• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 5 Edition

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think a lot of the credit to the OL can be attributed to Stanley being 4 games past an injury. Seems to be his number. Had 4 down games last year upon returning as well.

Jensen was excellent today, constantly knocking guys on their ass in the second level.

Wallace is catching fire

I can't blame harbaugh for not giving Collins the ball in the red zone. If there's anywhere you don't want a fumble it's inside of either 20.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Great win. I was totally wrong. Hopefully B Williams can play next week and also Hill.

Oline should get game ball

Perriman needs to get ball more

Humphrey needs to start over Carr

Need to get Bwill back

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Whose O line did we steal and put it to play today?
Does anybody remember Ravens game in which we made less penalties?
Looks like Buck realised he should stop tap dancing every time he gets the ball - he ran really weel in the 4th.
No INTs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Henry is a keeper.
Flacco to Wallace long was beautiful to watch.
Stopped Cooper but Crabtree owned Marlon (couple push offs but still).
Need to build on this one.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Flacco looked almost like his old self. A little more air on the second bomb to Wallace and that might have been a score. Watson dropped one he should have caught, but other than that I don't remember seeing a drop? Hopefully we build on this. I'm not going to not worry about Flacco until I see more consistency week in and week out but it was nice to see a pretty complete game from him

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The good: Flacco ending his INT streak and not committing costly turnovers. The run game and Allen and Collins combo. Go route success on first play.
The bad: Injuries and the run defense.
The ugly: Not targeting Perriman when he was wide open all game and throwing to him when he was going to get killed!

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
Every week is different, isn't it?
The Good - All the players but especially the O line. Flacco's return to form. Onwausor getting the start ahead of Correa. Jensen, Hurst and Stanley's run blocking.
The Bad - Marty's too conservative play calling in the 3rd quarter could have let them back into it. The secondary played too far off their receivers in the second half. More injuries to Davis, West and Skura.
The Ugly - Well, Kelechi Osmele isn't a looker.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't speak on anything....just yet! I was out so I missed the game but have it recorded. I'll watch it first thing in the morning and then come back and give my take on it. However, I am grateful for the "W" of course, but could you guys/gals tell me how the offense looked and Flacco in particular? I smoked him badly last week and would like to give him praise where it is due. Let me know.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
The Good: Slight improvement on offense but still an average performance against a middling defense-

Finally taking shots downfield, although offense did not play great today, the Raiders defense is middling and would be one of the worst without Kahlil Mack. Take away the 2 bombs to Wallace and Flacco has 100+ scoreless yards, and finished with 220 scoreless yds on the game. That is not good passing by any stretch considering we almost blew a big lead in the 3rd Q, and should've been stuffing the stat sheet. Run game continues to be average/nothing special IMO and it sucks Alex Collins can't pass protect and be our workhorse bc Buck Allen and West are both plodders.

The Bad: Defense

For some reason we do not have a single clue or even a percentage of a clue how to cover Michael Crabtree, I guess you could say we focus on Cooper and let our #2/3 cover Crabtree but dude dropped 3Tds on us last year, would have had 2-3 today if Carr was throwing to him, and made Marlon Humphrey look childish on multiple plays

We invested our entire offseason on defense and play like trash outside of making plays, turnovers are great but the fact that we can't stop the run and get gashed on passing plays is going to hurt with Aaron Rodgers, BigBen, Minnesota Offense, Mathew Stafford and Dalton-A.j. green still left on the schedule.

My biggest problem on D is by far Eric Weddle, dude acts like he's been drafted in Baltimore, is held to the highest standard(way too overrated) and makes atleast 2-3 TERRIBLE rookie plays per game...missed tackles, poor coverage, yet he is supposedly one of our leaders hahaha Ed Reed is laughing somewhere.

Brandon Williams really needs to get healthy and start anchoring our D-line that might be without Carl Davis against Jordan Howard next week.

The Ugly: Marty Mornewhig-

Even if the Ravens out up 750yds and 10TDs on O one of these games, the ugly will always be Mornewhig. Dude is flatout mediocre, period. We will never make waves in the post season with this guy in charge of our offense. We are 5 games in and are right at the bottom with the Browns as far as offensive production goes, and this guy continues to call terrible plays, racks up more negative yardage gains than practically any other team, yet since he's Harbaughs blood brother he gets a pass.

So yay! We beat yet another easy team with injuries and a bad defense! This means absolutely ZERO

Still waiting on a stout defense that we paid for, still waiting for an offensive explosion that we are capable of outside of mornewhigs garbage antics. But honestly it may never come.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I can't speak on anything....just yet! I was out so I missed the game but have it recorded. I'll watch it first thing in the morning and then come back and give my take on it. However, I am grateful for the "W" of course, but could you guys/gals tell me how the offense looked and Flacco in particular? I smoked him badly last week and would like to give him praise where it is due. Let me know.

Imagine like 2010 or 2011 Joe. Stepped into most throws, very accurate even on his deep throws he was spot on with pretty much every one, one was slightly under but still easily caught , it just might have been a touchdown if it had traveled further. He was pretty mobile and extended some plays, one one near pick I remember , but wasn't terrible decision just a slightly overthrown ball, defender was going for the hit so he couldn't make a play on it anyways. He looked like classic Joe, not flashy with the stats but reliable and making plays , taking what is given to him and hitting those deep passes

K-Dog

MVP
Hey anyone seen Sami?

I can't see Sami ;) ^_^

And everyone else who said we would lose out.

I thought we would lose.
I mean considering the past two games it was hardly out of the question.
Either way I had us losing this one when the schedule came out anyway. I actually had us at 3-2 at this point. ( losing to Pitt in addition to today )

Good: The Ravens played as good as they could all things considered. We are on third string and back up players against a decent team. There is a lot to be proud of today.

GREAT: 0 sacks on Flacco. Flacco rarely hurried. O-Line came to work today ready to go. One penalty on the Ravens. ( when is the last time that happened ? )
Willie Henry. Zero turnovers. ^_^ Nice job team.

BAD injures. Sweet baby Jesus, please look after what is left of our team.
Brandon Williams being out.

UGLY : The commentators. All those damn trips down memory lane talking about the past. Be social later fellas. There is a football game going on. Go do your job.

K-Dog

MVP
I think Joe EARNED back a decent amount of your respect today. Not all. Some at least.

Whose O line did we steal and put it to play today?
Does anybody remember Ravens game in which we made less penalties?
Looks like Buck realised he should stop tap dancing every time he gets the ball - he ran really weel in the 4th.
No INTs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Henry is a keeper.
Flacco to Wallace long was beautiful to watch.
Stopped Cooper but Crabtree owned Marlon (couple push offs but still).
Need to build on this one.
Ehhhhh...Dude is their #1 receiver easily so he's going to get force fed the ball. I mean if a rookie can hold their best receiver to under like 50 yards while being pushed off; I'll take that every day of the week. Crabtree didn't get shit when he actually had to make a play downfield against Marlon.