• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We're just going to try to make it out alive. That's what I'd do. Winning is nice but being realistic is also nice. We're less talented than the Jets currently.
were still far more taelented than the jets lol, our secondary alone holds more talent than their entire team

rossihunter2

Staff Member

this thread is pretty damning of NFL comments about containment of the outbreak - it does need to be said that incubation is normally thought of as potentially between 5-14 days not 5 days maximum which seems to be what the NFL is making all of its decisions based on

thread by Mark Andrews's brother who is a urologist of some kind...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

this seems like an extraordinarily bad idea - we've not had a single day without an overnight positive - at least wait until tomorrow to go in

the nfl is seriously fucking dropping the ball on this, my god how can you botch this any further.

theyve already lost the appeal of the thanksgiving game, at this point they are pushing for ONE reason, to keep the crybaby ass steelers fanbase from going into an uproar talking about how the league wants to stop their undefeated season.

at this point they better do something about the steelers daily increase in positives and stop acting like were the only problem here, because IF the ravens have this under control at this point, and the steelers have infected players that hadnt tested positive yet, then youre talking about starting from square 1 for both teams and youre essentially shutting down the afc north if you restart the outbreaks for both teams.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

this thread is pretty damning of NFL comments about containment of the outbreak - it does need to be said that incubation is normally thought of as potentially between 5-14 days not 5 days maximum which seems to be what the NFL is making all of its decisions based on

thread by Mark Andrews's brother who is a urologist of some kind...

was this deleted?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the nfl is seriously fucking dropping the ball on this, my god how can you botch this any further.

theyve already lost the appeal of the thanksgiving game, at this point they are pushing for ONE reason, to keep the crybaby ass steelers fanbase from going into an uproar talking about how the league wants to stop their undefeated season.

at this point they better do something about the steelers daily increase in positives and stop acting like were the only problem here, because IF the ravens have this under control at this point, and the steelers have infected players that hadnt tested positive yet, then youre talking about starting from square 1 for both teams and youre essentially shutting down the afc north if you restart the outbreaks for both teams.

it's so dumb - it's clear that the protocols and decisions by the league office are adjusted based on the schedule - basically they'll make concessions and break protocols at varying rates to allow for certain games to be played

but it means they're not really following the science in all situations - the ravens should not be going into the building until Monday at the earliest (like they announced earlier in the week) but for some reason they're allowing them in earlier probably arbitrarily so that they can justify keeping the Steelers game on Tuesday

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

YESSSS LETS GOOOOO

this is exactly what the ravens needed, snow is the great equalizer and the steelers will be out their top RB and id stack gus edwards up against any RB to run in the snow, that lead footed style of running which frankly is kinda rare these days, is ideal.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
YESSSS LETS GOOOOO

this is exactly what the ravens needed, snow is the great equalizer and the steelers will be out their top RB and id stack gus edwards up against any RB to run in the snow, that lead footed style of running which frankly is kinda rare these days, is ideal.

I’d love to see McSorely or Huntley start. No idea why we spend the money keeping RG3 around. Guy is slow and washed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member
I’d love to see McSorely or Huntley start. No idea why we spend the money keeping RG3 around. Guy is slow and washed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been a big locker room and film room presence. He's really humbled himself after his struggles and spending time out of football.

But that changes next year. Not worth paying him anymore with a couple of cheaper options.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He's been a big locker room and film room presence. He's really humbled himself after his struggles and spending time out of football.

But that changes next year. Not worth paying him anymore with a couple of cheaper options.

he also knows how to run an offence which is as important as anything else a backup can do in a pinch - keep the team functioning on schedule and dont do things to harm the team - Trace will have had 2 years by this offseason to have learnt all those things and RGIII will be a bit obsolete at that point

Trace surely the number 2 next year with Huntley in at 3 (with the chance to earn that spot on the roster with some hard work on his release next offseason)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

this seems to make more sense - my guess then is they're doing the rapid tests today before they're allowed in the facility and if they get any positives from those then the facility access gets scrapped

my question would be then are they not being allowed into the locker room to get into gear - are they being asked to turn up in their kit - otherwise it defeats the object of them training outside if they are allowed into the locker room

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've been watching a couple of offenses today and it showed me how inept Roman really is. Time to move on. I know there are always concerns that your OC gets a HC gig after having 1-2 great seasons, but I'd rather have that way.

Simba

Staff Member
I've been watching a couple of offenses today and it showed me how inept Roman really is. Time to move on. I know there are always concerns that your OC gets a HC gig after having 1-2 great seasons, but I'd rather have that way.

It was depressing watching the Rams on Monday night. Not perfect by any stretch, but they work to get guys open and then dump it off fast. Should be a staple of our offense on Tuesday if we can, although I expect it to be ineffective.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was depressing watching the Rams on Monday night. Not perfect by any stretch, but they work to get guys open and then dump it off fast. Should be a staple of our offense on Tuesday if we can, although I expect it to be ineffective.
Esp. given their Qb is Goff who's decent but not more. Or look at what Brady does with Bridgewater who also has his limitations. Their offense is productive even though they're missing CMC