• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hip-Hip, Rap Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ah. So he has some better stuff out there?
Hell yes. The G5, G5.2 mixtapes are packed with amazing freestyles but they're from 08-09 and the studio quality was lesser. Zero gravity was my personal favorite mixtape, zero gravity 2, worth the wait, and the crown ain't safe were all instant classic mixtapes. His one weakness though is hooks, he can't write them and he hires cringey singers to do them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tech N9ne is the man. I love his rock music specifically If I Could and Love 2 Dislike Me, but holy shit World Wide Choppers. I really wished Bone-Thugs was on that track. At least one of them would've snapped. We were talking about Biggie earlier in this thread. Notorious Thugs is one of my favorite songs from him.

My personal favorite member of the Wu is Mr. Tical himself: Method Man. The Chef and Tony Stark are a VERY close 2a and 2b. And yes Wu-Massacre had a few dope songs like Dangerous and Smooth Sailing.

I haven't heard much about Los, but I heard good things about him. I agree about Lil Dicky. Dude's hilarious.

BOOM!
Have you heard wither? It's Corey taylor(slipknot and stone sour singer) ft. Tech and it's great. And krayzie was on MWC2, he had the best verse.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is how I would rank the Wu-Tang members:

1) GZA
2) Ghostface Killah
3) Ol' Dirty Bastard
4) RZA
5) Raekwon
6) Method Man
7) Inspectah Deck
8) Masta Killa
9) U-God

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is how I would rank the Wu-Tang members:

1) GZA
2) Ghostface Killah
3) Ol' Dirty Bastard
4) RZA
5) Raekwon
6) Method Man
7) Inspectah Deck
8) Masta Killa
9) U-God
I can respect gza too but I can't respect rza and inspektah deck that low. My mans what the fuck is you doin I'm ready git busy, fuck is the deal...

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can respect gza too but I can't respect rza and inspektah deck that low. My mans what the fuck is you doin I'm ready git busy, fuck is the deal...

RZA would be higher, but I'm not the biggest fan of him as an MC. He's good/great on most of the group albums, but his solo albums are hit or miss and probably some of the weaker Wu solo albums.

I love Inspectah Deck on the group albums and he has some of the greatest verses of all-time, but his solo albums are mediocre at best. He would definitely be higher, if not for that.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
never cared for the Wu like that outside of Ghost (one of my fav rappers all time) and Raekwon.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
RZA would be higher, but I'm not the biggest fan of him as an MC. He's good/great on most of the group albums, but his solo albums are hit or miss and probably some of the weaker Wu solo albums.

I love Inspectah Deck on the group albums and he has some of the greatest verses of all-time, but his solo albums are mediocre at best. He would definitely be higher, if not for that.
Tbh I don't really judge by their solo works, I don't like most of their solo works, liquid swords was phenomenal(and rza stamped himself a legendary producer on that) and OB4CL was really good. But their group projects just outshine their solo works so much and inspektah deck and rza always outshined all of them on albums. That raw aggressive sound paired with the use of syllables just really grabbed your ears

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
never cared for the Wu like that outside of Ghost (one of my fav rappers all time) and Raekwon.
A lot of people are like this lol, I personally never liked Raekwon at all, ghost on the other hand... I just felt like rae was too laid back for wu and he didn't have the brilliance in his lyrics that gza had.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
A lot of people are like this lol, I personally never liked Raekwon at all, ghost on the other hand... I just felt like rae was too laid back for wu and he didn't have the brilliance in his lyrics that gza had.
As much as I love Raekwon, I loathe the fact that he's a Steelers fan.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everyone favorite lil Wayne verse, go:

Mine is run this town. He snapped. "That pistol mean business, that bitch should have a tie on"

B.M. JR from his first album

Real shit I’m ducking bombs from a drug war,
No religion but the cops swear that I’m a drug lord

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe Budden, Pharaoh Monch, Lloyd Banks, Ghost, Rass Kass, and Jay-Z are walking quotables and currently what I am listening to give or take switching out Bank, Rass, and Ghost for a few others

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Joe Budden, Pharaoh Monch, Lloyd Banks, Ghost, Rass Kass, and Jay-Z are walking quotables and currently what I am listening to give or take switching out Bank, Rass, and Ghost for a few others
Be real bro... do you actually like joe budden or do you just say that because he is self proclaimed real hip hop? Lmao

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Be real bro... do you actually like joe budden or do you just say that because he is self proclaimed real hip hop? Lmao

I've been a fan of his for almost a decade, anybody who listens to rap will tell you that son can rap. That is not debatable.

People think all this is new with him, he has always been crazy AF and hyper passionate about what he does.

Reference Ray Lewis during a game lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

you must be talking about Chance the Rapper