• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Recently discovered Benny the butcher and his shit is fire. Recommend Tana Talk 3 and his new ep The Plugs I Met.

Reactions: cdp

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Recently discovered Benny the butcher and his shit is fire. Recommend Tana Talk 3 and his new ep The Plugs I Met.
I was strongly debating if I was going to bump this thread because of him. That song, Sunday School ft. 38 Spesh and Jadakiss? Fire emojis. I discovered him when he, Conway and Westside Gunn were on Sway in the Morning in 2017. IMO, he's one of the fucking best in the game.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: MODS, can we change the title of this thread to Hip-Hop, Rap Thread because it says Hip-Hip instead.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I was strongly debating if I was going to bump this thread because of him. That song, Sunday School ft. 38 Spesh and Jadakiss? Fire emojis. I discovered him when he, Conway and Westside Gunn were on Sway in the Morning in 2017. IMO, he's one of the fucking best in the game.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: MODS, can we change the title of this thread to Hip-Hop, Rap Thread because it says Hip-Hip instead.

That song is disgusting. I can play is albums all the way through, no skips. Dirty Harry one of my favorites, too.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That song is disgusting. I can play is albums all the way through, no skips. Dirty Harry one of my favorites, too.
Indeed! Since you mentioned Tana Talk 3, there's one song on that album that's ALSO disgusting: Broken Bottles. First of all, The Alchemist is one of the dopest producers of all time. Second, it's because of that song is why he titled his latest album "The Plugs I Met." See below for reference

"I heard they sick about me rapping ‘bout the drugs I stretch
I’ma write a whole album ‘bout the plugs I met"

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Benny the Butcher love?

I think I found some friends on the Forum

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We were talking about Benny The Butcher. Have any of you ever heard of his latest BSF signee, RJ Payne? Dude can spit. Here's a couple of examples (the second one has that vibe of concocting some evil plan to conquer the world in a dark room).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just discovered Tom Macdonald and holy shit I have never cringed so hard in my life. He’s like Macklemore’s rap “skills” with the white version of Joyner Lucas “I’m not racist” content.

My GOD this guy is a clown

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This beat got Dipset (more specifically Jim Jones) written all over it.
I said Santana and cam lol. DEFINITELY dipset though no question.

I haven’t heard from any of them in so long idk if they even got it anymore. I know meek mill was shouting him out on twitter saying he’s gonna murder the beat and bla bla but... I don’t think I wanna hear meek yelling about moving birds and the roley on his wrist over such a fire ass beat. I think styles P and kiss would do this beat justice, and maybe even Game, he crushed 2 just blaze beats on the documentary and this sounds like a just blaze beat on steroids.

Idk if anyone remembers Charles Hamilton, but he used to make beats similar to this, he made a lot of beats not even close to this but the high pitch HEAVY use of vocal sample was a Charles Hamilton staple and he had a few that ended up sounding close to this.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I said Santana and cam lol. DEFINITELY dipset though no question.

I haven’t heard from any of them in so long idk if they even got it anymore. I know meek mill was shouting him out on twitter saying he’s gonna murder the beat and bla bla but... I don’t think I wanna hear meek yelling about moving birds and the roley on his wrist over such a fire ass beat. I think styles P and kiss would do this beat justice, and maybe even Game, he crushed 2 just blaze beats on the documentary and this sounds like a just blaze beat on steroids.

Idk if anyone remembers Charles Hamilton, but he used to make beats similar to this, he made a lot of beats not even close to this but the high pitch HEAVY use of vocal sample was a Charles Hamilton staple and he had a few that ended up sounding close to this.
Jim Jones definitely has it still, but the other two? Hit or miss. I think Styles and Kiss could do a tag team type of song that they've done over the years. To me, this beat just SCREAMS Harlem.