• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tonedeff

Not my favorite Tonedeff song, but it's a pretty good example of what he's about. Really good singer too.

I'm also a big fan of early 90's hip-hop (Nas, Wu-Tang, A Tribe Called Quest, etc.)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tonedeff

Not my favorite Tonedeff song, but it's a pretty good example of what he's about. Really good singer too.

I'm also a big fan of early 90's hip-hop (Nas, Wu-Tang, A Tribe Called Quest, etc.)

a tribe called quest are great and all the other associated acts of busta rhymes... i often find he's the common denominator in good 90s/00s hip hop

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Em is by far one of the best rappers, never been a real big fan

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well....speaking of Eminem (who I'm still a fan of), I'm really starting to become fans of the guys he recently signed to Shady in Westside Gunn and Conway. But their labelmate, Benny, is on another one IMO.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Favorite Biggie song(s)? Mine are Big Poppa, Warning, The Last Day, Notorious Thugs, and Rap Phenomenon.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Eminem is my GOAT but that's too easy, my taste in rap music gets weird after that.

Tech N9ne is my #2, nas 3, and I am utterly obsessed with both wu tang and bone thugs. I think the best rappers in wu tang are the most slept on, inspektah deck and rza were the reason that 36 chambers was such an epic classic, they bodied every verse in spectacular fashion. Krayzie bones gift for blending speed rapping that actually makes sense and melody is one of a kind. Los(lesser known Baltimore rapper) is a lyrical god and one of the greatest wordplay rappers I've ever heard. lil dicky is probably the best blend of lyrical genius and general appeal out there right now, he's too hilarious and likeable to fail but he will shit on nearly any modern rapper bar for bar.

Kid cudi isn't a rapper but somehow falls in this genre, imo he is a genius musician with an untouchable gift for melody that can't be practiced or taught, and a gift of reaching people on a personal level, his production puts you in a trance, his weird ass groan-singing is so catchy to certain ears and really grabs you, and he has shown an ability to rip a verse apart with raw lyricism but it's not his strong suit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Everyone favorite lil Wayne verse, go:

Mine is run this town. He snapped. "That pistol mean business, that bitch should have a tie on"

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Eminem is my GOAT but that's too easy, my taste in rap music gets weird after that.

Tech N9ne is my #2, nas 3, and I am utterly obsessed with both wu tang and bone thugs. I think the best rappers in wu tang are the most slept on, inspektah deck and rza were the reason that 36 chambers was such an epic classic, they bodied every verse in spectacular fashion. Krayzie bones gift for blending speed rapping that actually makes sense and melody is one of a kind. Los(lesser known Baltimore rapper) is a lyrical god and one of the greatest wordplay rappers I've ever heard. lil dicky is probably the best blend of lyrical genius and general appeal out there right now, he's too hilarious and likeable to fail but he will shit on nearly any modern rapper bar for bar.

Kid cudi isn't a rapper but somehow falls in this genre, imo he is a genius musician with an untouchable gift for melody that can't be practiced or taught, and a gift of reaching people on a personal level, his production puts you in a trance, his weird ass groan-singing is so catchy to certain ears and really grabs you, and he has shown an ability to rip a verse apart with raw lyricism but it's not his strong suit.
Is Los the guy who did Purple Reign?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Tech N9ne is the man. I love his rock music specifically If I Could and Love 2 Dislike Me, but holy shit World Wide Choppers. I really wished Bone-Thugs was on that track. At least one of them would've snapped. We were talking about Biggie earlier in this thread. Notorious Thugs is one of my favorite songs from him.

My personal favorite member of the Wu is Mr. Tical himself: Method Man. The Chef and Tony Stark are a VERY close 2a and 2b. And yes Wu-Massacre had a few dope songs like Dangerous and Smooth Sailing.

I haven't heard much about Los, but I heard good things about him. I agree about Lil Dicky. Dude's hilarious.

The ting go... SKTRRAAAPAPAP
BOOM!