• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

Simba

Staff Member
Thank you ! The NFL has so much flexibility. Who cares if the Super Bowl is played in April if need be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why the NFL is so deadset on playing to the normal schedule right now. The Ravens definitely have it the worst right now, but nearly every team around the league is struggling right now. They really need to take a pause and hope to get things straightened out. The optics are so bad right now, but the almighty $ speaks.

Also get your shit together USA we managed to play an entire season of Rugby, Rugby League and Aussie Rules without any major issues.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also get your shit together USA we managed to play an entire season of Rugby, Rugby League and Aussie Rules without any major issues.

Lol calm down guy the population of Australia is 14 million less than the state of California alone . Not comparable

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
2 starters - the rumour (as you say and ive seen around twitter) is that 1 is Mark Andrews (which given his type 1 diabetes is potentially a big issue) - wonder who the other starter could be

It’s official Mark Andrews has tested positive

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
So this is what our current roster looks like:
2 OLBs: Yannick and Bowser
2 Dls: Ellis and Wolfe.
On Covid IR: Lamar & McSorley, JK, Ingram, Andrews, Ricard, Mekari, Skura, HOlden, Cox, Fluker, Calais, BWill, Judon, McPhee, Ward, Turd, Madubuike and Washington.
On regular IR: Stanley, Boyle, Tavon, Averett, Dorsey, Iman.

If we win this game, idk but this will be even bigger than 2015.

Simba

Staff Member
Because it just keeps getting funnier at this point, here's a look at what the 48 could look like on Tuesday after the latest additions...

QB (2): Griffin, McSorley/Huntley (McSorley could be cleared in time)
RB (3): Edwards, Hill, T. Williams
WR (6): Brown, Bryant, Duvernay, Snead, Boykin, Proche
TE (3): Willson, Tomlinson, Culkin
OL (8): Brown, Bozeman, Colon-Castillo, Powers, Fluker (CC), Bredeson, Phillips, Prince/Rodgers
DL (4): Wolfe, Ellis, Washington (CC), Crawford
OLB (5): Ngakoue, Bowser, Ferguson (CC), Adeoye, Rivers
ILB (5): Queen, Board, Fort, Harrison, Welch
CB (4): Humphrey, Peters, Smith, T. Williams
S (5): Clark, Elliott, Levine, Richards, Stone
ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Moore

Only guy on the 53 that's not here right now is Davontae Harris, and that's largely because we just need depth at TE and the front 7 just to get by.

Ty'Son Williams, Eric Tomlinson, Sean Culkin, Trystan Colon-Castillo, RJ Prince/Jake Rodgers, Aaron Crawford, Aaron Adeoye, Chauncey Rivers, and Nick Moore all virtually guaranteed to make their Ravens debut.

Nate Brooks, Pierre Desir, Nate Hairston, Jaylon Moore, and Nigel Warrior are the only PS guys that don't make sense really, because DB and WR have remained largely untouched.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Because it just keeps getting funnier at this point, here's a look at what the 48 could look like on Tuesday after the latest additions...

QB (2): Griffin, McSorley/Huntley (McSorley could be cleared in time)
RB (3): Edwards, Hill, T. Williams
WR (6): Brown, Bryant, Duvernay, Snead, Boykin, Proche
TE (3): Willson, Tomlinson, Culkin
OL (8): Brown, Bozeman, Colon-Castillo, Powers, Fluker (CC), Bredeson, Phillips, Prince/Rodgers
DL (4): Wolfe, Ellis, Washington (CC), Crawford
OLB (5): Ngakoue, Bowser, Ferguson (CC), Adeoye, Rivers
ILB (5): Queen, Board, Fort, Harrison, Welch
CB (4): Humphrey, Peters, Smith, T. Williams
S (5): Clark, Elliott, Levine, Richards, Stone
ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Moore

Only guy on the 53 that's not here right now is Davontae Harris, and that's largely because we just need depth at TE and the front 7 just to get by.

Ty'Son Williams, Eric Tomlinson, Sean Culkin, Trystan Colon-Castillo, RJ Prince/Jake Rodgers, Aaron Crawford, Aaron Adeoye, Chauncey Rivers, and Nick Moore all virtually guaranteed to make their Ravens debut.

Nate Brooks, Pierre Desir, Nate Hairston, Jaylon Moore, and Nigel Warrior are the only PS guys that don't make sense really, because DB and WR have remained largely untouched.

my guess is it would only be one of adeoye or rivers and that harris would be activated but either way not sure it makes a huge difference lol

Simba

Staff Member
my guess is it would only be one of adeoye or rivers and that harris would be activated but either way not sure it makes a huge difference lol

Honestly I'm just matching up as close as I can to what our typical game day roster would look like, but yeah, it doesn't really matter.

With Judon down now, I'd think Adeoye has the leg up. I know he worked at SLB last year and I'd think they'd take that versatility tomorrow, but does it really matter?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I'm just matching up as close as I can to what our typical game day roster would look like, but yeah, it doesn't really matter.

With Judon down now, I'd think Adeoye has the leg up. I know he worked at SLB last year and I'd think they'd take that versatility tomorrow, but does it really matter?

i think the thing to remember is that it likely doesnt mean we have the same roster makeup or rotation - it just means better players at rotational positions will play more which is why i think we only see 1 guy elevated (unless Ferguson can't go) because we likely see Bowser, Ngakoue and Ferguson take almost all of the snaps and occasionally be spelled

I guess it also depends on whether they actually like the PS DL Crawford at all - if they dont then i think its likely we see both OLB because they'll want Crawford off the field as much as possible...

it's hard to figure out what our offensive playcalling plan would be right now lol - it seems easy to say the WR corps is fully intact so that has to be our option - but remembering that they've been the last functional group on offence this year even while fully healthy - you have to wonder if we need 3 TEs at all given that we wont necessarily use them that much unless we've decided that we're just going to run the ball and see what happens

Simba

Staff Member
i think the thing to remember is that it likely doesnt mean we have the same roster makeup or rotation - it just means better players at rotational positions will play more which is why i think we only see 1 guy elevated (unless Ferguson can't go) because we likely see Bowser, Ngakoue and Ferguson take almost all of the snaps and occasionally be spelled

I guess it also depends on whether they actually like the PS DL Crawford at all - if they dont then i think its likely we see both OLB because they'll want Crawford off the field as much as possible...

it's hard to figure out what our offensive playcalling plan would be right now lol - it seems easy to say the WR corps is fully intact so that has to be our option - but remembering that they've been the last functional group on offence this year even while fully healthy - you have to wonder if we need 3 TEs at all given that we wont necessarily use them that much unless we've decided that we're just going to run the ball and see what happens

There's no saying what we're actually going to do here lol. We have a whole bunch of not NFL level players that are going to be forced to play - pretty much our entire PS, sans the WR and DBs. Several of them will have 0 practices logged with the team and are still going to be forced to be out there.

I guess the one "positive" here is that most of the guys on the COVID list are starters and not ST contributors, so it should mean more opportunities for those guys. Ideally, most of the PS guys don't play any snaps if you can help it, unless the score gets out of hand.

I'm all about trying to win, but part me thinks they should go with some vanilla ass playbook and just try to make it by as healthy as possible.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There's no saying what we're actually going to do here lol. We have a whole bunch of not NFL level players that are going to be forced to play - pretty much our entire PS, sans the WR and DBs. Several of them will have 0 practices logged with the team and are still going to be forced to be out there.

I guess the one "positive" here is that most of the guys on the COVID list are starters and not ST contributors, so it should mean more opportunities for those guys. Ideally, most of the PS guys don't play any snaps if you can help it, unless the score gets out of hand.

I'm all about trying to win, but part me thinks they should go with some vanilla ass playbook and just try to make it by as healthy as possible.

yeah - it should be said that the PS guys will have mostly had tons of practices with the ravens at least - obviously none of the new(er) guys will have but most of them have been with the ravens for most of the year so at least playbook and scheme-wise they aren't going to be struggling - it's just a pure talent deficiency we'll be operating with for the mostpart

the only position where that's not true is probably tight end

Simba

Staff Member
yeah - it should be said that the PS guys will have mostly had tons of practices with the ravens at least - obviously none of the new(er) guys will have but most of them have been with the ravens for most of the year so at least playbook and scheme-wise they aren't going to be struggling - it's just a pure talent deficiency we'll be operating with for the mostpart

the only position where that's not true is probably tight end

And TE is conveniently one of the most complex positions on the team. Eric Tomlinson is probably your closest thing to Boyle and/or Ricard and they both have a ton of responsibilities. Going to have to simplify that a ton it looks like.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And TE is conveniently one of the most complex positions on the team. Eric Tomlinson is probably your closest thing to Boyle and/or Ricard and they both have a ton of responsibilities. Going to have to simplify that a ton it looks like.

which is why counter-intuitively (to what many would expect) I don't think we're going to be running the ball much - our running concepts rely on so much motion and chemistry etc. and the TE is basically the key player in those run concepts

our passing game is naturally much more vanilla but also is full of players who've actually been on the roster all year so is likely to be way more advanced in terms of the playbook and scheme (albeit many could argue the passing game has been too simple all year anyway lol)

we dont have ricard or boyle like you say so I dont see how we could run the ball at all tbh - if it was Lamar Jackson at QB not RGIII I think it would be an absolute no brainer that we'd be passing a ton more than usual and I honestly don't think that should change with RGIII at QB

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was wondering how long the NFL could make it before things started to get alittle out of hand.

Simba

Staff Member
which is why counter-intuitively (to what many would expect) I don't think we're going to be running the ball much - our running concepts rely on so much motion and chemistry etc. and the TE is basically the key player in those run concepts

our passing game is naturally much more vanilla but also is full of players who've actually been on the roster all year so is likely to be way more advanced in terms of the playbook and scheme (albeit many could argue the passing game has been too simple all year anyway lol)

we dont have ricard or boyle like you say so I dont see how we could run the ball at all tbh - if it was Lamar Jackson at QB not RGIII I think it would be an absolute no brainer that we'd be passing a ton more than usual and I honestly don't think that should change with RGIII at QB

We're just going to try to make it out alive. That's what I'd do. Winning is nice but being realistic is also nice. We're less talented than the Jets currently.