• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 5 Edition

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The good: Basically everything. Flacco looks like he had a bounce back game. Offense was firing. Collins played well. Pees called a pretty good game. Players look to be returning from injury next week. Defense played well overall

The bad: Run defense without Brandon Williams.

The ugly: Marty's playcalling in the third quarter. Injuries

RavensDFan

Veteran
The good: Beginning the day watching the Steelers not only lose, but get booed off the field at Home.
The even better: The offense deciding to join us this season..
The best: Pitt holds the tie breaker over us but, we've drawn even again.
The ugliest: Marty's play calling.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The incredible: 143 rushing yards, ZERO sacks against that Mack and his guts. HELL YEA. I've said this line isn't that bad haha. oh, and we did it IN OAKLAND ACROSS THE COAST. And flaccos streak was broke.
The good: the run defense rallied and held lunch to I think 7 yards on his last 7 carries
Also, we got lucky and the bears play a division opponent on Monday night before coming to balt. Not bad. Also perriman had a big first down maybe he will gain confidence
Okay: Marion got thrown in the fire and didn't do awful. He had one bad drive but he gave Jimmy needed rest.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Good: Good play calling except 3rd qtr, @RayRayRaven s enthusiasm, Flacco not throwing an interception, oline Protection
The Bad: Run D without Williams, not using Collins inside 10 yard line
The Ugly: West’s calf injury

Got to give the Oline some love. They held their own even after losing another player. 0 sacks on flacco.

Wallace had a huge game.
And Flacco finally trusted his online just like he said he would.
Good game overall.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Still want to see Collins get more carries and for the love of God throw Breshad the ball. He was open numerous times today.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Also, great game plan by Peeves. Take away Carr messing up and we hold them under 10. 3 sacks against that line and a mobile qb is also pretty nice.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also - Henry batting down all those balls the past two weeks is a thing of beauty.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Good: Wallace, Collins, no picks, fumble return

Bad: gave up big runs, injuries

The Good: Joe was on the money and looked comfortable, looked like his old self. WRs were making plays. The run game was great. Jimmy Smith continues his amazing season, I don't think a catch was made in his vicinity, dude looks amazing. Offensive Line played a great game and contained Mack. Also controlled the ground game and did a magnificent job.

The Bad: Defense still has some holes that need work. Brandon Williams needs to return but I don't think the run D was bad, I think they were held to 4.3 YPC and 108 yards which is solid, but in addition to that their longest run went for 14 yards. I think once BW returns we're going to stuff runs consistently.

Special shoutout to Willie Henry, he played a great game today and I personally believe that he's going to be a special player for us, I can't wait to see him around Pierce, and Williams.