• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Chicago

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yet another easy matchup on paper and a a great opportunity to tack on some easy wins before the bye, we got the Bears, Vikings (Tough), Dolphins, and the Mariota-less Titans before the bye. If we continue to improve and get and STAY healthy we should be able to go 6-3 /5-4.

Then the schedule will test us and see if we got what it takes to be a true contender this year- @GreenBay, Houston, Detroit, @Pitt.

If we make it through that tough stretch we finish out with easy games against Cleveland and Cincy.

Hopefully BWill returns and our run D improves because Jordan Howard is a stud. Who knows how Trubisky turns out, maybe he lights it up tomorrow night and breaks out, all signs would say otherwise so I think our defense will be able to force some turnovers and hold Howard and company to 10-20 pts. I see us winning and hopefully gaining more consistency and confidence on Offense.

And we have no film on Trubisky.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
And we have no film on Trubisky.
We dont really need film. Their offense shiuld be the same with Glennon or Trubisky. Trubisky doesnt have much game experience since he only played 13 career college games. Dean pees should be creative and give him looks hes never seen before. We have to take advantage of thkse rookie mistakes he will make.

Pro Football Focus makes no sense to me. So, Per PFF, Jimmy has given up just seven catches for 69 yards in five games. He hasn’t allowed a touchdown and has one interception. Opponents have had a 30.5 quarterback rating when throwing in Smith’s direction.

Yet, he's the 22nd ranked CB in the league.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I feel like we are gonna lose without brandon Williams. I don't see us stopping Howard and cohen(my pound the table player) consistently without him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pro Football Focus makes no sense to me. So, Per PFF, Jimmy has given up just seven catches for 69 yards in five games. He hasn’t allowed a touchdown and has one interception. Opponents have had a 30.5 quarterback rating when throwing in Smith’s direction.

Quality of competition could be a big factor. Pff goes real deep with their metrics, if he was facing average-below average WRs and weak qbs(which he has) then it may hurt his ranking.

Not sure, just a guess

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I feel like we are gonna lose without brandon Williams. I don't see us stopping Howard and cohen(my pound the table player) consistently without him
I think the team will be fine the Bears don't have many receiving threats. As long as they contain Cohen they can limit what Howard does on the ground. But the team definitely needs to watch out for Trubisky. All players better be watching the game tonight.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

How many times has he been targeted?

Quality of competition could be a big factor. Pff goes real deep with their metrics, if he was facing average-below average WRs and weak qbs(which he has) then it may hurt his ranking.

Not sure, just a guess
I didn't know they did their grades like that but to his credit Antonio Brown and AJ Green are the top two receivers right now in the NFL and they gave him high remarks for his game against Jacksonville so it doesn't make sense to me how he's the #22 ranked CB, of course the QBs we've faced aren't that great.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
weak qbs maybe but its not like he also hasnt faced brown/bryant, green and in limited play this week cooper/crabtree
but jimmy doesnt shadow, he can easily be schemed around if you prefer to throw at brandon carr, now in the future, you may have to target humphrey, which probably wont be much easier. so soon teams will have to target jimmy, and hes gonna get picks