• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I knew there was something wrong with T.I. whenever that shit came up about his daughter. Never was a fan of his music either although I will admit that he's done some decent guest features on stuff that I've listened to.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dmxs death has me kinda shook, just because I’ve known for the past decade exactly how he was gonna go out, a YouTube series called music industry exposed, predicted all of this back in 2009.

DMX had a series of songs called Damien, 3 parts, the first song he met the devil and partnered up, the second song he officially sold his soul for revenge, the third song he broke free. In Music Industry Exposed, they showed a video of him in custody in the courtroom and he has a small meltdown talking about “why me, why they always gotta come after me” and it’s strongly implied that he’s not referring to police. The video shows how celebrities who try to turn more positive get their character destroyed to the point that an overdose or drunk car crash or suicide whatever, looks natural and kinda expected, when in reality they are killed by “those people” in the industry. After DMX broke free in the third Damien song, he had one more big album, fell off the face of the earth, got in tons of legal trouble, and then made the “lord give me a sign” album and he hasn’t been heard from since then and has spent most of his time in jail or exiled from the world.

here’s why it’s weird... in that second Damien song, there was an intro, a woman crying in a hospital room over the beeps of the machines as someone comes in the room to end the patients life, it was always implied that it was DMX coming into the room, menacingly, to end this patients life, but now it looks like DMX himself was the patient and that he was predicting his death exactly how it’s been speculated by conspiracy people. DMX reportedly was off life support and breathing but the next day his publicist said he had bad info and they were actually about to pull the plug. Was it bad info? Or was he finished off as “The Omen” could have been predicting?

I’m no conspiracy theorist and the whole Illuminati thing sounds far fetched to me, but man, I saw this video 11 years ago and it has lived rent free in my head ever since, and then dmx being one of my all time favorite artists, I’ve been listening to all his shit since he died, and all this has really stood out to me, and it creeps me tf out.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 , now I'm too shook to even research this. But yes, DMX left too soon. The moment that I heard his organs started to fail, I knew it was over.

The very first DMX song I ever heard was Party Up when I first saw the movie Like Mike. A year or so later, I went to England to visit some family. My cousin had a PS2 and had this game called Def Jam Vendetta. This is how I came across X Gon' Give It to Ya. For me though, my favorite DMX song is Blackout.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 , now I'm too shook to even research this. But yes, DMX left too soon. The moment that I heard his organs started to fail, I knew it was over.

The very first DMX song I ever heard was Party Up when I first saw the movie Like Mike. A year or so later, I went to England to visit some family. My cousin had a PS2 and had this game called Def Jam Vendetta. This is how I came across X Gon' Give It to Ya. For me though, my favorite DMX song is Blackout.
Def jam vendetta... oh my god such a great game, so was fight for NY.

But yeah I saw this series a very long time ago when YouTube was still a baby, shit had me crushed with anxiety before I could even comprehend what anxiety was, and ever since I’ve been wondering if the predictions would ever come to fruition and they did, and then going back and listening... it’s like the way pac always predicted his death. The conversations between him and Damien are pretty striking if you’ve seen this series.

here’s the part of the series focused on the destruction of dmx.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

But yeah I saw this series a very long time ago when YouTube was still a baby, shit had me crushed with anxiety before I could even comprehend what anxiety was, and ever since I’ve been wondering if the predictions would ever come to fruition and they did, and then going back and listening... it’s like the way pac always predicted his death. The conversations between him and Damien are pretty striking if you’ve seen this series.

Not so much Vendetta, but I still play FFNY from time to time on my GameCube. Speaking of which, I still don't buy the story that Prodigy by choking on eggs or some shit. FOH.

But THIS video......................had me shook lol.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not so much Vendetta, but I still play FFNY from time to time on my GameCube. Speaking of which, I still don't buy the story that Prodigy by choking on eggs or some shit. FOH.

But THIS video......................had me shook lol.
if you want a ten part video series to live in the back of your head for the rest of your life... this one will do it.

i had no idea what illuminati meant, no idea about secret elites or anything like that, i havent seen the world the same way since i saw this series at 17. not even that it proves the existence of anything, just the possibility and the evidence of the possibility.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Conway might be my favorite now out of Griselda. He's been consistently dropping fire and his new album that dropped today is no different.

Also, RIP DMX. He was one of the first rappers I got into while I was growing up and I spent countless bus rides listening to his music. His recent VERZUZ with Snoop Dogg was awesome as well so it's been a sad time for hip-hop to see him go like that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching Wu tang an American saga, I just finished episode 4 where RZA was going by prince rakeem and the label forced that corny shit on him and then dropped him just as he’s about to record the 7th chamber, all because the corny ass single THEY forced didn’t move units, that whole episode was hard to watch.

Nurps

MVP
Is anyone else in the Tampa area going to see Nas, Wu-Tang, and Busta Rhymes next week? I can’t freaking wait

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Hov and weezy went in on this shit. I’m tempted to say this is the best hov verse I’ve ever heard, but I’m also not that big a jay fan so I haven’t heard all of his stuff.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I've seen this series years ago. Very interesting to see and hear about how cats in "the industry" sell their soul (going against their own convictions and principles to keep getting paid and having influence and fame in the public eye etc.). Also, everyone that breaks "the code" is targeted for death in the near future. Interesting stuff!

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is anybody keeping with the Tory and Megan case?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Is anybody keeping with the Tory and Megan case?
I am (to an extent). Megan lost me completely when GAYLE KING asked her point blank if she had an intimate relationship with Tory and she was like, "Uh.....you mean like...sexual?" And then she paused and laughed.

Then, there's the story about her and her friend arguing over him, Da Baby, and Ben Simmons or something like that. If Tory is found not guilty, I hope he files all sorts of defamation lawsuits.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am (to an extent). Megan lost me completely when GAYLE KING asked her point blank if she had an intimate relationship with Tory and she was like, "Uh.....you mean like...sexual?" And then she paused and laughed.

Then, there's the story about her and her friend arguing over him, Da Baby, and Ben Simmons or something like that. If Tory is found not guilty, I hope he files all sorts of defamation lawsuits.

and apparently witnesses say they saw 2 women fighting each other outside which completely contradicts the story that Tory left his vehicle and assaulted the friend and forced them both back in the vehicle

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
and apparently witnesses say they saw 2 women fighting each other outside which completely contradicts the story that Tory left his vehicle and assaulted the friend and forced them both back in the vehicle
Yeah I saw that. And you know what the sad part is if Tory is found not guilty? Not only will Megan NOT apologize to Tory, but she'll deflect accountability.