• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The OL Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
So now I know why I couldn't put McGlinchey higher on my board: his hands are not heavy at all. His punch is well coordinated and placed but there's just no pop in his hands. All his strength comes from his core and lower body, and that's why he can run block so well. But in pass pro he's 100% counting on his anchor and ability to reset his feet.

He's a really good prospect but I wonder if he can fix that, otherwise he won't get away with it in the NFL...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
So now I know why I couldn't put McGlinchey higher on my board: his hands are not heavy at all. His punch is well coordinated and placed but there's just no pop in his hands. All his strength comes from his core and lower body, and that's why he can run block so well. But in pass pro he's 100% counting on his anchor and ability to reset his feet.

He's a really good prospect but I wonder if he can fix that, otherwise he won't get away with it in the NFL...
Ya theres no question Mcglinchey needs to get stronger. Everyone here seems to see Mcglinchey as a top 15 player just because hes the drafts best Olineman. Hes not even top 25 on a lot of analysts boards too. His film is inconsistent at times. He didnt have a great game vs Miami if you want to see

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ya theres no question Mcglinchey needs to get stronger. Everyone here seems to see Mcglinchey as a top 15 player just because hes the drafts best Olineman. Hes not even top 25 on a lot of analysts boards too. His film is inconsistent at times. He didnt have a great game vs Miami if you want to see
Best OT you mean...I hope lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

his technique is so strong and easy - i think for me i see a lot of analysts having him lower on the board because they dont necessarily see him as a successful left tackle but i genuinely think at right tackle he will be a monster

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
his technique is so strong and easy - i think for me i see a lot of analysts having him lower on the board because they dont necessarily see him as a successful left tackle but i genuinely think at right tackle he will be a monster
Ya this is true. Hence why he should be available for us at 16. Im just not sold he will be BPA or we wont recieve better value by trading down

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Like I said his punch is so weak it worries me...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
He could always add upper body strength through a work regimen in an nfl level weight room.
It's not really the upper body, really his forearm and his hands. I honestly have no idea if that is fixable in a weight room.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
he's so accurate with his hand placement that he doesnt necessarily need to dominate someone with a punch:

watch this rep vs chubb...

https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/status/981970733029965824
That's where I disagree. For one rep like that there are a lot that show my concern. That hit me when I was watching the Stanford game. I could try to show some plays to illustrate. I wish he could slow guys down with his hands but he can't. His hands are effective when he has completely shut the initial rush down.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This could be the first draft in years where an OT doesn't get picked in the top ten. Could possibly be the first one ever where a guard goes before an OT. At least the first in a very long time.

Personally, I'd rank Nelson, Price, Hernandez, and Wynn over all the tackles.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This could be the first draft in years where an OT doesn't get picked in the top ten. Could possibly be the first one ever where a guard goes before an OT. At least the first in a very long time.

There was no top ten OT last year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

It didn’t happen last yr either