• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 5 Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m excited for Hill to come back but I think we need to keep our expectations low. He’s a rookie coming off an injury and he hasn’t played in weeks, I’m not so sure that he’s just going to come in and immediately take Webb’s snaps. I hope he does. And I think he will eventually, but I’d give him a few weeks to get acclimated
That’s why he was inactive last week, but I agree.

RavensDFan

Veteran
The more I see these scenarios, the more annoyed I get lol. I'm at the point where I hate seeing it because I start to stress over which teams are still in the hunt. Then, I'll start looking at their schedules and try to analyze our "seeding" if we win and other teams lose and vice versa. LMAO, I can't do it anymore!

LOL Sorry, I just found it amusing and even more so when I realized the Steelers were the #3 seed so we'd be playing them.

Marty’s play calling through most of the day was on point. Was it perfect, no. Was it off in the third qtr, absolutely, but many plays were well designed.
I agree with that statement, his 3rd quarter was just so poor that it very well could have meant the game so I ranted. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The most important return will be that of B. Williams for the Minnesota game. I don't see us doing too well against their rush attack without him plugging up the middle. Also, Sam Bradford better stay injured till then!

Against the Bears, Maxx Williams will be active and help out with protection and Jaylen Hill too may spell Webby. I can't wait for him to be a ball hawk for the Ravens.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The most important return will be that of B. Williams for the Minnesota game. I don't see us doing too well against their rush attack without him plugging up the middle. Also, Sam Bradford better stay injured till then!

Against the Bears, Maxx Williams will be active and help out with protection and Jaylen Hill too may spell Webby. I can't wait for him to be a ball hawk for the Ravens.
yeah. That rush attack that lost the stud rookie RB is so intimidating.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean mckinnon has been getting good yardage but only outside the edges... he's really not done much between the tackles right into the heart of the defence
Yes but the issue you discount is with Williams plugging up the middle along with Pierce, it allows all the linebackers including the inside LBers to run free for tackles even if the edge isn't set very well. It does help contain even the outside runs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes but the issue you discount is with Williams plugging up the middle along with Pierce, it allows all the linebackers including the inside LBers to run free for tackles even if the edge isn't set very well. It does help contain even the outside runs.
Yep, there is no quetion our defense has had to adjust for the lack of Brandon Williams across the board. Having Williams will definitely help, even the outside runs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Yep, there is no quetion our defense has had to adjust for the lack of Brandon Williams across the board. Having Williams will definitely help, even the outside runs.

that of course is all true - but i wouldnt describe the bears oline as being anywhere near the abilities of the browns, steelers or raiders or even (surprisingly) the jags - it does have to be said that our dline has faced four of the current best olines in football

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
that of course is all true - but i wouldnt describe the bears oline as being anywhere near the abilities of the browns, steelers or raiders or even (surprisingly) the jags - it does have to be said that our dline has faced four of the current best olines in football
On any given Sunday any NFL team can look like the best there is. Remember prior to the Jags game, how reviled our O-line was? Just like the Bears are now? If that doesn't send a sobering demeanor to all of us, then nothing will and we can continue drinking the purple koolaid.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My point is any O-line is a function of time together and game planning. Just because they're trash in one game doesn't mean they're trash the next....
True, this was also why I didn’t like alternating Skura and Eluemenor. They need to build chemistry together.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
On the bright side I think our D played a good game minus one missed tackle that led to a big run in OT. Apart from that the Bears were mostly held in check. Bad game from the safeties though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
On the bright side I think our D played a good game minus one missed tackle that led to a big run in OT. Apart from that the Bears were mostly held in check. Bad game from the safeties though.
There really isn’t a bright side to this game. We lost to the Bears, a game we had to win. That’s it. Yeah the safeties were off today and were a big part of the run and the Cohen TD pass.

We also allowed too many long first and second downs on the ground allowing for short 2nd and 3rd downs. The Bears didn’t have many 3 and outs. They had way too many first downs for a team playing two wr who had never started a game and a rookie qb playing his first game on the road. Not a good game all around.