• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree here. Jensen was great and a fan favorite for playing nasty and defending Flacco after the dirty Kiko hit. But he was the 9th ranked center in the league last season and he is getting #1 money. If we could get him for 7 million a year sure but not 10.
I never go by the rankings on grades. Prefer the premium stats if I'm gong to use PFF

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I never go by the rankings on grades. Prefer the premium stats if I'm gong to use PFF
Still most other grades still have him around that 10 range. He is good don't get me wrong and the team will miss him but I think that is way overpriced for what he brings.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I took a screen shot of Jensen’s premium statistics and although I like him, I’ve also said I don’t believe he is worth it due to the fact that he was a pretty bad run blocker the entire second half of the season and only an average pass blocker.

Could he improve. Absolutely

View attachment 741

Interesting but he did play every snap and with our injuries..................

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Ryan Grant passed the Colts Physical and is heading to Oakland next. Now the fact he passed the Colts physical seems odd. That's the same medical staff that can't figure out why Luck's shoulder went bonkers and won't heal. Yet they cleared Grant.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Given his level of experience and their cap situation I really think the Ravens’ limit with Jensen was just at, or just below the bottom of the top tier centers. That seemed to be around an $8.5 mil. average. What’s happened is what happens at every position, a cap rich team resets the market with a big contract to a promising player signing their first vet contract. The timing and value of that reset is dependent upon the supply and doesn’t necessarily reflect past performance.

Last edited:

Inqui

Pro Bowler
So Ryan Grant passed the Colts Physical and is heading to Oakland next. Now the fact he passed the Colts physical seems odd. That's the same medical staff that can't figure out why Luck's shoulder went bonkers and won't heal. Yet they cleared Grant.
Rotoworld's saying Robert Anderson is the bloke who did Grant's physical at the Colts, and that he's most teams' go-to guy for all things ankle-related. So it's not like the Colts hired some quack to throw some tea leaves around.

I'm not sure why he passed Dr Anderson's physical but failed ours, and I'd be interested to see how a physical compares to, say, a pre-purchase housing inspection or car report, in which case two people could read the same thing and get completely different conclusions depending on their risk tolerance.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Rotoworld's saying Robert Anderson is the bloke who did Grant's physical at the Colts, and that he's most teams' go-to guy for all things ankle-related. So it's not like the Colts hired some quack to throw some tea leaves around.

I'm not sure why he passed Dr Anderson's physical but failed ours, and I'd be interested to see how a physical compares to, say, a pre-purchase housing inspection or car report, in which case two people could read the same thing and get completely different conclusions depending on their risk tolerance.
Keep in mind the Colts physical was prior to Grant and the Colts agreeing to a contract so there is opportunity there to adjust salary and conditions that could mitigate risk, possibly lowering the bar for pass/fail.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I suppose player can pass his physical in order to get low guarantees but not $14 mil over 2 years.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hello all. I have never posted on here before, however I read a lot of what you post. Maybe I am slightly more optimistic than others on here, but I think next season has the potential to be a good one. The defense is mostly set and if there are improvements from players like Tony Jefferson and our previous draft picks, I think you will see a defense that doesn't choke. I also have much more faith in our supposedly more aggressive defensive coordinator. I was not entirely thrilled with Dean Pees. However, our offense was quite poor in the first half of the season and mediocre at best in the second half. Now we have lost Jensen and Howard and added Crabtree and Brown. I am quite fond of the additions of the wide receivers. I was also quite fond of the way our offensive line played last year, but now, 2/5ths of it is gone. Taking into consideration we will be getting Yanda, Lewis, and hopefully Siragusa back, there should be some options. Now I know I am rambling, so what is my point? I think that we can all agree that the passing game's ineffectiveness is what did us in last season. I believe wholeheartedly that the two additions we have already made plus a high draft pick will completely reshape this receiving corps. So my point is to be successful, I 100% believe that the offensive line is the highest priority. I don't know what their plans for Hurst are, but I sure hope our first round pick is an offensive lineman. Joe Flacco is no Derek Carr or even Carson Palmer. So I would naturally suspect that the receivers we brought in will have numbers less attractive than in their previous locations. However, if there is an offensive line that is dominant in the run game, and serviceable in the pass game, I think we can be a 10 win team. Recall that we will be getting Kenneth Dixon back. Collins and Dixon will make a good combination. If Joe has time to pass and there are legitimate threats in Crabtree and Brown on the field, I believe it opens up things for Perriman. Not saying this kid will have something click, but I believe he will be better than last year. I have high hopes for this team, but I feel so strongly that we are 1 dominant offensive lineman, one quality receiver, and a legitimate pass catching tight end away from being a 10 win team. Final thought. I honestly believe the Browns will be an 8 and 8 team next year. It's time to put up or shut-up. I'm ready, I hope you all are too.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Hello all. I have never posted on here before, however I read a lot of what you post. Maybe I am slightly more optimistic than others on here, but I think next season has the potential to be a good one. The defense is mostly set and if there are improvements from players like Tony Jefferson and our previous draft picks, I think you will see a defense that doesn't choke. I also have much more faith in our supposedly more aggressive defensive coordinator. I was not entirely thrilled with Dean Pees. However, our offense was quite poor in the first half of the season and mediocre at best in the second half. Now we have lost Jensen and Howard and added Crabtree and Brown. I am quite fond of the additions of the wide receivers. I was also quite fond of the way our offensive line played last year, but now, 2/5ths of it is gone. Taking into consideration we will be getting Yanda, Lewis, and hopefully Siragusa back, there should be some options. Now I know I am rambling, so what is my point? I think that we can all agree that the passing game's ineffectiveness is what did us in last season. I believe wholeheartedly that the two additions we have already made plus a high draft pick will completely reshape this receiving corps. So my point is to be successful, I 100% believe that the offensive line is the highest priority. I don't know what their plans for Hurst are, but I sure hope our first round pick is an offensive lineman. Joe Flacco is no Derek Carr or even Carson Palmer. So I would naturally suspect that the receivers we brought in will have numbers less attractive than in their previous locations. However, if there is an offensive line that is dominant in the run game, and serviceable in the pass game, I think we can be a 10 win team. Recall that we will be getting Kenneth Dixon back. Collins and Dixon will make a good combination. If Joe has time to pass and there are legitimate threats in Crabtree and Brown on the field, I believe it opens up things for Perriman. Not saying this kid will have something click, but I believe he will be better than last year. I have high hopes for this team, but I feel so strongly that we are 1 dominant offensive lineman, one quality receiver, and a legitimate pass catching tight end away from being a 10 win team. Final thought. I honestly believe the Browns will be an 8 and 8 team next year. It's time to put up or shut-up. I'm ready, I hope you all are too.
Welcome to the show!!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Welcome to the flock.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

different teams have different degrees of difficulty, but yes it could be how one doctor views an injury over another.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to our young community. We look forward to more posts from you. If you could, please break them into paragraphs as well and again, welcome to purpleflock

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Welcome to our young community. We look forward to more posts from you. If you could, please break them into paragraphs as well and again, welcome to purpleflock
Damn Mania you’re gonna push the newcomers away...his first post and you’re already telling him to change the way he types. Haha

Simba

Staff Member
Ozzie said we r gonna sing more people but like who is there? I really would like Wallace back tho

As the market currently stands, Ebron is probably your only "big" name that would be a fit here, maybe Wallace if the price stays down. Otherwise, I think you're looking at lower level deals for a backup QB, OT option, and maybe a vet CB. I think there are still a couple of potential ILB options out there as well, but not sure how they feel about that right now.

Tank

Hall of Famer
From what I’ve read about Ebron sounds like he was inconsistent in Detroit and had trouble catching the ball. No thank you.

Ozzie always seems to go bargain hunting after camp cuts.