna be the next great ILB? No. But he was very good considering where he came from. Foh with that shit. Mosley sure looked better with him on the field. Everyone loves to hate on Orr (only after he retired) but don’t realize how much better our defense was with him on the field.

The Raven

Veteran
Lmao. You’re telling me you weren’t happy with an undrafted linebacker who developed very nicely into a valuable piece on our team? Especially after this season, it’s very obvious how much we missed Orr. Was he gonna be the next great ILB? No. But he was very good considering where he came from. Foh with that shit. Mosley sure looked better with him on the field. Everyone loves to hate on Orr (only after he retired) but don’t realize how much better our defense was with him on the field.
He was fieldable. Nothing special. He made tackles. That's what LBs do. He couldn't shed blocks. He couldn't cover. Sure he was fantastic for being an UDFA but I don't grade on curves. I don't give extra credit for a nice story. Lets not pretend he was anything more than a solid supplemental piece that benefited immensely from a beast DL in front of him.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was fieldable. Nothing special. He made tackles. That's what LBs do. He couldn't shed blocks. He couldn't cover. Sure he was fantastic for being an UDFA but I don't grade on curves. Lets not pretend he was anything more than a solid supplemental piece that benefited immensely from a beast DL in front of him. S
Sounds like you’re describing CJ Mosley this year.

I think if you guys improve the offense you'll be fine. Your O line might be holding you back a bit. You guys will bounce back next season.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Mosley's already calling for Wink to be DC. Players seem to like him then. But with our piss poor ILB play one wonder how good Wink really is. We haven't really developed any good ILBs under his tenure. Mosley's solid but he was solid coming in. And even so, I don't think Mosley has gotten that much better with time. His coverage this year was piss poor at times (see Steelers game, last night), and he continues to suck shit through a straw at shedding blocks in the run game. Mosley was absolute shite last night against the run and pass. Couldn't pursue, shed a block, or cover to save his life. But thank fuck he forced a fumble to pad the stats and make up for it.

Back on topic: It's probably going to be Martindale. We have a track record of promoting from within, for better or worse, unless there's an all star candidate available (Kubiak is the only one that comes to mind).
this is true! mosley hasnt improved much at all and now we gotta give him a contract extension cause he all we have

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That would be a huge mistake
not sure why. clearly his methods at training camp are overkill with us year after year leading the league in IR before the first preseason snap. his coordinator choices are horrible, he doesnt have the X and O knowledge to override a shit call from his coordinator, he sticks with buddies after years of shit production, he refuses to field talented players at high value roles because other guys might cover a kick better or set the edge better(cough ZDS over twilliams cough), his clock management has fucked us time and time again, and in THIS situation, win or go home week 17 at home vs a weak divisional opponent, and we come out flat and looking like total shit on both sides of the ball, our high ranked defense getting gashed for a whole first half vs the dead last offense in the league...

there is no excuse for how we came out flat yesterday, that is on the coach, these guys were not prepared in a situation that shouldve had them foaming at the mouth. every other in-the-hunt team came out on fire yesterday except for us, the same roster was playng well for the past 6 weeks and in THIS moment they suddenly dont play well til the 2nd half. thats on the coach.

Reactions: cdp

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If it was, the first drive was a wake up call.

We got out played. It is as simple as that.

I will go further abd say that we had 3 issues.

Bad first and last drive on D but in between the played really well.

Awful offensive playcalling in first half. Seriously why were there so many deep balls on a windy day?

Lastly and the biggest problem drops. I lost count of how many drops happened. I think at least Wallace had 3, Allen had 2, Moore, had 1(the worst one), Collins had 1, Boyle had 1, Watson had 1 and I'm probably missing 1 and that's 9 already. That is insane. If HALF of those caught and you only have 5 drops the Ravens win easily, ridiculous.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not sure why. clearly his methods at training camp are overkill with us year after year leading the league in IR before the first preseason snap. his coordinator choices are horrible, he doesnt have the X and O knowledge to override a shit call from his coordinator, he sticks with buddies after years of shit production, he refuses to field talented players at high value roles because other guys might cover a kick better or set the edge better(cough ZDS over twilliams cough), his clock management has fucked us time and time again, and in THIS situation, win or go home week 17 at home vs a weak divisional opponent, and we come out flat and looking like total shit on both sides of the ball, our high ranked defense getting gashed for a whole first half vs the dead last offense in the league...

there is no excuse for how we came out flat yesterday, that is on the coach, these guys were not prepared in a situation that shouldve had them foaming at the mouth. every other in-the-hunt team came out on fire yesterday except for us, the same roster was playng well for the past 6 weeks and in THIS moment they suddenly dont play well til the 2nd half. thats on the coach.
We were absolutely in position to win yesterday, the defense flat out didn’t execute, that’s not on Harbaugh. He doesn’t injure the players either. If you really think he is touch during practices, you need to pay attention to the old school coaches and two a days everyday with tackling at practice. To have a 9-7 record with over 200 games missed, most in the NFL, is very good. If we have one less injury, either Yanda or Jimmy, it’s a totally different story.

K-Dog

MVP
I will go further abd say that we had 3 issues.

Bad first and last drive on D but in between the played really well.

Awful offensive playcalling in first half. Seriously why were there so many deep balls on a windy day?

Lastly and the biggest problem drops. I lost count of how many drops happened. I think at least Wallace had 3, Allen had 2, Moore, had 1(the worst one), Collins had 1, Boyle had 1, Watson had 1 and I'm probably missing 1 and that's 9 already. That is insane. If HALF of those caught and you only have 5 drops the Ravens win easily, ridiculous.

I was blaming frozen balls ( hush children )
but the Bengals were catching them.

Yeah I am sure it is more difficult, but pros are expected to execute.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I was blaming frozen balls ( hush children )
but the Bengals were catching them.

Yeah I am sure it is more difficult, but pros are expected to execute.
Frozen balls would hush the children man. Not having any kids with those.
You guys think overconfidence was the issue yesterday?
no. Lack of execution. Yesterday wasn’t on Pees.

Pees had his issues but wasn’t the problem that people make him out to be.

I’m a little skeptical of Wink. Would much rather hire Fangio. But

Status
Not open for further replies.