• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
New Em album is complete hot dog water. wow its bad

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Kanye West is the greatest rapper AND producer of all time don't @ me

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Finally got around listening to the new Fab and Jada collab. Only two songs I liked were Ground Up and Soul Food. I must say though that studs like Jada and Fab need to stop giving one-trick ponies like Future and French Montana passes. What do I mean by this? Notice how when the one-trick ponies are featured artists on songs by the greats, the beat and overall flow is catered to them and NOT the other way around. These guys aren't being challenged on their lyrical (in)ability and that's what screwing up the game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Let me bump this thread by asking my fellow Ravens fans a question: who are your favorite West Coast artists? Mine include The Game, Snoop, Crooked I, 2Pac, Ice Cube, Westside Connection, Warren G, Cypress Hill, Kendrick, Dr. Dre, and Black Hippy.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let me bump this thread by asking my fellow Ravens fans a question: who are your favorite West Coast artists? Mine include The Game, Snoop, Crooked I, 2Pac, Ice Cube, Westside Connection, Warren G, Cypress Hill, Kendrick, Dr. Dre, and Black Hippy.

Cube, Rass, Crooked, and Nipsey

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
a more exhaustive list of the artists i like:

chance
isaiah rashad
childish gambino

some older guys like
public enemy
tribe called quest
(or like any affiliates of busta rhymes)

my guilty pleasures are the macklemore activism songs like white privilege ii and same love though

i really like a powerful/dramatic/interesting instrumental - with all music i always notice lyrics last (just the way my brian works) so an interesting beat or instrumental always is more likely to get me engaged in an artist - its a pretty common theme for all the guys above
I’m super late to this convo but Isaiah rashad is one of my favorite rappers and I don’t feel like as many people know about him as they should

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I’m a huge fan of drake as mainstream as that is went to a drake and future concert last summer it was hands down the best concert I’ve ever been to. ASAP rocky is up there also along with Travis Scott meek mill Isaiah rashad Nav

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I love the game so much I think he’s incredibly underrated. He was always at basketball tourneys I went too lol. Love it or hate it is an incredible song I will always love. Not sure what it is but that song makes me feel great lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I love the game so much I think he’s incredibly underrated. He was always at basketball tourneys I went too lol. Love it or hate it is an incredible song I will always love. Not sure what it is but that song makes me feel great lol
I love the G-Unit Remix so much more than the original. Speaking of that album, Dreams and Westside Story are flames man. Besides he gets a big W from me after he tore Meek MiLL a new one in that OOuuu diss track.