• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Colts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Who the hell is going to be the backup T tomorrow? Clearly they do not hold a high opinion of Holden (so why is he still on the PS...) so it’s gotta be Bredeson maybe? Mekari? I hope we don’t have to find out but damn we look like shit at the T spots right now.
i think it has to be mekari - literally no one else on the roster with any tackle experience at all - bredeson is like mekari but with no experience outside and Powers is literally only a guard and Colon-Castillo is also exclusively an interior OL

got to be mekari i think

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
So many moves happened I got confused. Everyone who was close to Marlon came off the list?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So many moves happened I got confused. Everyone who was close to Marlon came off the list?

yeah even i was confused with some of the designations:

starting from the beginning of the week where we were at a 53 man roster:

We sent Ronnie Stanley, Tyre Phillips and Chris Moore to I/R (which opened up 3 spots on the 53)
2 of those spots have been given to Terrell Bonds and Kristian Welch - the 3rd is as yet unfilled

Marlon Humphrey is on the covid/reserve list after a positive test (which opened up 1 covid replacement spot this Sunday)
his spot has been filled by Geno Stone who is his Covid-replacement (which means he does not lose a practice squad elevation week)

All of the players who were identified as close contacts of marlon (and therefore required to isolate) have been reactivated - LJ Fort is going to be inactive on Sunday due to a finger injury but will still be part of the 53 man roster

Dez Bryant has been elevated from the practice squad as one of the 2 allowed practice squad elevations each week (looks like we only used 1 this week)

as a result unless im getting something wrong we currently have only 51 players on our 53 man roster but have elevated Geno Stone to cover for Marlon Humphrey who will become number 52 when he's allowed to return - but that still leaves 1 remaining spot (might be dez bryant's if he does well this sunday)

we also now have multiple spaces available on our practice squad to fill (but have about 6 players trying out this week so assume some of them will be signed)

Simba

Staff Member
i think it has to be mekari - literally no one else on the roster with any tackle experience at all - bredeson is like mekari but with no experience outside and Powers is literally only a guard and Colon-Castillo is also exclusively an interior OL

got to be mekari i think

The only reason I say Bredeson is because when Harbaugh was asked about Ronnie’s injury, he did specifically mention Bredeson would be active on game days now. He does at least have the size profile but it’s a pure guess. None of the options are intriguing and Holden has to be pretty bad to not get the call

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The only reason I say Bredeson is because when Harbaugh was asked about Ronnie’s injury, he did specifically mention Bredeson would be active on game days now. He does at least have the size profile but it’s a pure guess. None of the options are intriguing and Holden has to be pretty bad to not get the call

notably short arms - then again mekari has that issue too (why he was never really an option outside even as a rookie udfa)

he does have decent footwork in his college tape but unless he's secretly been practicing there all offseason (and season) not sure he'll have ever kickstepped out vs the arc - no matter how quick your feet are that's potentially an issue

swing tackle/backup tackle and tackle depth in general has been a place we're deficient since EDC took over tbh - we had james hurst and we drafted Senat but never really looked to improve or bolster that position

Simba

Staff Member
notably short arms - then again mekari has that issue too (why he was never really an option outside even as a rookie udfa)

he does have decent footwork in his college tape but unless he's secretly been practicing there all offseason (and season) not sure he'll have ever kickstepped out vs the arc - no matter how quick your feet are that's potentially an issue

swing tackle/backup tackle and tackle depth in general has been a place we're deficient since EDC took over tbh - we had james hurst and we drafted Senat but never really looked to improve or bolster that position

Agreed. None of the options are ideal so we're really grasping at straws here, but it's gotta be a pure interior guy no matter how we look at it.

Simba

Staff Member
i mean that's the easy bit lol - there's literally no other solution

let's cross our fingers and toes for orlando and dj

At least they have to be going with the idea that the best OL are going to play. I just think this really speaks volumes about Holden that we were light on Ts for a game earlier this season and he didn't get the call. Now it was a prime opportunity for him for extended time and still didn't get the call. Really makes me wonder why he's still on the PS if they don't trust him to play.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At least they have to be going with the idea that the best OL are going to play. I just think this really speaks volumes about Holden that we were light on Ts for a game earlier this season and he didn't get the call. Now it was a prime opportunity for him for extended time and still didn't get the call. Really makes me wonder why he's still on the PS if they don't trust him to play.

to have someone who knows the scheme in an absolute emergency i guess - i assume with all the spaces on the practice squad that we'll be adding at least 1 or 2 OL there to see if we cant find someone who can at least provide cover

holden seems like the sole guy on the roster who benefitted immensely from no preseason - did not get found out in the way that many UDFA Tackles do in preseason

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So we're only really down Marlon and Fort. Could've been a lot worse. Regardless I thought at the beginning of the year the colts were actually bad and pretenders. Still do. But timing has just made this harder than we'd like. I think we're the better team and we pull out the dub even through all our issues. Look for Hollywood to be targeted the first play on a screen