• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What a mess. This is going to be an ugly game whether it's played between scrubs or whether big name guys eventually play in a post-covid haze of fatigue.

I think it would be comical and rather enjoyable to watch the practice squads go at it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is absolutely hilarious! Not the COVID part, but the hypocrisy. Apparently what the Steelers fans were saying about us doesn’t apply to them! Fakest undefeated team I’ve ever seen and the fans are such idiots.

Simba

Staff Member
6 more to the list. We now have 3 defensive lineman and 6 offensive lineman eligible for Tuesday. Can’t imagine we can play right now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not over anytime soon

we dont know for sure whether the 6 new additions to the list are close contacts or positive cases but at this point it's unlikely to be close contacts given they've all been isolating

it also puts the total number of players on the Covid-reserve list at 20

here's the list:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Like I said, might as well play this on Madden. If you ever wanted to see what we look liked in tank mode, whatever we trot out on the field with will be exactly that.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
6 more to the list. We now have 3 defensive lineman and 6 offensive lineman eligible for Tuesday. Can’t imagine we can play right now.

Week 18 is looking more and more realistic

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Now apparently Santa Clara County has new restrictions that hurt the 49ers and away teams who have to travel to San Fran to play.

COVID about to wreck the rest of the season.

no idea if any of this is true but if it is that's a worrying level of brazen disregard for the protocols while there's literally an outbreak on the team

im hoping it's not true (no idea which players she's referring to) but if it is true that's a pretty awful look

Yeah it's important to verify whether or not it even happened and also when. I've posted years old photos on social media before. It could be something like that.
The players could also be someone like Ronnie Stanley whose season ended before the outbreak.

But you know, everyone did say that covid would explode after Thanksgiving gatherings so these two teams might be the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah it's important to verify whether or not it even happened and also when. I've posted years old photos on social media before. It could be something like that.
The players could also be someone like Ronnie Stanley whose season ended before the outbreak.

But you know, everyone did say that covid would explode after Thanksgiving gatherings so these two teams might be the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

she did specify that at least one of the players was one of the ones who went on the list today (so im assuming one of those 6 guys)

btw it sounds like Ferguson, Fluker and washington were close contacts and not positives

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
All of the Broncos QB’s are out due to Covid . They still plan on playing .wow .

Maybe it’s time to temporarily suspend play for two weeks .

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
she did specify that at least one of the players was one of the ones who went on the list today (so im assuming one of those 6 guys)

btw it sounds like Ferguson, Fluker and washington were close contacts and not positives
Are we going to have enough position players to play ?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Are we going to have enough position players to play ?

i mean barely right now - taking into account every possible available player i think we're currently looking at a roster of 52 available players but we know there's at least 1 more rapid positive that will likely get confirmed tomorrow (unlikely to be a false positive) and it seems right now that with everyday we're losing more players to the covid-list

then again it looks like the broncos are being asked to play with all 4 QBs unavailable so who knows what would happen
- at the moment we have only 3 DL available for the Steelers game (Derek Wolfe - who's got some sort of illness... which is fairly ominous, justin ellis and PS Aaron Crawford)

offensive line is looking even more problematic right now: we've only got 6 and only 1 tackle...
i think our starting OL would look like this... maybe

Orlando Brown, Bradley Bozeman, Trystan Colon-Castillo, Ben Powers, Ben Bredeson - the only other OL available is R Prince who might have technically played tackle for us in a preseason game before so maybe you'd swap him in for Bredeson (or whoever the spare guy is decided to be out of TCC and Bredeson)

potentially we can bring Tyre Phillips back but he hasnt practiced in 3 weeks and might not be fully recovered

Luke Wilson btw at TE is listed with an illness just like Derek Wolfe so no idea whether that's non-covid or whether it's a placeholder while they wait to confirm

Simba

Staff Member
i mean barely right now - taking into account every possible available player i think we're currently looking at a roster of 52 available players but we know there's at least 1 more rapid positive that will likely get confirmed tomorrow (unlikely to be a false positive) and it seems right now that with everyday we're losing more players to the covid-list

then again it looks like the broncos are being asked to play with all 4 QBs unavailable so who knows what would happen
- at the moment we have only 3 DL available for the Steelers game (Derek Wolfe - who's got some sort of illness... which is fairly ominous, justin ellis and PS Aaron Crawford)

offensive line is looking even more problematic right now: we've only got 6 and only 1 tackle...
i think our starting OL would look like this... maybe

Orlando Brown, Bradley Bozeman, Trystan Colon-Castillo, Ben Powers, Ben Bredeson - the only other OL available is R Prince who might have technically played tackle for us in a preseason game before so maybe you'd swap him in for Bredeson (or whoever the spare guy is decided to be out of TCC and Bredeson)

potentially we can bring Tyre Phillips back but he hasnt practiced in 3 weeks and might not be fully recovered

Luke Wilson btw at TE is listed with an illness just like Derek Wolfe so no idea whether that's non-covid or whether it's a placeholder while they wait to confirm

Looks like we're just going to have to make it work with what we've got - the Broncos are playing tomorrow with 0 QBs.

DL is going to be a disaster. Not that it's super easy, but expect a lot of nickel/4-3 looks since we at least have the depth to get by at DE/Edge and ILB.

OL might be okay. I'd imagine Phillips gets activated regardless, even if it's an emergency situation only. Jake Rodgers should have time to get through protocols at this point at least, and might also be an emergency option as well with literally only a day or two with the playbook. Prince is listed as a G but played T for us last preseason so maybe he gets the start or is the backup? Regardless, that sucks too.

TE will be interesting. That Willson designation is ominous, especially since he's a PS guy who technically doesn't even have to be on the injury report. I'm not sure if they have any foundation, but there are rumors Andrews might head to the list tomorrow, so we could play with Eric Tomlinson and Sean Culkin lol

I might regret saying this, but it's crazy that WRs, ILBs and DBs have largely been untouched.

Wasn't Tavon Young among those players? His season has been over for a long time. I think there was another guy who was already on IR too that just moved to covid reserve.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looks like we're just going to have to make it work with what we've got - the Broncos are playing tomorrow with 0 QBs.

DL is going to be a disaster. Not that it's super easy, but expect a lot of nickel/4-3 looks since we at least have the depth to get by at DE/Edge and ILB.

OL might be okay. I'd imagine Phillips gets activated regardless, even if it's an emergency situation only. Jake Rodgers should have time to get through protocols at this point at least, and might also be an emergency option as well with literally only a day or two with the playbook. Prince is listed as a G but played T for us last preseason so maybe he gets the start or is the backup? Regardless, that sucks too.

TE will be interesting. That Willson designation is ominous, especially since he's a PS guy who technically doesn't even have to be on the injury report. I'm not sure if they have any foundation, but there are rumors Andrews might head to the list tomorrow, so we could play with Eric Tomlinson and Sean Culkin lol

I might regret saying this, but it's crazy that WRs, ILBs and DBs have largely been untouched.

oh i get that - i think if we somehow ended up with not enough OL to field even a 5 then the NFL might have a problem - because that becomes potentially a safety issue if we physically dont have enough bodies to play that position - it'd be un-safe/dangerous to have non-OL playing OL in the trenches on a down-by-down basis but right now we've got enough so this is purely hypothetical

outside of that happening to the OL or the ravens physically not having enough people to reasonably field a team safely then i dont see how we wont be playing as long as the positive tests abate (which there arent any signs of that happening right now)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
All of the Broncos QB’s are out due to Covid . They still plan on playing .wow .

Maybe it’s time to temporarily suspend play for two weeks .

Thank you ! The NFL has so much flexibility. Who cares if the Super Bowl is played in April if need be