• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Colts

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

wow.. Thats all 3 of our mlb, starting FS and 2 of our core outside linebackers.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry folks but this game will be a loss. You cant lose a Stanley and Humphrey , both at the very elite level and expect to win this one.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I said this in another thread:

I'm still pissed about Sunday's loss. So, at this point; I don't care what is said or it is said by (i.e. coach, Lamar, other players etc.). Shut the hell up, play ball and beat the damn Colts on Sunday. :mad: :swear: :punch: :cool:

GO RAVENS!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sorry folks but this game will be a loss. You cant lose a Stanley and Humphrey , both at the very elite level and expect to win this one.

Blah, Blah 5-1 starts the year we won The Super Bowl, etc. Well if we continue down that route, we also lost to the Steelers at home in 2012, which became a three game losing streak that saw us fire ***.

So with the Covid situation, it's looking like a loss on Sunday.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... I think its a good opponent for it.

Colts are not really known for their extensive pressure on QBs, and they have arguably one of the worst receiving core's in all of football.

I struggle to find ways where the Colts are going to score points. They've been propped up by playing some of the absolute worst defenses in the league (Vikings, Jags, Bengals, Jets, Lions). They've played MAYBE two strong defenses this year... the Bears, and maybe the Browns, they though haven't played that well. They scored one offensive TD in each game, were held under 20 points on offense in both games, and were around or under 300 yards of offense in each game.

Barring like all of our COVID players being out, which would probably be a death sentence, this isn't a bad team to match up against when you're missing Marlon and Stanley.

This game will come down to how our offense performs. Colts are a very strong defense.

Simba

Staff Member
I mean... I think its a good opponent for it.

Colts are not really known for their extensive pressure on QBs, and they have arguably one of the worst receiving core's in all of football.

I struggle to find ways where the Colts are going to score points. They've been propped up by playing some of the absolute worst defenses in the league (Vikings, Jags, Bengals, Jets, Lions). They've played MAYBE two strong defenses this year... the Bears, and maybe the Browns, they though haven't played that well. They scored one offensive TD in each game, were held under 20 points on offense in both games, and were around or under 300 yards of offense in each game.

Barring like all of our COVID players being out, which would probably be a death sentence, this isn't a bad team to match up against when you're missing Marlon and Stanley.

This game will come down to how our offense performs. Colts are a very strong defense.

Nyheim Hines has been hot in the receiving game the last couple of weeks, which bares watching with how much we struggled covering RBs a bit earlier in the season. I'm not overly concerned but he's someone to keep an eye on.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nyheim Hines has been hot in the receiving game the last couple of weeks, which bares watching with how much we struggled covering RBs a bit earlier in the season. I'm not overly concerned but he's someone to keep an eye on.
I agree. They use backs and TE's a lot in that offense, which is pretty typical of a Rivers-led offense.

My point was that Marlon wouldn't likely be covering either of those groups anyway, so his loss probably won't be as significant as it would be against other teams. I we had to play Pittsburgh or KC without Marlon, I'd probably waive the white flag already. Indy isn't in that class.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't expect our offense to score many points on Sunday. Their defense is top 5 in yards allowed and scoring. I can only hope our defense can get our players back from the "high risk" list.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't expect our offense to score many points on Sunday. Their defense is top 5 in yards allowed and scoring. I can only hope our defense can get our players back from the "high risk" list.

this is good to know, but I'm certainly not optimistic about this game. Not as much as I would be if we were healthy and had a full week of practice. Shame on the NFL for not postponing until Tuesday

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is good to know, but I'm certainly not optimistic about this game. Not as much as I would be if we were healthy and had a full week of practice. Shame on the NFL for not postponing until Tuesday
Should have been postponed. Thank goodness they are adding two extra teams to the playoff scenario. We will need it.

Simba

Staff Member

Don't think they want to risk moving it for 1 guy. Lots of teams with cases right now, and at least the protocols are working. Sucks that it takes time and practice away, but better than what the Titans were going through earlier this year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don't think they want to risk moving it for 1 guy. Lots of teams with cases right now, and at least the protocols are working. Sucks that it takes time and practice away, but better than what the Titans were going through earlier this year.
There were 5 others as well that may not have it but aren't able to practice. Moving it to Tuesday allows them to have some practice time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So everyone apart from Humphrey has come of the Covid/Reserve list which is promising

unfortunately apparently LJ Fort has a finger injury that means he's going to miss the game on sunday but we're getting significant important pieces back (to add to judon coming back on thursday or whenever it was)

still something we'll have to overcome regarding a potential practice deficit (but probably not that big a deal tbh as long as they were still able to participate in meetings)