• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Just peeped Lil Wayne's No Ceilings 3. Utter. fucking. trash.

So instead, let me share one of my favorite Lil Wayne tracks off of Rebirth. That rap-rock SLAPS, my dudes.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Kid Cudis man on the moon 3, best work since man on the moon 2, so it’s earned it’s name unlike a lot of part 2 and 3 albums. Dude is such a legend. I had JUST turned 17 when day n nite came out, and I thought his shit was weird at first(like a lot of people do now) but it grew on me and here I am pushing 30 and he’s my all times favorite artist to this day, still putting out FIRE albums and still changing and evolving the sound in a great way. Not too many out there like Cudi

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just peeped Lil Wayne's No Ceilings 3. Utter. fucking. trash.

So instead, let me share one of my favorite Lil Wayne tracks off of Rebirth. That rap-rock SLAPS, my dudes.

Nobody lasts forever. Wayne had a great run, I don’t think any rapper ever had peak popularity like Wayne had, and we got some timeless shit out of him. I’m ok with just accepting his decline like everyone should’ve done with Eminem.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nobody lasts forever. Wayne had a great run, I don’t think any rapper ever had peak popularity like Wayne had, and we got some timeless shit out of him. I’m ok with just accepting his decline like everyone should’ve done with Eminem.

You know who hasn't decline? J.................

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Top 3 for me, but easy to see why someone wouldn't like him.
I definitely didn’t give him enough credit as a lyricist for most of my life, the past few years a lot of jay z bars have been clicking for me and I now see a lot of what his fans see, but I still can’t get past his flow. It feels sloppy so often, I have the same problem with currensy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jeezy in “and then what”

“swear it oughta be a crime just to be this hood”

well you kinda just made an entire song about selling drugs and using the money to get into the rap game, so I’m pretty sure it is in fact a crime to be that hood

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can’t stand that mf...

It's Hovi, baby, you Kobe, maybe; Tracy McGrady
Matter-fact, you a Harold Miner
J.R. Rider, washed up on marijuana
Even worse, you a Pervis Ellis
You worthless, fella; you ain't no athlete, you Shawn Bradley

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Lamar gon keep winning til they FREE YAK

honestly this is the only Kodak song I fuck with, but I fuck with it hard lol