• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Colts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
getting bowser back is potentially huge given what the Colts do in their passing game with a heavy focus on Nyheim Hines in the flats and on screens etc and then getting it to TEs - Bowser is crucial for taking those options away from rivers
So is Humphrey...

rossihunter2

Staff Member

so that means there's now still 1 more spot available on the 53 and something like 4 spots available on the practice squad - and there's also a covid-call up still to come

im assuming will holden will be somehow involved (either that or he's really not thought of as being remotely NFL calibre) but would leave us without anyone who can obviously shift to tackle if he isnt - mekari played there in college but has not in the NFL (and also will be starting at RG i assume)

with chris moore on I/R and duvernay questionable i do wonder if this is potentially an avenue for Dez Bryant to make the 53...
alternatively might be making space for geno stone or nigel warrior idk

but right now our Practice Squad has like 4 slots available and our active roster has still about 2 spots available right now - so tons of moves still to make by tomorrow unless we're happy rolling with a 51 man roster

Simba

Staff Member

so that means there's now still 1 more spot available on the 53 and something like 4 spots available on the practice squad - and there's also a covid-call up still to come

im assuming will holden will be somehow involved (either that or he's really not thought of as being remotely NFL calibre) but would leave us without anyone who can obviously shift to tackle if he isnt - mekari played there in college but has not in the NFL (and also will be starting at RG i assume)

with chris moore on I/R and duvernay questionable i do wonder if this is potentially an avenue for Dez Bryant to make the 53...
alternatively might be making space for geno stone or nigel warrior idk

but right now our Practice Squad has like 4 slots available and our active roster has still about 2 spots available right now - so tons of moves still to make by tomorrow unless we're happy rolling with a 51 man roster

Yeah I'm curious to see who gets the PS callups this week. Technically we could have added 4 guys to the 53 with Moore going to IR, so you'd have to assume they have plans for someone in that tryout group next week or they want to see what else shakes loose before making the move. We have 51 on the 53 currently, with Humphrey obviously taking one spot when he gets cleared.

So still have up to 3 callups this week. Holden seems like a good bet, and probably at least one of the DBs (Hairston, Stone, Warrior). If I'm using all 3 I'd probably add another DB, but Dez isn't too farfetched if they feel he's ready...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I'm curious to see who gets the PS callups this week. Technically we could have added 4 guys to the 53 with Moore going to IR, so you'd have to assume they have plans for someone in that tryout group next week or they want to see what else shakes loose before making the move. We have 51 on the 53 currently, with Humphrey obviously taking one spot when he gets cleared.

So still have up to 3 callups this week. Holden seems like a good bet, and probably at least one of the DBs (Hairston, Stone, Warrior). If I'm using all 3 I'd probably add another DB, but Dez isn't too farfetched if they feel he's ready...

it just seems like they wouldnt have i/red chris moore for a muscle injury if they didnt have someone in mind to replace him and feel like they needed that 53 spot

i doubt it's a tryout person because that's not enough time to be up to speed post-tryout so seems like it would have to be someone elevated from the practice squad

Simba

Staff Member
it just seems like they wouldnt have i/red chris moore for a muscle injury if they didnt have someone in mind to replace him and feel like they needed that 53 spot

i doubt it's a tryout person because that's not enough time to be up to speed post-tryout so seems like it would have to be someone elevated from the practice squad

What I meant was the actual 53 man spot from Moore going to IR wasn't filled, so maybe they're saving that for one of the tryout guys or they want to see one of the practice squad guys (like Dez^) in action first before making a 53 man commitment.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
DEZ SZN

Simba

Staff Member
I don't have huge expectations from Dez, but it's fun at least. Nothing to lose with the offense sputtering.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't have huge expectations from Dez, but it's fun at least. Nothing to lose with the offense sputtering.

the fact that he's been elevated from the PS suggests he'll get some snaps and given his play style i doubt those snaps are on special teams

not that i expect it to be something that happens frequently but having dez on the final snap against the steelers could have been a game changer - replace boykin with him in that spot and you probably see lamar throw it to him to let him try and box out that defender

but exactly as you said - offence has been so inefficient that we lose basically nothing by trying dez and if he hits then that's a massive bonus to help kickstart this passing game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Geno Stone was the other player activated from the practice squad as a covid-callup which means it doesnt count against his 2 PS call ups either

but again it's an indicator he'll be active

there's still technically a 53 man spot available right now but im not sure we use it (unless dez was it and ive got confused - its possible that he's been added to the 53 rather than just been activated from the PS)

either way as it stands we only need 5 inactives tomorrow which i assume will be some combination of:

Trace McSorely
Mark Ingram
Broderick Washington
LJ Fort
Jihad Ward

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm no longer as salty about Dez not signing with us in 2018. I wasn't a huge fan of signing him, but I'm just a fan. A fan who roots for every man who rocks the Ravens jersey to prosper. If he catches a TD, best believe I'm throwing up the X lol.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I got a Weird feeling dez is about to go tf off, that’s just the type of player dez is, when he finally gets his chance he’s just gonna go apeshit with it.

im probably wrong but idk it’s just a feeling lol

Simba

Staff Member
Who the hell is going to be the backup T tomorrow? Clearly they do not hold a high opinion of Holden (so why is he still on the PS...) so it’s gotta be Bredeson maybe? Mekari? I hope we don’t have to find out but damn we look like shit at the T spots right now.