• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 WR Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it’s not that I don’t see a lot of great stuff out of eskridge - it’s just that there’s a few things about him that make me nervous vs other guys at the position
I get that, I felt that way for a while but honestly it felt like it was all due to 2 things: being new at wr and small school, once I got over that I was all the way sold lol
if jaelon reagor and Brandon aiyuk can go in the 1st then I don’t see why Elijah Moore can’t or shouldn’t go 27
yup, I don’t think either of them are holding Moore’s jock

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where do you guys see elijah moore’s draft range at?

sadly, I think he goes top of the 2nd. Meaning no chance for us

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
@JoeyFlex5
Moore is probably my favorite receiver. question; Are you taking him at 27 because you think he is likely to be best available (or a need above the others), or are you taking him at 27 because he won't be around when we pick at 58?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5
Moore is probably my favorite receiver. question; Are you taking him at 27 because you think he is likely to be best available (or a need above the others), or are you taking him at 27 because he won't be around when we pick at 58?
Because I feel like he’s being arbitrarily projected to the second round, if you take a “second round” receiver in the first round and he lives up to a first round billing by being a quality receiver, then he clearly wasn’t a second round receiver to begin with.

I see nothing that would indicate he’s not a first round talent. I definitely like Bateman more, but I don’t see what makes terrace Marshall a higher projected prospect. Like who even decided that teams need to wait until round 2 to draft Elijah Moore? It’s all arbitrary to me, same with ardarius Washington who I think is a borderline first round talent who’s arbitrarily being called a day 2 prospect mostly because media outlets don’t look at the film and immediately knock him down a round or 2 because he’s 5’9”

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

We can avoid that all together by just drafting him at 27 if we like him. It would probably get blasted by media outlets but then a year later we would probably be damn happy with it.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think he goes by pick 10 or so in round two.
Decosta might offer a bunch to go up but outside of that he's gone, I agree.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@JoeyFlex5

i don't think the NFL will take him that high but i see no reason at all why he shouldn't go at 27 - if i'm taking him at 27 it's because he's the best player on my board and as i said on the last page - he probably ends up top 20 maybe even close to top 15 on my board when it's all said and done... so it's highly likely he'll be at least close to the top of the stack (on my board) when we pick

more and more i'm seeing him mocked in round 1 - i really think he's in play at 27 because that's where he should go

so i cant speak for joey but for me at least, i'm taking him as the best available at that spot (if that's the case) but it's possible he's not - but he's easily in my top 27 players in this class and i've got a 1st round grade on him

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i don't think the NFL will take him that high but i see no reason at all why he shouldn't go at 27 - if i'm taking him at 27 it's because he's the best player on my board and as i said on the last page - he probably ends up top 20 maybe even close to top 15 on my board when it's all said and done... so it's highly likely he'll be at least close to the top of the stack (on my board) when we pick

more and more i'm seeing him mocked in round 1 - i really think he's in play at 27 because that's where he should go

so i cant speak for joey but for me at least, i'm taking him as the best available at that spot (if that's the case) but it's possible he's not - but he's easily in my top 27 players in this class and i've got a 1st round grade on him
He's a straight zone killer. His hands are unmatched. Great after catch . great vision however I don't recall seeing him against straight press or soft press and that needs answered .
Haven't watched him in a while so I need to revisit.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
His excellence vs. zone makes for an interesting fit as it relates to how defensive coverages tend to scheme us. Interesting.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What do you guys think of Nico Collins? At first glance he seems like a very physically gifted WR held back by the scheme and bad QB play. He's someone I wouldn't mind going for in the second round, even if it means trading up a bit. It'd be a great gift to our new WR coach.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He's a straight zone killer. His hands are unmatched. Great after catch . great vision however I don't recall seeing him against straight press or soft press and that needs answered .
Haven't watched him in a while so I need to revisit.

didn’t face much press at all through his college career - not too worried about that because a lot of the league doesn’t use press a ton anymore and anyway I’ve seen a few clips of him practicing his releases vs press down at exos

also has the ability to play the slot or play outside vs off so not too worried about defences taking him out of the game

He’s a proper route salesman who creates tons of separation consistently

would love to add him to this offence

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What do you guys think of Nico Collins? At first glance he seems like a very physically gifted WR held back by the scheme and bad QB play. He's someone I wouldn't mind going for in the second round, even if it means trading up a bit. It'd be a great gift to our new WR coach.

physically gifted, surprisingly loose hips, some route running nouse and that incredible frame - showed up fairly well at the senior bowl and the athletic testing was a really good sign

idk that I’d trade up for him but he’s definitely someone I’d look hard at at 58

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Kadarius toney is interesting. He’s a special runner, and has a small sample size of nfl style routes, but he looks like he’s gonna be a competent route runner at the very least just based on the way he moves and sets up defenders before he breaks, and honestly he does well to gain leverage early on deep routes by being just quick and skilled with his feet, and his hands look fairly natural too from what I’ve seen, like he’s not a labored catcher like some gadget type players can be, looks to comfortably track the ball too.

I don’t see a lot of this in nfl style concepts and he really was a gadget player in a college spread offense, so he appears gimmicky as hell, but when he is given opportunities to show up for slants and posts and fades and such he showed more than just gadget potential, he flashed plenty to make me think he could extrapolate that at the next level and he’s just got special potential, really gifted runner, Lamar esque.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm not as bullish on this WR class as many are... not really in any specific order. Still have a few to check out in the mid round range but this is where I'm at currently

The obvious ones:
Chase, Smith, Waddle, Bateman

The next tier:
E. Moore, Marshall Jr., St. Brown

The I want to like them but can't fully convince myself:
R. Moore, Toney

Not top guys I like:
Wallace, Williams, Powell, Surratt, Smith-Marsette, Imatorbhebhe

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
for sure - but I think that undersells how brutally he can embarrass defenders in man too
Im going back to watch. given off coverage he will eat you up in man. I haven't yet seen anyone get into him at the line but he'll get rerouted a little vs LB's and Ive seen him LB's get hands on him 5 yards deep and take him away.

He is moved a lot... somewhat college stuff for whatever thats worth.. lots of reverse sweep or fake jet stuff.

I can think of several players I would take as BPA over him at this point but Im starting to fall for him and for the notion that there is a much greater chance of grabbing an edge player at 58 than there is a likelihood of Elijah being there (which isn't happening).

For example..1)Moore
2) Turner et al

hes an exceptional open field runner and as I said, he reads coverages exceptionally

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not as bullish on this WR class as many are... not really in any specific order. Still have a few to check out in the mid round range but this is where I'm at currently

The obvious ones:
Chase, Smith, Waddle, Bateman

The next tier:
E. Moore, Marshall Jr., St. Brown

The I want to like them but can't fully convince myself:
R. Moore, Toney

Not top guys I like:
Wallace, Williams, Powell, Surratt, Smith-Marsette, Imatorbhebhe

the only guy of that group i dont like is sage surratt... i don't see how he wins in the NFL

have you had a chance to watch/have any thoughts on any of these guys yet?
amari rodgers (tee higgins' son)
nico collins
josh palmer (coached by tee higgins at tennessee)
austin watkins jr (sammy watkins cousin)

if i could pick a developmental guy somewhere on day 3 for our new coaching staff to get a chance to mould it would be josh imatorbhebhe - might bust but he's got so many tools and traits to work with and great explosive raw athleticism at 6'2

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Im going back to watch. given off coverage he will eat you up in man. I haven't yet seen anyone get into him at the line but he'll get rerouted a little vs LB's and Ive seen him LB's get hands on him 5 yards deep and take him away.

He is moved a lot... somewhat college stuff for whatever thats worth.. lots of reverse sweep or fake jet stuff.

I can think of several players I would take as BPA over him at this point but Im starting to fall for him and for the notion that there is a much greater chance of grabbing an edge player at 58 than there is a likelihood of Elijah being there (which isn't happening).

For example..1)Moore
2) Turner et al

hes an exceptional open field runner and as I said, he reads coverages exceptionally

physical press right now is an issue for him for sure - i didn't see a ton of him getting bumped by LBs (any particular games stand out to you in that sense that i could go back and watch) - on my notes i have it noted down that he arcs his release really well to avoid contact running through zones and subtle route pathing to stay free and clean in zone

but i think he has a physicality in his game that belies his stature that just doesnt show up vs press right now - his ability to take full-blooded hits and maintain his balance through contact or to go up and be competitive in contested situations at the catch point is really exciting

worth pointing out though, given that this is the ravens, that he's not always the most willing blocker on film - obviously not the first thing we look at in a receiver (if we did we'd have been all-in on denzel mims last year lol) but worth noting that it's not just a poor technique thing but seemingly a lack of effort thing...

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
physical press right now is an issue for him for sure - i didn't see a ton of him getting bumped by LBs (any particular games stand out to you in that sense that i could go back and watch) - on my notes i have it noted down that he arcs his release really well to avoid contact running through zones and subtle route pathing to stay free and clean in zone

but i think he has a physicality in his game that belies his stature that just doesnt show up vs press right now - his ability to take full-blooded hits and maintain his balance through contact or to go up and be competitive in contested situations at the catch point is really exciting

worth pointing out though, given that this is the ravens, that he's not always the most willing blocker on film - obviously not the first thing we look at in a receiver (if we did we'd have been all-in on denzel mims last year lol) but worth noting that it's not just a poor technique thing but seemingly a lack of effort thing...
I was gonna say...crap blocker..Next.:D
I believe it was Alabama.