• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jarvis Landry would be the PERFECT guy for Flacco and this offense. He’s at the top of my wishlist.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

redrum52

Hall of Famer
All efforts need to be made on the offensive end. Like someone else said, would love to grab Landry. Re-sign Jensen and Mosley. A FA wr or 2 need to be acquired. That or 1 through trade, but this team shouldn't be trusted draftung receivers or using challenges. Work horse back early as well with 2 OL is what I think needs to happen... unless a great QB talent somehow slides. This off season needs to be all about fixing that dumpster fire we call an offense.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Marqise Lee is an option. As is Paul Richardson. I would prefer Marqise Cuz he is more complete. The tandem are deep threats and can climb the ladder and score from anywhere. But Marqise can get early separation intermediate and short. As well as late separation with suddenness and physicality. He is built very strong at 6'0 198 lbs. with right QB and system Marqise could be a serious weapon. Paul Richardson is Tory Holt that runs better routes and attacks the football.

Paul and Marqise are 2 of my favorite WRs ever coming out of college. Marqise and Joe Flacco could really become one of the great connections. Marqise can do everything Landry does but is far more explosive and a big play threat. Which would open up short to intermediate routes that much more. I think Marqise is really gonna break out this season with some big games. I would take his teammate Allen Robinson as well.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
And why do you think miami let’s him walk
The Dolphins were actively trying to trade him, wanting a second round pick at the start of this year. They have just signed Kenny Stills to a huge deal last offseason and don't want Jarvis. They want Devante Parker to take over. In addition, Alshon Jeffery and Pryor will catch on and get the big ass contracts. I could see us signing Jarvis to a 4 year 35-40 million dollar deal. Ozzie can't draft a WR for shit, and we definitely have the cap. I really hope we throw some money at him.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Jarvis is a nice idea provided he hits FA, but I personally have my eyes on Donte Moncrief. I like Davante Adams but think GB will resign him, and I like Moncrief as a possession receiver, something we just don't have at the moment. Ultimately I think we must pursue one of those unflashy but productive WR who can bail out Flacco.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Jarvis is a nice idea provided he hits FA, but I personally have my eyes on Donte Moncrief. I like Davante Adams but think GB will resign him, and I like Moncrief as a possession receiver, something we just don't have at the moment. Ultimately I think we must pursue one of those unflashy but productive WR who can bail out Flacco.

Ravens need a very good WR that can get the offense out of low gear. A WR that hasn't yet completely broke out but has the skills to do so. A NO. 1 WR that the receivers in the team can feed off the attention he takes. I don't believe the ravens need more of the same of Wallace and Maclin.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Ravens need a very good WR that can get the offense out of low gear. A WR that hasn't yet completely broke out but has the skills to do so. A NO. 1 WR that the receivers in the team can feed off the attention he takes. I don't believe the ravens need more of the same of Wallace and Maclin.
So you think the Ravens are the team to unveil WR talent that no one else saw?

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Looking at over the cap we have less than $ 10 million of cap space for 2018. Seems we will be very limited in what we can do in free agency.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How would you suggest the extension for Jimmy Smith be structured?
Jimmy Smith is contracted throug the 2019 season. This season his salary is 775,000 and cap figure is 7.4m. Next year his salary is 9m and cal figure is 16m. I’d suggest extending him two years and converting 8 million of salary to signing bonus and spreading it over the life of contract. I suggest extending him through 2021. He also has 2.6m of signing bonus that can be spread out over a longer period in each year of his contract.

We have to also remember at the end of the collective bargaining agreemant in 2020 or 21, the cap figure could go up tremendously or atleast more than normal because of new tv deals that will probably come with those.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
D
How would you suggest the extension for Jimmy Smith be structured?
in addition to Jimmy restructuring I currently see us extending CJ. Next year will be his 5th year option ams he will be playing for 8.7 million. We could backload a deal giving us room in the first couple years under the cap and have it increase in year 3 or 4 of the deal. He would still be young at that point and possibly ready for another deal.

We could also restructure the Weddle deal to save a couple million.

And I emphasize the cap will go up atleast 10m