• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The OL Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Josh Norris - "The #Ravens are doing their homework on West Georgia T Desmond Harrison. Includes an on campus meeting and likely a workout with the team's OL coach. Harrison is an athletic T with a finisher's mentality."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Josh Norris - "The #Ravens are doing their homework on West Georgia T Desmond Harrison. Includes an on campus meeting and likely a workout with the team's OL coach. Harrison is an athletic T with a finisher's mentality."

he's definitely a late round projection - might be another guy who joe d'allesandris says to the front office that he'd love to see what he can do with him (a bit like eluemunor) - his weight is weird but he transferred from basketball and has added weight all the time - he looks a little light on film so i worry about his anchor and stuff but i imagine the idea is that you hope he can get to 310 or 315lbs without losing much of his athleticism

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's definitely a late round projection - might be another guy who joe d'allesandris says to the front office that he'd love to see what he can do with him (a bit like eluemunor) - his weight is weird but he transferred from basketball and has added weight all the time - he looks a little light on film so i worry about his anchor and stuff but i imagine the idea is that you hope he can get to 310 or 315lbs without losing much of his athleticism
Im just glad that we are using these visits on guys we might not know a lot about and not wasting them on guys like Ridley and Moore. If we dont know the ins and outs of Ridley who went to Ozzies Alma matter, and Moore who plays in our backyard then the FO isnt doing their job properly lol

Reactions: cdp

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yeah and for my money D'Alessandris has developped players even better than Castillo. Skura could also end up being a coveted guy if he keeps on getting better.
I think it's too early to tell, D'Alessandris hasn't been around long enough. Most of that development was Castillo's doing.
One thing is for sure though - Castillo should have always been an OL coach and nothing else in Baltimore.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
he's so underpowered though that i hope he doesnt hit the field...
but i agree about d'allesandris - he had an even harder job than castillo had with the ravens last year and he still turned the ravens OL unit into a top 10 unit despite all those injuries
I just read Miller's SR about Skura and he said the power was there. And watching the tape, the power clearly is there! That's what people refuse to see with Skura.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think it's too early to tell, D'Alessandris hasn't been around long enough. Most of that development was Castillo's doing.
One thing is for sure though - Castillo should have always been an OL coach and nothing else in Baltimore.
Yes, you're 100% correct on this one. I just can't help but feel he's helped a lot of guys developp given what we saw last year.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i saw him getting pushed into the backfield a lot - he's fine but i dont see the anchor from him that would lead me to believe he's anything but a pinch starter in the long term
Anchor is very different from power. I actually have yet to watch him pass block. Run block? He's good.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Late round option that has some inconsistency issues, but has elite length with some really nice athleticism.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and that was his downfall

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Speaking of D'Alessandris, was he the one that was reported saying "thats my guy" when we drafted Eleumenor?
not sure, but I have a feeling he takes a big step in year two. Not saying he starts, but we are going to see major improvement this year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yes, you're 100% correct on this one. I just can't help but feel he's helped a lot of guys developp given what we saw last year.
I think it's a combination of what he did and what Roman brings to the table. They obviously work well together and know exactly what they want.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I haven't seen much of him but would he work as a potential C?
No one can tell because C asks you certain things that we just don't know how he'd fare with. But physically, from what his tape showed, he could make a heck of a C if he adapts to the position.