• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah it’s not like she abondened him either

On a side note I’m not a fan of his music that much either but go and listen to Godspeed from 2015 - he basically raps about his own overdose 2 years before it happens and I got chills listening
Ummm, holy shit! It's almost like he predicted this was going to happen.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
To anyone interested, here's the first part of Eminem's interview with the one and only Sway:

Peep the last minute or so. He's definitely going to clap back at MGK.

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Carter V’s cover art was revealed !!! Rumored to drop September 21st but who knows.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was not crazy about the response he had for MGK. It was good though, certain parts brought me back to Slim Shady that I grew up on.

As it pertains to Joe, all he really did in this interview was verify what Joe has been saying all along. I am not sure just how far he wants to go with this though. The whole shit seems desperate

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was not crazy about the response he had for MGK. It was good though, certain parts brought me back to Slim Shady that I grew up on.

As it pertains to Joe, all he really did in this interview was verify what Joe has been saying all along. I am not sure just how far he wants to go with this though. The whole shit seems desperate
It was a lot of “I’m a legend and you wish you were me” which is extremely disappointing when you consider some of the shit Eminem has said in diss tracks

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was a lot of “I’m a legend and you wish you were me” which is extremely disappointing when you consider some of the shit Eminem has said in diss tracks

Consider who he has dissed though.....very few actual rap...

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
And speaking of the very few who can actually rap, some fan basically asked Hopsin if he could beat Joyner Lucas in a 1v1. Of course, Hopsin replies with "That's a dumb question that I'm sure you already know the answer to." Below is the article that also shows Joyner's response and the two going at each other.
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/09/hopsin-tells-joyner-lucas-would-break-his-soul-in-rap-battle/

I don't like either, but I think Joyner will take him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Joyner. He’s got the delivery that hopsin doesn’t and he doesn’t Pepper in filler lines like hop. I’m a hopsin fan, have been since 2010, but he’s corny as fuck, Joyner isn’t.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also, I’m glad I never saw the “Carter V drops at midnight” buzz because I would’ve been one of the fools waiting up til 12:30 am before giving up...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Also, I’m glad I never saw the “Carter V drops at midnight” buzz because I would’ve been one of the fools waiting up til 12:30 am before giving up...
I never understood why people would want to stay up for shit like that when it's not going anywhere after it gets released.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I never understood why people would want to stay up for shit like that when it's not going anywhere after it gets released.
Because it’s the fucking carter 5. 99.9% of shit I won’t stay up for... I’d stay up for that lol. I wouldn’t even stay up if detox was dropping, but I’d stay up for carter 5.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t sleep before 12 anyway so I waited for it, wasn’t surprised it didn’t drop though considering nothing was ever official. It better drop soon though I’ve waited for too long

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t sleep before 12 anyway so I waited for it, wasn’t surprised it didn’t drop though considering nothing was ever official. It better drop soon though I’ve waited for too long
POMS was alright too, I may be reading too much into it but you could hear that old style weezy witty ness and delivery, but it was like he didn’t wanna just black out on it like he was just giving us a sample.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
POMS was alright too, I may be reading too much into it but you could hear that old style weezy witty ness and delivery, but it was like he didn’t wanna just black out on it like he was just giving us a sample.
He had a couple meh albums but he never really lost all that. He just hit a rough spot. D6 was pretty good and he’s been good in features over the past few years and all that jazz. I think CV should be really good