• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Colts

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Here we have a matchup against a fellow AFC team that's ALSO 5-2. Definitely a must-win as this'll have Wild Card implications towards the end of the season (assuming the Madden Curse doesn't take us out before then).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
a massive game that didnt feel massive until the loss a few hours ago
I typically don't get pissed off after a loss, but we outplayed them and handed them the win because of all the turnovers. I was so annoyed I couldn't watch football after that game.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I typically don't get pissed off after a loss, but we outplayed them and handed them the win because of all the turnovers. I was so annoyed I couldn't watch football after that game.
I have just felt dread after it. Like a loss is whatever I normally recover after the game but this one is sticking with me bad

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the titans game has scarred me cause losses dont phase me as much anymore

The titans loss had me depressed for like 2 weeks. Then superbowl day felt like shit.

Maybe I'm just numb to it at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the titans game has scarred me cause losses dont phase me as much anymore

The titans loss had me depressed for like 2 weeks. Then superbowl day felt like shit.

i think ive gone into both the big games since with a sense of numbness - the trepidation happens during the week and then when the game happens i just kind of dissociate

its not particularly enjoyable but its probably a subconscious defence mechanism lol - the titans loss really hit hard - i cant remember another ravens game feeling like that for me

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think ive gone into both the big games since with a sense of numbness - the trepidation happens during the week and then when the game happens i just kind of dissociate

its not particularly enjoyable but its probably a subconscious defence mechanism lol - the titans loss really hit hard - i cant remember another ravens game feeling like that for me
It's why I'm not taking much stock on how we play in the regular season. We can struggle all we want but if we make the playoffs then that's all that matters

The only season I care about is the postseason. Hopefully that's when they get hot

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's why I'm not taking much stock on how we play in the regular season. We can struggle all we want but if we make the playoffs then that's all that matters

The only season I care about is the postseason. Hopefully that's when they get hot

i guess im a little different in that i dont see the postseason as a different season in that sense - im looking at the performance level here and extrapolating it and not really seeing us as a threat to do much of anything in the postseason based on our performances through 8 weeks

we've got a run of difficult games upcoming (of which the steelers was the first) and we need to get some momentum going through these tough fixtures or else this season is going to start to feel a little pointless

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler

The only and I mean the only loss I can think of that stuck with me like that was the 2011 AFC championship game that hurt for weeks

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The only and I mean the only loss I can think of that stuck with me like that was the 2011 AFC championship game that hurt for weeks
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I don't give AF what any Giants fan tells me, we would've whooped their asses in the SB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Same... I wasn’t even upset til my wife started running her mouth about how we booed an injured player and I had to explain how we were booing the refs for not stopping the clock and she’s like “no your fans are just pieces of shit”... she’s an asshole lol. The loss barely got to me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have just felt dread after it. Like a loss is whatever I normally recover after the game but this one is sticking with me bad
yep, we were the first team since 1950 to rush for 200+ and out pass the opponent by any amount of yards to lose.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This game is a great opportunity for Lamar to right his wrongs. Colts defense is stingy so it should be a good test to see where we're at especially since this game could be crucial for Wild Card purposes towards the end of the season.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just what we needed......

Shit I didn’t think Phillips was in that bad of shape . So he’s out , the leagues best LT and Skura is a shell of himself since the injury last year . Thank God we have a QB that can scramble.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit I didn’t think Phillips was in that bad of shape . So he’s out , the leagues best LT and Skura is a shell of himself since the injury last year . Thank God we have a QB that can scramble.
I'm not sure Jackson is the best scrambling QB this year. He's had a lot of issues. It's very evident the OL is important to him despite some people throwing around that he masks the weaknesses of the OL. We need to really address the OL next offseason and make it a priority for once.