• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Simba

Staff Member
Prior to Gruden being hired, there were reports coming out that the Raiders would be cutting Crabtree. I've wanted him since these reports came out. Robinson was my top choice though, but new we didn't have the cap space to pay for him.

Always made sense if you could lure him here. Doesn't come without his problems of course, but I'll gladly take the good aspects over the few bad things about him. Now, just have to lock it up.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Just curious, what is everyone seeing in Crabtree that I am not? He has a lot of drops, which we already have on the team with Perriman. I have read comments on other sites that his attitude may not be the most desirable. He was just cut by the Raiders who were more than happy to sign Nelson. What am I missing?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just curious, what is everyone seeing in Crabtree that I am not? He has a lot of drops, which we already have on the team with Perriman. I have read comments on other sites that his attitude may not be the most desirable. He was just cut by the Raiders who were more than happy to sign Nelson. What am I missing?
His hands weren't a problem til suddenly last year. He's always been a fiery and physical possession style guy who runs an excellent route tree with natural attacking style hands and fights like hell for YAC.

Literally he's the mold of a successful ravens veteran FA WR signing

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
His hands weren't a problem til suddenly last year. He's always been a fiery and physical possession style guy who runs an excellent route tree with natural attacking style hands and fights like hell for YAC.

Literally he's the mold of a successful ravens veteran FA WR signing
he had a bunch of drops in 2016 as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is fantastic in the red zone and a very good fit for this offense.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
he had a bunch of drops in 2016 as well.
. I was hoping you guys could get me excited about this guy. Drops is the major thing I am keying on. If the game is on the line, is this guy going to come down with the ball? I want to hear, “This guy is money!” What WR is left in free agency that is decent but won’t drop the ball?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
. I was hoping you guys could get me excited about this guy. Drops is the major thing I am keying on. If the game is on the line, is this guy going to come down with the ball? I want to hear, “This guy is money!” What WR is left in free agency that is decent but won’t drop the ball?

2016 Oakland Raiders 16 games 89r rec 1,003 yards 8 TDs

2015 Oakland Raiders 16 g 85 rec 922 yards 9 TDs

He had a down year last year as the entire offense in Oakland had a down year, but these are his stats in 2015 and 16. He had over 600 yards on 58 receptions this year.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
He's visiting Colts after he passed a 2nd opinion physical. He also passed Redskins end of season checks and the word is he could play tomorrow.

WTF is going on?

In certain other sports some teams are happy to look past certain stuff to sign the player while others are more stringent. Could that be the case here or am I being naive when it comes to the NFL?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
if crabtree leaves you can be assured he'll sign elsewhere

i'm sorry but IF that's the case

Julius thomas (example of a backup plan ) and John brown is not cutting it and we'd have failed stage 1 of our offseason with an F grade

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
In certain other sports some teams are happy to look past certain stuff to sign the player while others are more stringent. Could that be the case here or am I being naive when it comes to the NFL?
I'm siding with Ravens on this one. Surely they're not that crazy. Are they?
I also don't understand why are contract details made public before it's official.